Shoot the Bull

Shoot the Bull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Interests:RBNY
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal
It makes sense. The kid probably hasnt shown he's able to start, as Backe has started Meara in every game untilhe got hurt. That's OK, he just needs to keep traning and improving.
Proud supporter and STH of RBNY - In it through thick and thin.

Forza Metro! We love ya. Oh, and Fuck DC scum.

twitter: @mromilio

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,535 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
How many 25 year old keepers do we have playing regular minutes in MLS?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,514 posts
No biggy. Keep improving. Backe has shown he's more than willing to play young guys. If he thinks they're ready. For the most part, Backe has been right about which players are actually ready for MLS. Ream, Lade, Barklage, Meara to name a few.

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

No biggy. Keep improving. Backe has shown he's more than willing to play young guys. If he thinks they're ready. For the most part, Backe has been right about which players are actually ready for MLS. Ream, Lade, Barklage, Meara to name a few.

:rolleyes:

Oh Boy.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
I don't really look at it as an active decision to keep Vuolo back. I see it as the team needing another GK while Meara is down, so they find someone who's available, and if that available person happens to be a better option than Vuolo, so be it. Gaudette gets the start. Fielding the best available team should be the priority over trying to develop youth. Especially when there are already so many banged up starters.

Jeremy Thunder

Jeremy Thunder

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Supports:Metro

:rolleyes:

Oh Boy.

Well, he is right that those guys were ready for MLS. What he may not be right about is whether or not Backe is a good judge of who isn't ready.
  __    __   ______Spirit_of_96 __ __     _____    
 /_/\  /\_\ /\_____\/\_______)\/_/\__/\  ) ___ (   
 ) ) \/ ( (( (_____/\(___  __\/) ) ) ) )/ /\_/\ \  
/_/ \  / \_\\ \__\    / / /   /_/ /_/_// /_/ (_\ \ 
\ \ \\// / // /__/_  ( ( (    \ \ \ \ \\ \ )_/ / / 
 )_) )( (_(( (_____\  \ \ \    )_) ) \ \\ \/_\/ /  
 \_\/  \/_/ \/_____/  /_/_/    \_\/ \_\/ )_____(   
                   Red Bull Out                                 

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,038 posts

I don't really look at it as an active decision to keep Vuolo back. I see it as the team needing another GK while Meara is down, so they find someone who's available, and if that available person happens to be a better option than Vuolo, so be it. Gaudette gets the start. Fielding the best available team should be the priority over trying to develop youth. Especially when there are already so many banged up starters.

Yeah, seems plausible, but it doesn't fit the "everything is horrible" scenarios, so I think we can comfortably reject your explanation. <_<

Could you perhaps make it look like a Heck decision? That always wins you favor here. :lol:

scheets973

scheets973

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, USMNT, Santos FC
What does that twitter comment say, can't look at it at work.

Grimnitz

Grimnitz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hertha BSC, FC Harlem

What does that twitter comment say, can't look at it at work.

@FrancoPanizoBacke on why Gaudette is starting over Vuolo, ”Jeremy is not ready for MLS.“
"What do I have to do to get you into my van?"~Konrad

“Sellouts are extremely important to us for what we're trying to start here.”-Chris Heck
http://www.facebook.com/VikingArmySC

chunas

chunas

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  • Supports:RedBulls
how that hell does he knows he is not ready ! if Voulo has not play an official game..... What a way to kill the kids confidence.
what just happen!

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

Well, he is right that those guys were ready for MLS. What he may not be right about is whether or not Backe is a good judge of who isn't ready.

Fair enough I can agree with that.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, football, hockey, basketball, baseball
  • Supports:Red Bulls
If it was not for injuries Clueless would not have been able to find out that barkladge and lade were mls ready. Me thinks Vuoa;o should have beeen given a chance like Lade and Barkladge were as he might just be a hidden gem.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,038 posts

If it was not for injuries Clueless would not have been able to find out that barkladge and lade were mls ready. Me thinks Vuoa;o should have beeen given a chance like Lade and Barkladge were as he might just be a hidden gem.

Yeah, we should have all of our starters go down with injuries so that all the bench players could show what hidden gems they are? :wacko:

Why do you think that is so different from other teams? I've watched a huge number of teams in multiple sports over four decades and it always the same story. The hidden gems emerge due to opportunities created by injured starters missing games.

In football it is almost routine since there is such a high injury toll.

Lade was praised by Backe in preseason and Barklage was kept on the roster while others were cut and he got the nod to play over Borrajo, despite it not being his "natural" position, when injuries presented the opportunity. They may have been hidden to you, but they weren't to the coaching staff who preferred them over other choices. But yes, it took injuries to give them the field time.

I don't hear anyone begging Hans to sit Henry so that Arteaga can get more time to prove himself, or McCarty, Lindpere or Solli so that we can get a look at Maduro, or hoping Conde or Pearce don't recover so that Ruthven can get some added minutes.

What Barklage has showed is that he is definitively better than Solli at RB and somehow "Clueless" managed to keep him here despite his being clueless.

The "Clever" handle was hyperbole and the "Clueless" nickname is the same, just in the opposite direction.

Ironically, it was Barklage who made the inexperienced mistake of defending space rather than the player that made Seattle's first goal look too easy. So, was Hans clueless for playing him afterall? Or is Hans clueless for not starting Vuolo? You can't have it both ways...except on MF.

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
I'm not sold on Lade as a "gem" quite yet. I like his energy and speed, but those assets aren't overcoming the fact he's a puny featherweight that gets knocked off the ball in any mildly physical challenge. But at least he has hustle, which is more than i can say for a LOT of the team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users