• Supports:METRO

Un minuto de silencioooooo

SHHHHHH
Para Atlanta que esta muerto

EA EA EA EA EA EA EA EA

EA EA EA EA EA EA EA EA

EDIT:

PHI getting hammered in Charlotte. 3-0. LOL 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
NYCFC-ORL @ RBA today @ 1 PM.
Tape-delay on YES @ 5:30 will show the big crowd.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
nycfc wins so we are down to 4th, if we don't beat Charlotte we could fall to 5th if Orlando or Miami or Columbus win out

We can actually drop down to 6th if we don't beat Charlotte and Miami and Columbus both win out. That would actually end up with us playing at nycfc and who knows where that game would even be. What a mess that would be.

nycfc finish their season in Atlanta so I think 3rd place is officially gone now since all they need is a draw to take 3rd

They really need to take care of business and just beat Charlotte.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Very possible we drop to 6th, NYCFC locks 3rd. Yankees game conflict meaning a NYCFC home match at Red Bull Arena and losing in our own house as the away team.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Very possible we drop to 6th, NYCFC locks 3rd. Yankees game conflict meaning a NYCFC home match at Red Bull Arena and losing in our own house as the away team.

I hope if this nightmare scenario happens the game is played at citi field

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

To drop to 6th, Miami has to win out, Columbus has to win out (Orlando plays them both, so them winning out cancels the other two). We would need to lose to Charlotte, as tying will even the three teams at 51, and we would beat Columbus in a tiebreaker.

So to get to 6 (% from 538):

Miami beats Orlando 42%

Miami beats Montreal 37%

Columbus beats Charlotte 33%

Columbus beats Orlando 26%

Metro loses to Charlotte 22%

.42 * .37 * .33 * .26 * .22 = .0029, or three times out of 1000. Highly unlikely, let's say.

The only way NYC can finish fourth is we jump them, so the 4-5 matchup with them simply can't happen. It seems we will not be playing them unless the above happens.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
Montreal can take the 1st seed with a win vs Miami and a Philly loss or draw to Toronto so Montreal will definitely be playing to win, hell if LAFC doesn't win right now vs Portland they have a slight chance to even win the shield.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Vela just scored a beauty of a goal literally a few minutes ago. And they just won the Shield with the GWG in the 95', via their new striker acquisition. And he buried his shot while making something out of nothing dribbling through POR's defense. Must be fucking nice.

I think we hopefully end up fourth. Quite possible that 3rd is out of reach now. But if we end up 5th, it would align with where I thought we'd end up back at the beginning of the season. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
LAFC takes their 2nd shield. Rather them than Philly or Montreal so that's fine.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Seattle is out for the first time ever, so I guess we can set the playoff streak record next year, when we undoubtedly make it only to immediately lose.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Still need to immediately lose this year.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

Seattle is out for the first time ever, so I guess we can set the playoff streak record next year, when we undoubtedly make it only to immediately lose.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Still need to immediately lose this year.

I'd rather be totally trash once every 4/5 years and be a legit mls cup challenger than whatever we've been doing.

How many times in the last 13 years did we really think we have a chance to win it all?

2/3?

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

I'd rather be totally trash once every 4/5 years and be a legit mls cup challenger than whatever we've been doing.

How many times in the last 13 years did we really think we have a chance to win it all?

2/3?

All Shield years, obviously. And whichever years we won the East. Honestly, to me, every year we had a chance until 2019.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

All Shield years, obviously. And whichever years we won the East. Honestly, to me, every year we had a chance until 2019.

I thought 2014 was going to be the year. I also thought we were winning that US Open Cup in 2017. Those two cups plus three shields and RBNY would have been the team of the 2010s decade with no room for debate.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

question is what team shows up in the playoffs - the team that played LAFC Austin Philly and MTN very tough and won some or the weak team we see that can't score. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Nycfc playoff games at RBA

Except not against us.

Wonder what they would use, maybe at John's or Columbia, Philly or hardford?

La???

MLS should have never given them a slot. Total joke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users