96 replies to this topic

#31 franknstein

franknstein

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:43 AM

I have 08' for my ps3 and im not someone who'll buy games every year, i usually buy the fifa every other year. so, other than updating the team's attributes like the real team are there any great improvements that persuade to to get 09?

-San Jose will be included in MLS

-Updated kits and rosters

-Possibly a wider selection of stadia

-The referee will be on the pitch during play
(Not very important to the game itself but I think this is awesome.)

-Updated "Be A Pro Mode"

-Wider customization options

-Most important, better gameplay

Not sure how important those things are to you, and I'm sure there's more than what I listed.

Trailer

Official 'Merican site.
Cuz, man, have you seen the women in Liverpool? Sea scags, man.- Calexico

#32 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:55 AM

Look at the demo videos. It looks like a much better overall game than 08. to each their own though. PC demo will be out on the 11th i believe
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#33 franknstein

franknstein

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:00 AM

Look at the demo videos. It looks like a much better overall game than 08. to each their own though. PC demo will be out on the 11th i believe

I agree.

The demos for PC, Xbox and PS3 will be released on the 11th, I can't wait.

#34 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy Arsenal

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:09 AM

My roommate refuses to get 08. He is in love with Fifa 07 and thinks its the best game of all time. With the XBOX 360 dropping to 200 bucks I might pull the trigger on getting one as opposed to playing 09 on the Wii. I just had a hard time with 08 on the Wii. Pro Evo soccer is light years better on the Wii than FIFA

#35 franknstein

franknstein

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:18 AM

My roommate refuses to get 08. He is in love with Fifa 07 and thinks its the best game of all time. With the XBOX 360 dropping to 200 bucks I might pull the trigger on getting one as opposed to playing 09 on the Wii. I just had a hard time with 08 on the Wii. Pro Evo soccer is light years better on the Wii than FIFA

How many games will you play, and will you download content from Xbox Live?

Do you own an HDTV?

Do you have any XBOX games?

The $199 model doesn't come with an HD cable, a hard drive, and isn't backwards compatible.

It doesn't come with a headset for Xbox Live either.

#36 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy Arsenal

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:21 AM

How many games will you play, and will you download content from Xbox Live?

Do you own an HDTV?

Do you have any XBOX games?

The $199 model doesn't come with an HD cable, a hard drive, and isn't backwards compatible.

It doesn't come with a headset for Xbox Live either.

Honestly there are only 5 games I want to play for Xbox 360:
Fifa 09
Pro Evo
GTA 4
Gears of War 2
NBA 2k9

I dont play online, I dont have an HDTV, I still have my old Xbox (NFL 2k5!!), and I dont need a hard drive only to save games on the 256 mb card. Plus I'd rather have a wired controller as I wont lose it in my drunk haze and no batteries

#37 galaxyforever13

galaxyforever13

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:LA GALAXY<br />LA LAKERS<br />UCLA BRUINS<br />LONG BEACH STATE 49ERS<br />MAN CITY
  • Supports:LA GALAXY, Man City, USMNT

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:45 AM

-San Jose will be included in MLS

-Updated kits and rosters

-Possibly a wider selection of stadia

-The referee will be on the pitch during play
(Not very important to the game itself but I think this is awesome.)

-Updated "Be A Pro Mode"

-Wider customization options

-Most important, better gameplay

Not sure how important those things are to you, and I'm sure there's more than what I listed.

Trailer

Official 'Merican site.

I like playing with the G's and mls, but i mostly play manager mode in the premier league with Man City.
I dont really like "Be a Pro Mode" at all
Gameplay is always important
I def. want better customization
Stadiums is huge on my list!!!
The referee things is fucking awesom.

Result: Im gonna get NBA 09 first (Kobe, bynum, yu, and Pau), then eat off of mcdonald's dollar menu to try and save for fifa 09. thanks for the tips
"If you go out with a girl and they say she has a great personality, she's ugly. If they tell you a guy works hard, he can't play a lick. Same thing."---Charles Barkley

#38 Ben7

Ben7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, MLS & USMNT

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:58 AM

I never use the Be a Pro or Manager mode (Football Manager aka WorldWideSoccerManager is the real deal in that department)

I only use the "challenges" where you get "points" if you win MLS and other leagues, cups. I believe it's the only way to play a season with tables/standings and the likes.

Demo is only 4 days away - which will allow me to see if my old desktop still can handle the improved graphics of FIFA09...

I hope the HDC will be on all platforms now, wonder how it looks on the PS3 or Xbox360, the PC version was nice, but the overall graphic quality sadly not so.

I'll keep last years version non the less (since it was the last version with Cobi in the game)

Are the commentators the lame english guys or are they from FSN/FSC (Rogadino etc)
Would be cool to have them in.

#39 AboutaSith

AboutaSith

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Interests:Football, Football, Football! Film, Music - listening and concert going, Baseball, Ice Hockey.
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Liverpool, St Mirren

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:23 AM

I never use the Be a Pro or Manager mode (Football Manager aka WorldWideSoccerManager is the real deal in that department)

Football Manager/Worldwide Soccer Manager is the best footie manager game ever! I get free copy cos my mate works there!

I pre-ordered FIFA09 for the Wii the other day. Cant wait.
You have the capacity to learn from your mistakes. You will learn a lot today.
C'mon the Galaxy!
Liverpool for the Premier League,FA Cup & League Cup!
St Mirren for a top half finish in the SPL!
C'mon Angels!
Google+

#40 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:46 PM

Online Be a Pro mode can be the best football experience you have if you get a solid team playing along side you. I've got a story about playing as the US against Mexico with a full server. Its too long to type so ask me about it sometime. Bottom line, i scored the game winning goal in ET. Truly a good time with a good team.
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#41 franknstein

franknstein

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:28 AM

I don't like the Be A Pro Mode either but I like the Manager Mode, maybe because I have yet to try this Football Manager I keep hearing about.

#42 Deeve

Deeve

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:42 PM

Zero's got a great point. I just got into Be A Pro mode on the Euro 2008 game and it's too much fun being able to play with a whole team of dudes. One of the sick features of FIFA 09 is that you can create a club online and join leagues and compete with other teams in the league via that Be A Pro mode. Also, the managers of the teams have the ability to recruit players. So essentially, you have the ability to fully replicate being a pro in the international football market. fucking brilliant.

#43 franknstein

franknstein

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 05:16 AM

Played two games so far.

Lost to Madrid 3-0 as TFC and 1-0 to Madrid as Marseille.

The controls are strange, kind of how I felt when I first picked up FIFA 08.

I didn't get out of my half in the first game, but came very close to scoring in the second—that is, after I used the awesome new "custom configuration" feature to use the FIFA 08 controls.

The animations look cleaner with the exception of the running (which looks retarded) and having the referees and assistants on the pitch is pretty cool.

From what I've played, the gameplay seems improved. The first touch is better, players ask for the ball when open, passes actually go where you want, same for the shots, and the goalkeeper is more responsive.

The arena is set in Brazil, and the arena has an AC Milan crest on it. I hope that this is only for the demo and it can be changed in the full game.

Another thing about the arena, instead of just telling you to "Press Start To Play" after it's finished loading, it takes you to the actual stadium you're playing at and then tells you to "Press Start," pretty cool.

I will play some more now.

EDIT:

The crest on the arena changes to whatever team you choose.

I drew 1-1 against Madrid with Shalke, getting better.

The fan animations are better, they have some of them actually jumping.

Having the ref on the pitch is going to take some getting used to. In the first half of my last game, the ref got in the way of Madrid's cross; in the second half he got in the way of my pass. It's "realistic", but I'd prefer it if they could configure it so he doesn't get in the way.

#44 zombie.h4x

zombie.h4x

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:19 PM

From what I've played, the gameplay seems improved. The first touch is better, players ask for the ball when open, passes actually go where you want, same for the shots, and the goalkeeper is more responsive.

Agreed, first touches and passes have been tweaked for the better in '09!
The little things are a nice facelift for '09, ie: ref & attendants, fans, the loading screen (as mentioned), and player signaling.
Have yet to have the ref interfere with any of my play, but I could definitely see it be frustrating if it did happen.

after playing the demo (2min halves eff that) and switching back over to 08 to finish my tourney I immediately noticed the positive game play changes that '09 brings. Can't believe I have to wait another month; but my credit card appreciates it.

#45 Ben7

Ben7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, MLS & USMNT

Posted 15 September 2008 - 02:45 AM

I need some tech help with FIFA/PC...

Since a few months I have troubles with my screen or/and my graphic card or some other thing I have no idea about...
When I want to play the Demo a message comes up "requires a hardware graphic(card) accelerator"...

I haven't played FIFA 08 in a few months on my PC, but the same problem shows up there now..

I've installed the lastest card driver, java and service packs. any help ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users