251 replies to this topic

MKiz

MKiz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
  • Supports:New York RedBulls, USA, Greece
les be honest....do you guys think Hot and/or Kassel will latch onto any team anytime soon?? hopefully we might be anle to re-up with one (or both) in the future....just saying
R.I.P.
METRO
1996-2005

BlancDaBody

BlancDaBody

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Coventry City, USMNT

Sorry I'm not buying it! I think Lewis was spot on in his article the other day that none of these guys were even given a chance. I have a hard time believing that Petke who repeatedly praised Kassel believes he was not good enough to compete or that he failed!? . As for these so-called trialists that are all "better" than Hot and Kassel, they will probably not be "good enough either.' Most of them are forwards so there goes the philosophy about creating depth!! Seriously, if we use that type of reasoning that Backe has such an eye for talent, then what the hell is going on with Aguedelo? How could he possibly get better if he continues to be put further back in line in regards to depth ( Henry, Rogers, Cooper)? After last year and the start of this year I am not sold on the abilities of this organiztion to assess any type of talent no matter which level.

Agudelo would start every single game if we didn't have Henry. Fact is, Thierry is the best forward in this league man. Its like Steve Young playing behind Joe Montana, gotta wait your turn. If we stay with this 4-3-3 formation next season I can see Juan getting more minutes with the extra forward slot being available.

Agudelo just isn't complementary with Henry just yet. Rodgers is exactly what this team needs when we're playing a 4-4-2 with Thierry in the game. Cooper is a good player, but he won't be ahead of Agudelo on the depth chart, especially with 2 wing spots open in the 4-3-3 game.
"I'm Thierry Henry, BITCH!"
"I'M STRONG!" - Thierry Henry

Frog

Frog

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Agudelo weighed in on the topic on twitter:

It's a shame to see my boys @MattKassel and @SacirHot go from #RBNY . Academy boys. #shame

puhe

puhe

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Supports:metro

les be honest....do you guys think Hot and/or Kassel will latch onto any team anytime soon?? hopefully we might be anle to re-up with one (or both) in the future....just saying

My bet would be no they won't. But it is up to Kassel and Hot to prove Soler wrong.

puhe

puhe

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Supports:metro

if hot and kassel are not picked up by an MLS team then they will be remembered like johnny x, szetella or any other local star that didnt make it in the pros.

it happens. its too early to say whether this was a good or bad move.

Agree, to compare these guys with the likes of Magee, Davis, Gaven, who were already established players is pretty ridiculous.. Better comparison would be Brunner, but that was more of a contract dispute.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

.... its too early to say whether this was a good or bad move.

Apparently, its never too early here to say something's bad...

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

BlancDaBody

BlancDaBody

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Coventry City, USMNT

:cheers:
"I'm Thierry Henry, BITCH!"
"I'M STRONG!" - Thierry Henry

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Well, for every Mike Magee and Eddie Gaven there is a Blake Camp, David Roth and Dustin Shepard. You cant also compare Magee and Gaven to Kassel or Hot. Magee and Gaven were established MLS players before they were traded. Kassel and Hot are having a hard time standing out in the GA trip, MLS reserves or US Open Cup opponents. If you want to compare Kassel or Hot then you will have to comepare them to a guy like Camp who was projected to be a decent MLS player.

Barrajo was also an academy product who started his career in Europe before he made a move back to MLS. I hope Hot and Kassel have the same fortune and opportunity.

The only reason why i said its to early to judge this move is because i want to see Kassel and Hot succeed.

kubrick74

kubrick74

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
  • Supports:Metro FC / US Nats

Well, for every Mike Magee and Eddie Gaven there is a Blake Camp, David Roth and Dustin Shepard. You cant also compare Magee and Gaven to Kassel or Hot. Magee and Gaven were established MLS players before they were traded. Kassel and Hot are having a hard time standing out in the GA trip, MLS reserves or US Open Cup opponents. If you want to compare Kassel or Hot then you will have to comepare them to a guy like Camp who was projected to be a decent MLS player.

Barrajo was also an academy product who started his career in Europe before he made a move back to MLS. I hope Hot and Kassel have the same fortune and opportunity.

The only reason why i said its to early to judge this move is because i want to see Kassel and Hot succeed.

It's also never mentioned that Magee and Gaven were let go under different regimes. Are there any young players (americans or foreigners, academy or draftees in the Soler/Backe era who were let go/jettisoned and turned into solid MLS'ers?

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

It's also never mentioned that Magee and Gaven were let go under different regimes. Are there any young players (americans or foreigners, academy or draftees in the Soler/Backe era who were let go/jettisoned and turned into solid MLS'ers?

You could throw the rico clark trade in there as well so we could sign a 37 yr old frenchman. This wS under the bob bradley/metrostars banner. You know....back when the FO and ownership cared about the fans and were concerned with developing young american talent :)+

5 year plan

Calcio20

Calcio20

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars FC Juve USMNT

Good ridence to both of them. Bring in those who have talent this isnt MLS pre school.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

they will be remembered like ... szetella

Off topic, but I always felt that Szetela was hard done by.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Off topic, but I always felt that Szetela was hard done by.

Szetela has done well for himself. I heard he joined an Pub MMA league. :lol:

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Szetela has done well for himself.

Let's get real about this. Szetela's situation had very little to do with his on field soccer ability.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

MetroFever

MetroFever

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

If I'm Petke, I am going to update my resume quickly because his job is probably not as secure as many might think.

Petke is probably the source behind the anonymous comments in the Big Apple Soccer article. Look for him to be canned before the start of the season or very early in the season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users