tone-loc

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Supports:galaxy, dodgers, ucsb

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

LARS,

Is anyone participating in Movember this year? Is there a LARS specific team? I am the captain of a small group of friends, and would be happy to have some additional members.

Here is my story of why I do Movember:
I lost my mother to cancer in 2008 at the all too young age of 54. I am proud to participate in many programs throughout the year to raise awareness for this disease. Many have helped me spread awareness and raise funds for cancer. While most of my efforts are revolved around breast and bone cancer because of my mother, I do believe that the health of men is often ignored.

I am very thankful for all of the support, and will be participating in Movember once again this year to raise awareness and funds for men’s health. Each year during the month of November, Movember is responsible for the sprouting of moustaches on hundreds of thousands of men’s faces around the world. Men grow and women support the moustache for 30 days to raise vital funds and awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate and testicular cancer initiatives. Globally, Movember is now recognized as the largest advocate and fund raiser for research and support programs for men’s health issues.

I personally love the moustache, but it does serve as a strong symbol for Movember. It is our cancer ribbon, displayed proudly on our face. It is a conversation starter and education device. Below is a link to my personal page, which I invite you to view. Please feel no pressure to donate – the purpose of this is education. Men think of themselves as strong and not needing a doctor. This is a time to remember that everyone is vulnerable and we should take care of ourselves. For those so inclined, I’d love additional team members and participants. The process is simple – you start clean shaven on November 1 and grow the moustache for 30 days.

Tony's Movember Page

#2 Ed The Zombie

Ed The Zombie

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts
  • Supports:G's, Club America, WFC, USA

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

The best I can do is this...

Posted Image
Fuimos. Bebimos. Chingamos.

#3 BassplayersFC

BassplayersFC

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,514 posts
  • Supports:B&GFC

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

Whiskey made me shave my beard last Friday. Left the stache though. Didn't do it for Movember but I do plan on keeping it for a while. The whole month if possible.

#4 tone-loc

tone-loc

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Supports:galaxy, dodgers, ucsb

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

I'd like to happily report that my team raised $1,895 for Movember, plus an additional $5,000 at a charity event. There were quite a few anonymous donations, so if any of you helped, thank you.

Tony's Movember Page

#5 loki

loki

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

I'd like to happily report that my team raised $1,895 for Movember, plus an additional $5,000 at a charity event. There were quite a few anonymous donations, so if any of you helped, thank you.

Tony's Movember Page

Sweet! Our team was able to raise close to $3500 Team Luststash

Did you go to the gala in Hollywood? Freaking awesome!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users