ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

I'm renewing, it's still the best deal in sports of any of the teams in this area in my opinion. I barely miss any games and when I do I can easily sell them to get my money back. Plus the free tickets to the opening rounds of champions league and open cup and playoffs are a nice bonus. How many teams in this league give free tickets for playoff games? I doubt it's many.

Yes, if you can make it to every game sure why not. So does a lot of people, but I bet there's a lot people that haven't. the truth is that next year, the eastern conference will just be tougher with DC getting their own stadium and NE under a new coach and I don't know what this team is going to do to address our defense problems to be optimistic about. Maybe they'll lose Adams only to replace him with some obscure French guy.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
I appreciate the sentiments of those on both sides of the issue. I renewed, because of my loyalty to the club, which IMO is not being reciprocated, at least not fully. It's not a question of money for me. If it was, the sensible move would be not to renew.
I just wanted to express my disappointment in RB's move to try the patience of many STHs by debasing the value of game tickets, to the point where RB actively dumps unsold tickets on the market. I could be equally upset by what I perceive is the distribution of free tickets as well, in an attempt to bolster the bogus attendance figures spewing from the FO. However, AFAIK, those tickets are not being handed out freely outside RBA, while SeatGeek is the functional equivalent of that in the virtual world, to anyone with a smart phone and the inclination to attend a game.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

I have never had season tickets.  I do not think it has ever been worth since the arrival of Stubhub and Seatgeek.  The only time I have paid above face value is for tickets to NYCFC in the first season.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

I just wanted to express my disappointment in RB's move to try the patience of many STHs by debasing the value of game tickets, to the point where RB actively dumps unsold tickets on the market. I could be equally upset by what I perceive is the distribution of free tickets as well, in an attempt to bolster the bogus attendance figures spewing from the FO. However, AFAIK, those tickets are not being handed out freely outside RBA, while SeatGeek is the functional equivalent of that in the virtual world, to anyone with a smart phone and the inclination to attend a game.

This is part of the reason why I felt perfectly fine not renewing my seats. The FO clearly wants to dissuade people from getting season tickets or they wouldn't dump all those cheap tickets on StubHub. Who am I to argue when they want me to pay $6 a seat instead of $30+?

pushthepace

pushthepace

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

I have also never been a season ticket owner because I end up working a lot of nights and weekends so it never really made sense to me. I will normally buy from StubHub, SeatGeek or from a member on this site. I have purchased tickets directly from RBNY (good promotions, NYC derby, playoffs) but ever since they switched over to Ticketmaster and their ridiculous fees I've barely used the official site as an option. Something very interesting I've noticed this season is that I will get 1-2 calls a week from a ticket rep telling me about some "great deals and exciting matchups" coming up. I never answer these calls and never return them yet they continue to call. Ticket sales must not be doing well at all for the amount of phone calls I receive when I haven't purchased tickets directly from the office in years... 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

Who am I to argue when they want me to pay $6 a seat instead of $30+?

I don't think that "want" is the correct word. Perhaps "permit" is more appropriate.
Either way, it does not make fiscal sense to pay a minimum of $400 for season tickets, and perhaps miss a few, when you can attend 15 games for $90.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

I appreciate the sentiments of those on both sides of the issue. I renewed, because of my loyalty to the club, which IMO is not being reciprocated, at least not fully. It's not a question of money for me. If it was, the sensible move would be not to renew.

This is basically how it is for me. I like the idea of being a season ticket holder and want to be a loyal fan, plus it's nice to have the same seat. But it definitely feels like a somewhat dumb decision financially. 

The deep discounts/giveaways is a tricky issue. On the one hand, I get the marketing idea that you just want to get butts in the seats and try to get people hooked. But on the other, it really makes season tickets virtually worthless from a financial perspective. I know of at least a couple NHL teams that grappled with this issue in recent years and made a decision to nearly eliminate discounts and giveaways. Their announced attendances dropped notably, but both claimed to actually be bringing in more revenue because all of the people who were there actually paid much closer to face value. It also made their season tickets much more attractive.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I want to have my same seats every game, and I like the other little perks that come with the ST's, but see less and less value in those every year. 

Financially, as long as I can expect special event deals, like friendly or USMNT tickets I can sell at a big profit, I can talk myself into it.    The Arsenal match paid for half my season tickets that year.  For the USMNT game this year, I basically got a $150/seat subsidy to my season ticket prices.   But I can never sell my regular season extra tickets for face value, ever, especially when you include fees, and that sucks, in principle.    There's a not a game all year that gets a premium on the secondary market.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

I get the marketing idea that you just want to get butts in the seats and try to get people hooked.

Is that what is happening? Or is it now mostly regulars paying $6 instead of $25? Does Sales have access to email addresses used to purchase tickets on SeatGeek, to see who is buying them? Does Sales compare them with its own data base, to see how many are repeat buyers and former ST & mini-plan holders?

NHL teams ... made a decision to nearly eliminate discounts and giveaways ... bringing in more revenue ... also made their season tickets much more attractive.

I can still usually buy $50 face-value Devils tickets outside the Rock for $20; from fans with an extra, not from scalpers.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Financially, as long as I can expect special event deals, like friendly or USMNT tickets I can sell at a big profit, I can talk myself into it....For the USMNT game this year, I basically got a $150/seat subsidy to my season ticket prices.

So you touted tickets to the the US WCQ? Way to be an asshole!!!
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

So you touted tickets to the the US WCQ? Way to be an asshole!!!

(South Park voice:) I'm sorry....I thought this was America.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
Someone should sue TicketBastard!
http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.3536405

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

In a way they were sued as I think they were part of the Live Nation suit where they had to give away tons of free tickets.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Sued for using illegal software to buy tons of tickets, not for scalping. Important distinction.

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

I remember when tickes were purchased using Red Bulls account manager like 2 years ago. RB sold their souls so they didn't have to pay the maintenace/support to keep it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users