37 replies to this topic

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

If you get enough back to make you noticeably better? Why not consider that?

Realistically speaking, do you think that kind of trade would be possible? I'm skeptical. 

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Realistically speaking, do you think that kind of trade would be possible? I'm skeptical. 

What teams would have to give up to get him? I agree I doubt a deal is out there. I just said it would be crazy not to consider good offers. In a salary cap league you always need to look after the whole. 

redredred

redredred

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Supports:metro

trade him for alessandrini

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
I'd trade him within the league.

If you do that you at least have a chance of getting something back, like a player.

If you sell abroad there is no guarantee that Red Bull will then turn around and reinvest the transfer funds into the club.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I'd trade him within the league.

If you do that you at least have a chance of getting something back, like a player.

If you sell abroad there is no guarantee that Red Bull will then turn around and reinvest the transfer funds into the club.

Unless Red Bull found a way to get their banks to accept General Allocation Money, they have no choice but to reinvest at least a sizable portion of any transfer fee back into the roster.

A player for player deal is the only reason I'd want an intra-league move. Other than Allesindrini are there any wingers on the market worth going for?

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Unless Red Bull found a way to get their banks to accept General Allocation Money, they have no choice but to reinvest at least a sizable portion of any transfer fee back into the roster.

A player for player deal is the only reason I'd want an intra-league move. Other than Allesindrini are there any wingers on the market worth going for?

Of course the obvious, needn't be said, makes too much sense, no brainer move is to keep Murillo and find a really good winger to bring in. That combo would be killer. Hard to believe the brain trust can't see it, so I can only conclude that they have their hands tied, or should I say their purse strings.

EDIT: I am just venting of course, we all know this already, sorry for the  :deadhorse:

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Of course the obvious, needn't be said, makes too much sense, no brainer move is to keep Murillo and find a really good winger to bring in. That combo would be killer. Hard to believe the brain trust can't see it, so I can only conclude that they have their hands tied, or should I say their purse strings.

If Murillo wants to leave for a better league and/or to have his wages e.g. quintupled, that's a major factor in the decision making too. He was on 90k last year, criminally underpaid compared to his level of performance.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
There's no one in the league other than say Ibra,
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users