#16 S.Bones

S.Bones

Dir. of Football Operations

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:40 AM

Nike pulled the release of his shoe to be released in august. Even if this doesnt go through, which it will, he's gunna lose a shit ton of endorsements.

Realize Kobe is still in the shitter when it comes to endorsements. Vick knows he's f'd.

Yeah, those new shoes were going to feature pit bull fur on the Nike swoosh. Kind of a tough sale now.

#17 El_Dude

El_Dude

Steve Sampson Groupie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Pizza and Boyzzzz! And Galaxy! And BEER!
  • Supports:no one...they support me!

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:57 AM

i don't get it...

they're just dogs. it's not like they are people!

hey if he was doing cats too, there are a few in my neighborhood he can put into a superbowl halftime show
STEVE SAMPSON; STILL THE GREATEST COACH OF THE LA GALAXY. EVER. PERIOD. EXCLAMATION POINT. NUF SAID. JAJAJA!

#18 gala_usa

gala_usa

Noob fo' lyfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles, USA, Bud Light

Posted 28 July 2007 - 01:19 AM

i don't get it...
they're just dogs. it's not like they are people!
hey if he was doing cats too, there are a few in my neighborhood he can put into a superbowl halftime show

THANK YOU!!!!
Lakers (16x Champs) Dodgers (6x Champs) Galaxy (4x Champs) Broncos (2x Champs) LA Kings (2012 Stanley Cup Champs)
USMNT (One day, one day...)
Budlight (Weekend Champ)

It doesn't matter how simplistic you make your point, there will be someone who misunderstands you.

#19 nemocystem

nemocystem

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Arsenal, LAKERS, 'Skins

Posted 28 July 2007 - 06:18 PM

this is where you'll find I'm extreme when it comes to this kind of stuff. call it faith, call it logic, call it reason...but first, it is not my job to judge others (i'll leave it at that).

second, while i believe most of our system is broken (including the judicial system), i firmly believe in the IDEALS within our system as set forth by our fore fathers. the most important one as it pertains to this case is DUE PROCESS.

if - Michael Vick is proven, not only in my eyes...but in the eyes of our federal grand jury, to have MASTERMINDED, CONDUCTED &/OR PARTICIPATED in any of the aforementioned heinous cimes, then by all means...i hope he gets what he deserves.

however, i believe it is not only premature, but illogical & un-necessarily compromising of one's sanity to try the case in their heads at this time.

let me play devil's advocate for a minute. let's take the facts we know FOR SURE TO BE TRUE at this moment:

1) he owns the property of which these terrible acts took place
2) he's related to individuals named as witnesses & defendants on the indictment
3) we know these terrible acts took place & they are too many & too graphic to really mention

that's really the only FACTS we KNOW to be true at this moment.

now, you'll have to excuse me as i'm more of a sophist & so by nature i am rather skeptical of secondhand information, so here' where i have questions.

i have seen too many situations where, not only an athelete (see Ray Lewis), but also celebrities in general have been indicted under the principle of their involvement of the crime, or their association with the individual/s connected to said crime, simply as a tactic to pressure said celebrity into "spilling the beans". they rely on smear tactics & the threat of prison time to "scare" the celebrity into cooperating with the authorities. this was most commonly & famously used during the prohibition era & during the age of the decline of the mafioso.

now...i'm not saying that this is what they are doing. i'm just saying that it is something that many should consider this before passing judgement in this particular situation. i mean, sure there are witnesses who (as is being reported on the indictment...keep in mind you see what THEY want you to see) place Michael at the scene...& i'm not an imbecile...he obviously knew what was going on. however, the burden of proof is to say that (dare i say it) without a shadow of a doubt, Michael Vick MASTERMINDED, CONDUCTED &/OR PARTICIPATED in any of the heinous acts. otherwise...to me, he's just somebody who was allowing waaaay too much to go on at a property which he owned with relatives & friends of his, & he should have done more to stop &/or prevent this from happening.

if the latter is the case, then all he is guilty of is negligence & (a much smaller count) of participating in illegal dogfighting (by proxy of course by not preventing them from occurring) & should have the CORRECT amount of punishment placed upon him.

either way...he needs to check his head...the question is to which degree.

i mean, look at it this way...if you believe violence is a way of obtaining balance, or sanity, or retribution...& you go to a bar with a friend (who's underage mind you) & proceed to watch him & three other buddies pummel the bejesus out of some poor soul until death...but you are just a bystander, by law you are negligeable & held just as legally responsible for the death of the victim as the ones who carried out the act themselves.

under these circumstances Vick would not be absolved of any wrong-doing, in fact...in the court of public opinion he would still be just as hated as he already is. my question to you is this...are you really that bitter to want to end somebody's career & chance to continue to help his community (contrarty to these preceedings he is a model citizen & spends exhorbitant amount of money & time on his community & family) because he knew about & may have watched a couple of dog fights?

just as likely & probable as it is that he was the Cappo di Tutti Capo in this case, isn't it just as likely that he was just waaaaaay too busy to know the ENTIRE situation beyond the simple fights that went on at the estate?

i'm on the fence myself. i have waaaaay too many questions that need unquestionable answers....that's just how i am. i find it a pitiful & angry society that rushes to judge the alleged sins of another before understanding the entire situation as it lies.

& really, isn't that a paradox in & of itself...to understand the situation of another outside of oneself, under circumstance alien to your own being. i think that's why it was written:

judge not lest ye be judged.

#20 We Need Ngwenya

We Need Ngwenya

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy, LARS, US Nats

Posted 28 July 2007 - 06:59 PM

Blah blah blah

I think the disconect is between the people who care about dogs and those who don't give a fuck about em. The fact of the matter is that Vick is an asshole.

EDIT* He should go to jail. Sorry all you little kids who look up to him.
"I love Chris Klein...he's going to Heaven" - ZC

#21 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy Arsenal

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:41 AM

What about all those poor women in America who are abused everyday? I mean dogfighting is wrong, but human beings are more important. The supreme court is wasting my tax money trying to take down athletes like Vick and Bonds and others. Stop abusive and alcoholic husbands from hitting their wives and giving children the wrong impression.

Theresa is more important than Toto.

#22 stopper

stopper

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts
  • Interests:Besides soccer? Golf, Asian girls, grilling, swilling good beer, petite syrah
  • Supports:Galaxy, USA. Xolos

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:21 AM

I don't think the Supreme Court is involved in this.

#23 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:54 AM

I don't think the Supreme Court is involved in this.

I'll betcha Scalia wouldn't mind watching the puppies tussle. He's evil like that.

But a bit more on point, I read earlier today that a sports guy from CNN tried to say that this was worse than what Kobe was accused of. Umm....

#24 We Need Ngwenya

We Need Ngwenya

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:06 AM

Those aren't comparable. Stop trying so hard mr. sports reporter.

#25 ucsdguy

ucsdguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Tottenham hotspur

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:07 PM

merely a formality, but

Vick's co-defendant pleads guilty and says Vick financed the whole thing

#26 DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, US, Newcastle, England

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:30 PM

merely a formality, but

Vick's co-defendant pleads guilty and says Vick financed the whole thing

Well - that definitely proves that his co-defendant struck a deal with the DA to get a lighter sentence.

It proves absolutely nothing about whether Vick is innocent or guilty and now, you really have to take the co-defendant's testimony with a large grain of salt.

This is a very detestable crime, but so was the Duke Lacrosse Rape Case. I'll wait until all of the facts are in.

#27 We Need Ngwenya

We Need Ngwenya

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:36 PM

This is a very detestable crime, but so was the Duke Lacrosse Rape Case. I'll wait until all of the facts are in.

Dude, I LOVE Duke Lacrosse!!! :D

#28 ucsdguy

ucsdguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Tottenham hotspur

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:05 AM

Well - that definitely proves that his co-defendant struck a deal with the DA to get a lighter sentence.

It proves absolutely nothing about whether Vick is innocent or guilty and now, you really have to take the co-defendant's testimony with a large grain of salt.

absolutely. the co-defendant's credibility will surely be torn to shreds by vick's lawyers. the only way the prosecution could prove he financed it would be if they have credit card receipts, checks, etc. No one knows what they have, until it goes to trial

#29 prrnrngr

prrnrngr

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts
  • Interests:The LA galaxy, The Sox, The DC5
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Boston Red Sox

Posted 31 July 2007 - 07:33 PM

i dont know the exact conviction rates but if a federal grand jury thinks there is a case, good luck getting off. he is clearly fucked. grand juries are in our legal system to check out facts before governments waste taxpayers' money. they look at all the evidence and if they think the DA wont waste the court's time and money, they will proceed by recommending an indictment. this "indictment" really means that looking at all the evidence, the defendant has a really good chance of getting it in the ass.

if all this animal cruelty stuff is true, Mr. Vick will clearly see some jail time. i hope he does.

i hope he gets shanked. i hate pointy ball anyways so it wont bother me at all and how the hell could someone do that a dog or any other animal. hunting is bad enough in my opinion but generally you take them out with one shot. this was despicable and he should be butt raped 1000x's by his cell mate if he is guilty for the political correctness.

#30 nemocystem

nemocystem

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Arsenal, LAKERS, 'Skins

Posted 01 August 2007 - 12:47 PM

as i said before...i hope he gets what is right & just should he be proven guilty. however, i will withold personal judgement until the facts are more clear on the subject.

for the record...i have no personal attachment to the man himself or the player besides the bewilderment at such people who have all anybody could ask for in the world & squander it over petty ego or greed by ridiculous involvement in law-breaking endeavours.

seriously, it boggles the mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users