#4366 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:08 PM

Beckerman speaks the truth unfortunately. RSL is lightyears ahead of us as far as being a complete team. They bossed the game for the most part and have done that to us pretty much since they grew up as a organization and hired Kreis. They play great football, something we don't. We counter and do that very well but RSL is a much better team than us.

#4367 haggis

haggis

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,438 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Cheebs, Kebabs, Curry Sauce, all things Axl Huckleberry and my anxiety-ridden beagle, and my wife who is my life (not necessarily in that order)<br /><br />But, he's a good beagle!
  • Supports:Galaxy, Rangers, and Good Beer!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

Now granted i know very little about this . . .

but i can't help but think the SPL losing their Setanta contracts lead to alot of their money issues. The big SPL clubs were very dependent on the Setanta money, and when Setanta went broke, it had to be a death blow to their revenue streams.

Which makes me ask, why didn't the SPL bring down their asking price and get at least some money from a USA TV contract with GolTV or FSC?

makes money sense to me
Judas: "We welcomed you with open arms, but will be seeing you off with the 2 finger salute!"

BMAB: Drunkenese for By Me Another Beer!
"For fear that one drink will be lonesome, take another to keep it company, and another to keep the peace between them." -Anonymous

Hey, Kool Aid!

For the love of beer, it was a pretzel!

#4368 Cristobal Guillermo

Cristobal Guillermo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,817 posts
  • Supports:GaLAxy, USWNT, Reign, Tacoma Stars

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

Smurfs l'Orange continue to stay classy.

Proud "been a fan since '96" douchenozzle

Cogito me cogitare, ergo cogito me esse. Et futuito istam pullam!

http://www.nybooks.c.../15/our-moloch/

#4369 samoabob

samoabob

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts
  • Supports:LA GALAXY! Liverpool FC

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:08 AM

Smurfs l'Orange continue to stay classy.

The three games seems appropriate but I want to see what they fined him. It better be a lot or the league is going to have quite the PR nightmare. I already saw someone (from Seattle) calling out the league on facebook saying they were a "high member" of GLAAD. Granted that can be false but around the league people are upset enough about this.

#4370 ESCO

ESCO

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts
  • Supports:LAG | LFC

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:21 AM

The three games seems appropriate but I want to see what they fined him. It better be a lot or the league is going to have quite the PR nightmare. I already saw someone (from Seattle) calling out the league on facebook saying they were a "high member" of GLAAD. Granted that can be false but around the league people are upset enough about this.

What did the guy really say?

#4371 samoabob

samoabob

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts
  • Supports:LA GALAXY! Liverpool FC

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:30 AM

What did the guy really say?

He just said that the 3 games was bs and that people should know what the league fined him. "I am a ranking member of GLAAD" something to that extent was thrown out there.

#4372 ESCO

ESCO

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts
  • Supports:LAG | LFC

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:13 AM

He just said that the 3 games was bs and that people should know what the league fined him. "I am a ranking member of GLAAD" something to that extent was thrown out there.

No, what got him banned.

#4373 American Beer

American Beer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Supports:Whiskey & Pancakes

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:22 AM

Didn't he call the ball boy 'faggot' when he took too long to get the ball back to him for a throw in? The kid was like 11 and the utterances apparently got caught on the sideline mic.

Edit: for your viewing pleasure

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

Torrance Pickup Soccer @ Greenwood Park, 9:00am Saturday! Details here: https://www.facebook...yourLARiotSquad

#4374 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:42 AM

Didn't he call the ball boy 'faggot' when he took too long to get the ball back to him for a throw in? The kid was like 11 and the utterances apparently got caught on the sideline mic.

That's just weird.

So this is the point where Isaac comes and tells us that in the culture Clark grew up in, words like "faggot" don't have the same weight they do here.

But really, calling a kid a "faggot"? Really?

#4375 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:00 AM

That's just weird.

So this is the point where Isaac comes and tells us that in the culture Clark grew up in, words like "faggot" don't have the same weight they do here.

Posted Image
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#4376 projectx

projectx

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

(doing my best Isaac impression)

In Fort Collins Colorado the freezing weather bonds the upper teeth to the lower lip, because of this the word Maggot sounds like Faggot...

#4377 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

Luke Rogers Visa Denied, His Contract Terminated by NYRB

Thank you, George W. Bush!

#4378 batrost7

batrost7

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USA

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

Fridays are always amazing. Suck a dick RBNY.

#4379 American Beer

American Beer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Supports:Whiskey & Pancakes

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

From what I can glean, it was not the firecracker incident or his assault on the bouncer that that came back to haunt him. As best I can gather, it was a minor incident that went unreported by Rodgers that occurred between  his 2011 approval and his actual arrival in the U.S. that was the proverbial straw that broke to camel’s back.

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

Torrance Pickup Soccer @ Greenwood Park, 9:00am Saturday! Details here: https://www.facebook...yourLARiotSquad

#4380 tracer

tracer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Galaxy, m. utd, dodgers, teaching, more dodgers...more galaxy...chickens
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Man Utd, USMNT

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

all is right...

now go update the posts thread

foo

Team Tucker: You might be cool, but I am ZERO cool.  Foo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users