Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Really, attitude problems? 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Really, attitude problems? 

Yeah I hadnt heard this I dont think. What sort of attitude? Wants to play is an ok issue.

jp917

jp917

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Yeah I hadnt heard this I dont think. What sort of attitude? Wants to play is an ok issue.

"Attitude problems" means he didn't track back against Inter Miami and caused a goal in that one game

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
Yeah I have not heard anything about egbo having an attitude problem and by all accounts he is super well liked in the locker room

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

Isn't Egbo also a right back? According to Transfermarkt he's played 329 minutes in his career at LB and 5,798 at RB. We're really unbalanced right now unless one of the three is transferred out or switched to a position they haven't shown a ton of success at.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Egbo played as a CB in a back 3 last season vs. Orlando iirc, believe Pendant also played some CB in France for Sochaux.

Either way, if they bring in another LB one of the 2 should be playing somewhere else

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

there's a reason Egbo isn't there already - apparent attitude problems

Source

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Egbo played as a CB in a back 3 last season vs. Orlando iirc, believe Pendant also played some CB in France for Sochaux.

Either way, if they bring in another LB one of the 2 should be playing somewhere else

Regarding Pendant or Egbo being odd man out, I don't know. If Tolkin needs another year to be "starter quality" level (which seems to be the opinion of others), then I think you would want to keep Pendant AND bring in another LB. Similarly, if Egbo can play CB and Struber may play 3 CBs frequently, then he may be useful there as depth and competition piece. If Reyes gets up to speed quickly, you gotta think Long is gone in the summer. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
IMO Pendant was very not good. Maybe people see something I dont. Hopefully. Really very a lot mucho hopefully.

Cause if you cant count on either Pendant or Tolkin and if outside back is supposedly soooooo important in our system then WHY THE FUCK ARE WE SITTING ON OUR HANDS?

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Source

Not a good one.  Friend of a friend.   But it did click with me at the time how odd it was that his playing time was being parsed out as it was, even after Hamlett got canned.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Cause if you cant count on either Pendant or Tolkin and if outside back is supposedly soooooo important in our system then WHY THE FUCK ARE WE SITTING ON OUR HANDS?

If we get to March 15th without a LB pick up, ok. I think we get another guy with a resume like Pendant's or something similar. Would be awesome if it was a domestic player, but not sure one exists (Gloster?). 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

IMO Pendant was very not good. Maybe people see something I dont. Hopefully. Really very a lot mucho hopefully.

i think similar to right back they will make a move now if something pops up for a player they know very well but i get the sense they are good waiting to address some positions in the summer.  Though the delayed start of the transfer window makes it hard to know exactly.  The delayed window makes it possible to let some guys finish their current season and still come over before July.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

If we get to March 15th without a LB pick up, ok. I think we get another guy with a resume like Pendant's or something similar. Would be awesome if it was a domestic player, but not sure one exists (Gloster?). 

The team should try to get Gloster and Olosunde

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

The team should try to get Gloster and Olosunde

Gloster yes, but why would Olosunde come here? He is getting plenty of PT in the Championship

jp917

jp917

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Gloster yes, but why would Olosunde come here? He is getting plenty of PT in the Championship

You mean Chris Ill go to MLS near the end of my career Gloster?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users