106 replies to this topic

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
A buddy of mine in the club seats tonight said Jesse was barking at Kutler all night about being out of position.

Sh*t went down with Muyl and Royer post game (Muyl was horrific tonight). I've supported Muyl since his GTown days, but his antics this preseason and during the season (thinking he is a superstar) have moved him WAY down on my "Give a Damn" Meter.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Who was it that ran over to Muyl and told him to get up immediately after the full time whistle? Was it Royer or long?

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea

In the club seats tonight. Jesse was barking at Kutler all night about being out of position.

Sh*t went down with Muyl and Royer post game (Muyl was horrific tonight). I've supported Muyl since his GTown days, but his antics this preseason and during the season (thinking he is a superstar) have moved him WAY down on my "Give a Damn" Meter.

Yeah what was that about? It wasn't a good look at the end of a win.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Dominated play almost all game with the exception of a 5 minute stretch in the first half, Seattle's goal was a good one but it came against the run of play. That is a bad, bad Seattle team that looked like it had given up after our second goal.

That was just some of the most comical finishing I've seen in a long time. BWP, Royer, Valot, and Muyl all could have had hat tricks tonight, Etienne could have probably had a brace himself. I can only imagine what the expected goal stat is gonna show up as, it might approach double digits...

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Yeah what was that about? It wasn't a good look at the end of a win.

Probably over the last play where Muyl tried to dribble a third straight defender instead of putting Royer through 1v1 with the keeper. They were only up one at that point, still wasn't time to fuck around.

Muyl was about 0/10 on decision making anywhere close to the box tonight, just awful.

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea

Probably over the last play where Muyl tried to dribble a third straight defender instead of putting Royer through 1v1 with the keeper. They were only up one at that point, still wasn't time to fuck around.

Muyl was about 0/10 on decision making anywhere close to the box tonight, just awful.

I honestly think he needs a sports psychiatrist. He seems lost once he gets into the 18 yard box anytime. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

I honestly think he needs a sports psychiatrist. He seems lost once he gets into the 18 yard box anytime. 

Something happened this offseason. He has gotten cocky instead of trying to improve. Will be a spot starter this year, see limited minutes this year and be waived in 2020 at this rate.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Something happened this offseason. He has gotten cocky instead of trying to improve. Will be a spot starter this year, see limited minutes this year and be waived in 2020 at this rate.

He's Backed by Messi

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

A buddy of mine in the club seats tonight said Jesse was barking at Kutler all night about being out of position.

Royer was very selfish all of the second half, so for me he has no right to give Muyl shit about that at all. It was the last play of the game and they all knew it.

Muyl terrible with finishing (though anyone expecting him to finish headers like BWP or Dax will forever be disappointed) but had a lot of good plays on offense. Backheel in the second half to release Valot for a huge miss, a lot of good interplay with others.

Kutler's cross for the BWP goal was the best cross I've seen from this team in very long time. In the post match presser Jesse said they're really happy with Kutler offensively and are working on building up his defensive skills (though I thought he had a couple of big plays there as well, covering well for Parker on one occasion).

Parker had poor touches/positioning a few times, hopefully it's just tiredness/jetlag.

The result was closer than the play on the field was. Take the 3 points and move on.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Dominated play almost all game with the exception of a 5 minute stretch in the first half, Seattle's goal was a good one but it came against the run of play. That is a bad, bad Seattle team that looked like it had given up after our second goal.

That was just some of the most comical finishing I've seen in a long time. BWP, Royer, Valot, and Muyl all could have had hat tricks tonight, Etienne could have probably had a brace himself. I can only imagine what the expected goal stat is gonna show up as, it might approach double digits...

Seriously. I feel like we could have dropped 8 on them if our finishing touch wasnt abysmal tonight.

Didnt like that it got unnecessarily nervy at the end, but Ill gladly take the 3 points to get us back to winning ways in league play.

RiverEnergyDrink

RiverEnergyDrink

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Probably one of the better attended midweek games in a while. 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Probably one of the better attended midweek games in a while. 

well it's the biannual appearance of one of the league's most popular teams featuring arguably the most accomplished American player ever so that should be expected.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Muyl was abysmal in and around the 18 tonight...which is a common theme. But as far as a bench player they dont get much better in MLS. He wont win you the game (clearly), but he wont lose it either. He puts in a real shift and every now and then pops up on the scoresheet. Thats about all you can ask.

However, his and Rzatkowskis antics at the end of the game are enough to see the bench for a prolonged period of time. That kind of decision making in that situation is 110% inexcusable.

STILL...Royer has some stones freaking out about that game ending idiocy. He himself has developed a pretty good habit of trying to dance way too much in the midfield followed by a poor decision leading to a turnover...BUT...the guy is lights out as a second striker. Just fantastic.

Valot was great. Kutler very good too. What is Wolly feeding these guys?!?!?

Parker should not be allowed to pass the ball to the center mids. Ever.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
Jimmy Eat World were real good tonight in Brooklyn. Did a 2 hour set and played all of their big stuff along with some new stuff and a few deep cuts. Well worth the $35 I paid a few months ago before it sold out. Spent lots of the concert checking my phone, Seattle scored right when they went into one of their long slower songs and I was dying for it to end so it would be full time at RBA.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

Royer was very selfish all of the second half, so for me he has no right to give Muyl shit about that at all. It was the last play of the game and they all knew it.

Muyl terrible with finishing (though anyone expecting him to finish headers like BWP or Dax will forever be disappointed) but had a lot of good plays on offense. Backheel in the second half to release Valot for a huge miss, a lot of good interplay with others.

Kutler's cross for the BWP goal was the best cross I've seen from this team in very long time. In the post match presser Jesse said they're really happy with Kutler offensively and are working on building up his defensive skills (though I thought he had a couple of big plays there as well, covering well for Parker on one occasion).

Parker had poor touches/positioning a few times, hopefully it's just tiredness/jetlag.

The result was closer than the play on the field was. Take the 3 points and move on.

Kutler also played that ball down the flank to Valot on the first goal, which opened up the whole play.  

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users