• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
My complaint isn't with RB at the moment (I SAID AT THE MOMENT), but more with Garber being so gung ho on finding a stadium in New York. Can someone who was paying more attention at the time to this sort of thing tell me how much effort Garber put into finding us a stadium in New York?

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

If someone wants to support there home-state soccer team, who they have supported for over a decade, they should not be called shit holes or anything of the sort.

You are not a poo poo hole.

I know it was another embarressing event, which seems like to story of Chris Hecks' life.....but why such venom at Red Bull?

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

Would anything be different with an AEG owned Metrostars?

Nope.

And people you and that other ass would be finding things to complain about. It's the nature of the world. And it's the nature of internet trolling.

Of course not. Absentee ownership in Austria is about the same as absentee ownership in LA. Probably even worse in some respects.

and no one is really calling for AEG to come back unless they were willing to make us a priority (which they are not).

Committed, competent ownership willing to involve the local marketplace. So simple, yet so seemingly impossible to find around here?

Kluge and Subotnick were not it, AEG were not it, and Red Bull is not it.

So yes, we will bash the shit out of RBNY every bit as much as we did Nick Sack/Guppy/Washo/AEG. Just different topics to beat them with. But the common denominator remains the same.

UncleLTrain

UncleLTrain

Shogun of Jersey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,584 posts
  • Interests:I do things
  • Supports:RBNY

Committed, competent ownership willing to involve the local marketplace. So simple, yet so seemingly impossible to find around here?

Kluge and Subotnick were not it, AEG were not it, and Red Bull is not it.

Facts.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Apparently, yes.
Any idea of an owner, who would meet your standards? :unsure:

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users