19 replies to this topic

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

11K sold so far.  That's already a RBA record, with 6 months to go before the season. The franchise record is 18K, from 1996.

Renewal rate is 85%.

These are impressive numbers for a team that hasn't been a "hot" ticket since the late 1990s.

http://www.empireofs...-tickets-41103/

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

11K sold so far.  That's already a RBA record, with 6 months to go before the season. The franchise record is 18K, from 1996.

Renewal rate is 85%.

These are impressive numbers for a team that hasn't been a "hot" ticket since the late 1990s.

http://www.empireofs...-tickets-41103/

Such a disconnect from butts in seats.  Few fans, but passionate ones.  

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

It is what it is. RBA won't be like Seattle or Portland any time soon but oh well - a small step in the right direction I guess.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
My friend and I had talked about getting season tickets for awhile and we finally shelled out for 2016. I think overall the club is going in the right direction with its roster and playing style

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,266 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
The front office continues to say 101 is sold out if you want season tickets there but there are tons of seats empty every game there. Does ESC own a ton or what?

dieterhansi

dieterhansi

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

I am a first year STH, though I've been coming to games regularly since RBA opened.  Renewing for me was an ez decison (Actually upgraded).   

The fact that the effective cost of the season tix is so much lower than the face makes it easier.   I can't see getting to every game, but the value proposition is pretty good. 

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

Sadly validates their decision to do zero marketing and ride the coat tails of growing league interest.

If only they marketed the team. They are fun to watch and they win. They should have >18k seasons and 3-7k walk up.

#DeadHorse 

hoofit

hoofit

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

That swanky red "member jacket" (sounds like a condom) appears to be a winner.

Excellence Not Expectations

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

I didn't renew after the 2013 season, and I haven't looked back since...

But to each their own, I guess.

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Sadly validates their decision to do zero marketing and ride the coat tails of growing league interest.

If only they marketed the team. They are fun to watch and they win. They should have >18k seasons and 3-7k walk up.

#DeadHorse 

No doubt there is potential for crowds of 20K or more routinely, and the team still needs to work to get to that level.

I agree they are to some extent benefitting from the entire league's growth and higher profile.   I think they've been helped by NYCFC, which has created more publicity for MLS in the NY area in the last year than RBNY has done in the last 10 years.  But I also think that the team they've put on the field this year has helped with season ticket sales for next year.

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham

I renewed. I also moved out of the city. I'm kind of an idiot?  :pint:

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

I sell my tickets easily when I do not go - it's a no brainer to be a STH. Free jacket, playoffs, international game, USOC, CCL...

Metro Red

Metro Red

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Liverpool
Agree it's a no brainer, especially for the money I make back on the midseason friendlies. I think the general increase in interest in soccer in general and in MLS is helping the numbers grow and will continue to do so. When we can get 20k in the seats every night RBA will be pretty imposing.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I shudder to think of tonight's turnstile count ... first place time vs. Montreal with Drogba.

Midweek, but perfect weather.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MetroFever

MetroFever

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I had coworkers whose family used to have NY Giants season tickets going back to the Yale Bowl and had to give them up once their seats were $15,000 EACH because of the PSL's. In comparison to MLS, what a bargain!

I have to admit, they've done a great job with the "game day experience" since moving to RBA. Their staff is friendly, their game day experience for families before the match is well organized and you're going to be surrounded by passionate soccer fans in most sections and every seat has a great view. And yes, having a team that plays well at home doesn't hurt!

How many of you have also brought a friend to a home game to sell them on MLS in previous years only for them to play a stinker? Almost every game this season (home and road) has been enjoyable to watch and the level of play has been very good. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users