thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

My random thoughts:

- Thanks for coming, SWP. You had your moments. But unless you want to take a very low salary - as in, under $100K - I'd rather use the international spot and cap space on someone a bit younger and more versatile. I think if you go into next season with Veron/Grella/Sam as winger options with Zizzo or another player in that mold as the fourth option then the team is more or less set.

- Massive credit to Duvall/Lade/Zizzo for holding their own at Right Back in less-than-ideal circumstances. However, that's pretty clearly the spot on the team easiest to upgrade right now. Let Lade and/or Duvall rotate in for Lawrence/RB when necessary.

- Thanks for the memories, Roy Miller. The good and the bad. It seems inevitable that both sides will be moving on.

- JESUS FUCK PLEASE HOLD ON TO THE KIDS UNLESS THE PRICE IS AMAZING.

- SERIOUSLY, KEEP MIAZGA, LAWRENCE, AND ABANG THE FUCK AWAY FROM EUROPE.

Beyond that, idk what else is in store. A 3rd DP would be cool, but unless someone unexpected (or Miazga or Lawrence) is moving where the hell would he even play unless it's at right back? Minutes were already tough to come by for Davis/Abang/Veron/SWP.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

We are in very good shape for next season.  We have tons of cap space and our players are cheap and pretty much easily replaceable in Marsch's system.  I have no worries about next season at this point.  Looking forward to possibly taking Champions League seriously for a change.

puhe

puhe

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Supports:metro

If I could retain everyone but replace Zubar and SWP with similar resume experienced euro players.. I would.

beefyT

beefyT

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Supports:Taco Tuesday

bracing for the fire sale 

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

We are in very good shape for next season.  We have tons of cap space and our players are cheap and pretty much easily replaceable in Marsch's system.  I have no worries about next season at this point.  Looking forward to possibly taking Champions League seriously for a change.

Was not this team at the salary cap limit this season? I don't see how we improve with what we now know as cheap ownership!

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

I'd say, if Grella has trade value in the league, send him out.  There's no way he replicates this season again.

Some central midfield depth would be really useful, in addition to the obvious hole at right back.

If we're going to persist with a lone striker, someone better with hold-up play might be a consideration.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

I'd say, if Grella has trade value in the league, send him out.  There's no way he replicates this season again.

Some central midfield depth would be really useful, in addition to the obvious hole at right back.

If we're going to persist with a lone striker, someone better with hold-up play might be a consideration.

Really? Jesse Marsch practically had to strain just to find spots for Sean Davis to appear. And Veron could probably appear in the CAM role, pushing Kljestan to central mid when necessary. That seems like the least of our needs to me.

Now, I like Felipe, but if you were suggestion adding a world-class CM as an upgrade on him then I'd be down with that.

Jeremy Thunder

Jeremy Thunder

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts

Out:

Meara- it was nice while it lasted but from what we saw with NYCFC he's not gonna be unseating Robles. He hasn't missed a game in years, we don't need a 'high quality' backup. Trade bait at its from finest.

Zubar- fuck off. The drop off from Perinelle to Zubar was fucking astounding.

SWP- not impressed by what I saw. If we're really signing this jamaican kid, SWP isn't gonna be featuring much.

Roy Miller- there were some good times. There was a short time where he was the best LB in the league. Unless he's ready to take a pay cut, he's gone.

Thin ice:

Lade- I wanna see more of the player Henry saw years ago. He's done well in the small moments we've seen but fuck dude there's a lot of quality in your positions. Show us what you've got.

Perinelle- Played a massive role this season, and I like him a lot but dude is pretty old now and frankly, this club has not been holding onto CBs for long lately. 

BWP- Controversial opinion perhaps, but fuck it. This dude does not show up in the big games. When the going gets tough, BWP is nowhere to be found.

__    __   ______Spirit_of_96 __ __     _____    
 /_/\  /\_\ /\_____\/\_______)\/_/\__/\  ) ___ (   
 ) ) \/ ( (( (_____/\(___  __\/) ) ) ) )/ /\_/\ \  
/_/ \  / \_\\ \__\    / / /   /_/ /_/_// /_/ (_\ \ 
\ \ \\// / // /__/_  ( ( (    \ \ \ \ \\ \ )_/ / / 
 )_) )( (_(( (_____\  \ \ \    )_) ) \ \\ \/_\/ /  
 \_\/  \/_/ \/_____/  /_/_/    \_\/ \_\/ )_____(   
                   Red Bull Out                                 

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Oh, and a Dax extension would be nice. I know he has the team option, but after that he's a free agent. I'd rather suck it up and pay him more in order to lock him down long-term.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Was not this team at the salary cap limit this season? I don't see how we improve with what we now know as cheap ownership!

We were already way under the cap, plus we'll be unloading another $200k from Miller plus whomever else we drop.  We're in good shape cap-wise.

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

Upgrade the right back position. Even when Duval comes back i feel that he's just not good enough.  

Explore the possibility of getting a replacement for Zubar.  The dude is super injury prone and just doesn't look worth it.

Im expecting big things from Veron next year. 

I'd still keep SWP if possible.

I hope Sean Davis takes Felipe's spot

5 year plan

Jeremy Thunder

Jeremy Thunder

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts

We need a good 'dumb guy' CB to pair with Miazga. Just some big dumb bastard who can fuck up a strike, then lay off to Miazga to distribute back to midfield.

__    __   ______Spirit_of_96 __ __     _____    
 /_/\  /\_\ /\_____\/\_______)\/_/\__/\  ) ___ (   
 ) ) \/ ( (( (_____/\(___  __\/) ) ) ) )/ /\_/\ \  
/_/ \  / \_\\ \__\    / / /   /_/ /_/_// /_/ (_\ \ 
\ \ \\// / // /__/_  ( ( (    \ \ \ \ \\ \ )_/ / / 
 )_) )( (_(( (_____\  \ \ \    )_) ) \ \\ \/_\/ /  
 \_\/  \/_/ \/_____/  /_/_/    \_\/ \_\/ )_____(   
                   Red Bull Out                                 

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
Miazga's distribution was the worst I have ever seen. Those were his two worst games all year

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

We need a good 'dumb guy' CB to pair with Miazga. Just some big dumb bastard who can fuck up a strike, then lay off to Miazga to distribute back to midfield.

like an Omar gonzalez, Borchers,  Clerence Goodson, Hedges etc... type of CB.  

i wonder if Holgersson still has the same cell phone #?  give him a cawl

5 year plan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users