• Please log in to reply
2019 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Their fans call out their players when they suck. We just keep chanting "We love you Metro" and "As long as I'm Breathing" and expect different results.

This video was ridiculous

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Because that worked so well at Giants Stadium. And I say this as someone who was in the front row letting them know my anger

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Castellanos to Lazio for $16 million.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Say I am a youth player in Manhattan. Today, which team is better for your career to play for - NYCFC or Metro?  

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Castellanos to Lazio for $16 million.

NYCFC to Lazio? The jokes write themselves don't they?

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
At kick-off, both Team captains did the mandatory ceremony to remind fans to not chant discriminatory chants. Well guess what, the idiots from NYC FC chanted the infamous Mexican chant at the 85th minute. The definition of tools.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

captains remind fans to not chant discriminatory chants. idiots from NYC FC chanted the infamous Mexican chant at the 85th minute.

Did not hear it. There was an announcement on the video screen, which I only saw in Spanish.
Some post-game festivities: https://twitter.com/...z_9nqyJnyhySPEA
Rumor that a boycity fan pulled a knife.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Did not hear it. There was an announcement on the video screen, which I only saw in Spanish.
Some post-game festivities: https://twitter.com/...z_9nqyJnyhySPEA
Rumor that a boycity fan pulled a knife.

Garber and the clowns who run the league need to pull their thumbs out of their asses and drop the hammer on boy city and their shitbag supporters. It's one of the reasons I don't like going to matches vs them because I don't want to deal with this bullshit. One of these days one of those stupid fucks is going to do more than just pull a knife and MLS is going to face a PR nightmare.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

jjtbone

jjtbone

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Supports:RBNY Player Hatah!

Garber and the clowns who run the league need to pull their thumbs out of their asses and drop the hammer on boy city and their shitbag supporters. It's one of the reasons I don't like going to matches vs them because I don't want to deal with this bullshit. One of these days one of those stupid fucks is going to do more than just pull a knife and MLS is going to face a PR nightmare.

This. Bannning the supporters clubs is not enough, there needs to be club sanction. NYCFC have had a lot of fan issues, including a group of neo nazis where I believe the third tail even asked the FO to ban them from YS to no avail.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

Garber need(s) to drop the hammer on boy city and their shitbag supporters.

I doubt that MLS FO will ever do anything. IIRC, when some San Jose ultras became a problem at other stadiums, it was those clubs who dealt with it by banning SJ fans entirely. I am not a big fan of collective punishments, because it could splash back on our own fans and SGs. I have traveled to a lot of away games, and would not like to be banned for the actions of others.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

Bannning the supporters clubs is not enough, there needs to be club sanction.

Again: be careful what you ask for.

NYCFC have had a lot of fan issues, including a group of neo nazis where I believe the third tail even asked the FO to ban them from YS to no avail.

Thus, an internal issue. I have not heard anything about the YS neo-Ns in recent years. Many of these issues resolve themselves.

jjtbone

jjtbone

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
Yeah, I find these to not be compelling arguments. If there is persistent, hooligan or clearly discriminatory behavior and the club does not take action, there needs to be an example set. Neo-nazis rarely work themselves out.

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

This. Bannning the supporters clubs is not enough, there needs to be club sanction. NYCFC have had a lot of fan issues, including a group of neo nazis where I believe the third tail even asked the FO to ban them from YS to no avail.

If I recall correctly, NYCFC was actually pretty proactive about it and did start banning those guys.

The issue was that one of the SGs kept sneaking them tickets to away games, so they stuck around the club for far longer than any normal person would have liked. I'm not sure what the situation is now, but I suspect it's been resolved simply because we haven't heard about it in awhile.

I'm not typically the kind of person to appeal to a higher authority, but I do think the league stepping in is warranted here. NYCFC fans routinely come to RBA and think it's ok to put on a watered down Green Street Hooligans act because New Jersey or something. When the Red Bulls respond by cutting their ticket allotment or putting more security in their section, NYCFC responds in kind when we go to Yankee Stadium, which is basically an endorsement of their moron fans' behavior. Red Bull can only do so much and NYCFC clearly doesn't care, so all that's left is MLS to do something. Because at some point the only option is a bunch more cops start showing up and a bunch of guys get arrested. I'm sure the league will love all those headlines the next day.

jjtbone

jjtbone

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
I think the team was proactive when it was reported in the press, query whether that is real proactive at all. The SG were certainly part of the problem, but they root for NYCFC so I expect them to be douches. Totally agree on league action.

njdevils3027

njdevils3027

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Way too many of their fans come from the shithole that is the Bronx and act like Jersey is beneath them. Pretty funny on the surface, not funny when the ratchet and violent behavior starts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users