119 replies to this topic

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Barlow's misses somehow being only the 4th worst/dumbest thing to happen today is pretty impressive (Morgan injury, Reyes second yellow, Nealis penalty).

What a shit sandwich of a game. Hopefully Morgan isn't too badly hurt.

Morgan looked pretty visually upset so unfortunately I'm not too hopeful about it. We really need some good news there.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Morgan looked pretty visually upset so unfortunately I'm not too hopeful about it. We really need some good news there.

He seemed to tweak something right at the previous play around 89:50 while blocking a clearance. Fingers crossed.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

He seemed to tweak something right at the previous play around 89:50 while blocking a clearance. Fingers crossed.

What was he out injured for? It did appear as if he aggravated something related to or tweaked something new. But he knew immediately that he was injured.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts
Sorry dont get this from Nealis
Ask higgenbottom said on the call Reyes need to play ball and run into space on 2nd yellow not play the man
And he had help back

Also no issue with pk call

Just poor choices by coach , players and injuries still not hrlping

Daniel Rebain 🇺🇲🇵🇱
@pvtmcbain
·
Follow
Red Bull captain Sean Nealis vented his frustration about Victor Rivas' refereeing performance tonight as RBNY was once again on the wrong side of poor officiating.

"I don't know if Victor is the one that has the most backbone in making these calls." 👀😬

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
The starting lineup was very weird from Troy. I have no idea what he was going for. I was hoping it would make sense as the game went on, but it did not.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

The starting lineup was very weird from Troy. I have no idea what he was going for. I was hoping it would make sense as the game went on, but it did not.

Why not wiki CAM and Manoel as LW
Or wiki and CCJ with yearwood as 8
Just anyone but Barlow and yearwood AT THE SAME TIME when we are tied and to start

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

mental mistakes after all the games we played since the beginning of May makes a ton of sense.  hopefully to see some new things after the break.  that said buldup in first half actually was pretty solid but Barlow and Burke were just something else.  I'd rather continue to work with Manoel to not hit the crossbar than play Barlow and Burke at the same time.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

Sorry dont get this from Nealis
Ask higgenbottom said on the call Reyes need to play ball and run into space on 2nd yellow not play the man
And he had help back

Also no issue with pk call

Just poor choices by coach , players and injuries still not hrlping

Daniel Rebain 🇺🇲🇵🇱
@pvtmcbain
·
Follow
Red Bull captain Sean Nealis vented his frustration about Victor Rivas' refereeing performance tonight as RBNY was once again on the wrong side of poor officiating.

"I don't know if Victor is the one that has the most backbone in making these calls." 👀😬

I think he was getting at that Orlando were a bunch of whiny diving little bitches all game and Rivas was buying into it. That said, I think both penalty and second yellow were a little soft but both were absolutely defensible. Unlike a host of other calls that have gone against us this season

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
Rivas is an awful ref, but yeah, not a ton to complain about on the game changing calls. The 2nd yellow might be soft, but it wasn't a terrible call.

There were a lot of strange calls and no calls earlier on in the match, however. But that's must a typical match with Rivas in the center...it can usually go any way for either team.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I think he was getting at that Orlando were a bunch of whiny diving little bitches all game and Rivas was buying into it. That said, I think both penalty and second yellow were a little soft but both were absolutely defensible. Unlike a host of other calls that have gone against us this season

An obvious pull in the box is not a soft penalty. Sure, sometimes players still get away with it, but we've had VAR for 5 years now, time to adapt.

The Reyes play you can argue is borderline but again you have to adapt to the situation. Making a borderline decision on a yellow is risky at best, and that's being charitable. It was a high risk/low reward tackle, especially at the beginning of the 2nd half, which probably cost us any chance of points from the game.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

An obvious pull in the box is not a soft penalty. Sure, sometimes players still get away with it, but we've had VAR for 5 years now, time to adapt.

The Reyes play you can argue is borderline but again you have to adapt to the situation. Making a borderline decision on a yellow is risky at best, and that's being charitable. It was a high risk/low reward tackle, especially at the beginning of the 2nd half, which probably cost us any chance of points from the game.

You're right about adjusting to VAR already but I think it's worse that it literally happened on Wednesday and was called too. They should have even been more aware about it after that.

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

This level of play is so poor. I've said it before. We're USL level team right now. I watch guys literally just kick the ball with no purpose or direction and hope it goes to a teammate or open space. Seriously, where are these guys kicking the ball? Very poor skill right now. Not keeping it tight to the feet, first touch is shit, passing accuracy is shit, guys can't get ball to their feet and take a shot. Nothing is going right. I'm not sure Troy will be able to fix this with just lineup changes. The players we have are just not good. Hate to be Captain Obvious but IMO, we are a bottom table team this year.

jjtbone

jjtbone

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Supports:RBNY Player Hatah!

Yikes, this was a true punch in the nuts.  Glad I missed this game.  

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

Did anyone who is a Metro fan think watching our style of play is more enjoyable than Orlando's?  Because I can't enjoy our system of  chaos creation and then relying on luck on the counter.  With the exception of JaMi, and now Luquinhas as he is being used differently, there is no creativity, poor first touches, and a lot of slowness in mounting any kind of offense.  Whether Metro wins or not, it is just about the farthest thing from "the beautiful game".  And I know more and more teams are joining the chaos technique but most of them still have players capable of a skilled strike on goal or a beautifully weighted pass.  Metro does not -
"

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Did anyone who is a Metro fan think watching our style of play is more enjoyable than Orlando's?  ...-
"

I have no problem with the style, it's the execution.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users