#91 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:34 PM

After watching the full Tour, I don't think Contadore does anything to encourage loyalty among teammates. I will admit he is good, but I am starting to believe he is like T.O., only out there for himself, and always willing to throw his teammates under the bus.

I'm still waiting for people to be disqualified for doping.

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Twitter: BigTony_42

#92 -stagnant-

-stagnant-

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts
  • Supports:The guy from Illinois

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:28 PM

Just as I said...

"It's far too early to report on the testing because we haven't received all the test results yet," said Pierre Bordry, head of the French anti-doping agency. Bordry has expressed concerns that a secret wonder drug could simply be under the radar, in what has become a perennial cat-and-mouse game between cheaters and anti-doping testers.

'There's sublime pleasure in displeasure'

#93 bardgal

bardgal

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 03:38 PM

Contador makes an even bigger douche of himself.

I guess he wants to be TEAM CONTADOR next year - maybe he hasn't heard: You must have a full team of 9 to be in the tour.
Zidane, veuillez venir le jeu pour la Galaxy!

Ná glac pioc comhairle gan comhairle ban.

I'll trying being nicer, if you try being smarter.

#94 -stagnant-

-stagnant-

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:05 PM

Contador makes an even bigger douche of himself.

I guess he wants to be TEAM CONTADOR next year - maybe he hasn't heard: You must have a full team of 9 to be in the tour.

See, this I like! Two douches going at it! The battle of ego's...if they're both there next year it should make for a great tour. Armstrong doesn't like being upstaged by the cocky kid and the kid doesn't like the old man...what more could you want?

#95 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:36 PM

I don't know. Contador doesn't seem to be much of a team player. Now burning bridges after the fact is not the best move. This kind of thing could cause important team personnel to choose to go to a different ride.

#96 bardgal

bardgal

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:53 PM

I don't know. Contador doesn't seem to be much of a team player. Now burning bridges after the fact is not the best move. This kind of thing could cause important team personnel to choose to go to a different ride.

I agree.... and he's still under contract with Astana at least until Sept.

#97 bardgal

bardgal

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:56 PM

See, this I like! Two douches going at it! The battle of ego's...if they're both there next year it should make for a great tour. Armstrong doesn't like being upstaged by the cocky kid and the kid doesn't like the old man...what more could you want?

Stop being such a Lance hater babe.... that's so 2007. Even Prudhomme has come around.

#98 -stagnant-

-stagnant-

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:36 PM

Stop being such a Lance hater babe.... that's so 2007. Even Prudhomme has come around.

I liked Lance a lot until he decided to come back...actually it was until he ditched Sheryl Crow and started making out with one of the Olsen twins. WTF? That's when he started to fall out of favor with me, but that's just me. If you read 'It's Not about The Bike' now, you see how much shit he's full of. See, it's like people who are super drunk and they are puking their guts out while making promises to God that they'll never drink again, but a few weeks later they're hitting the bottle.

That being said, I would like to see him and Contador battle it out next year...in another edition of As The World Turns.

#99 franknstein

franknstein

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:55 AM

Posted Image

Zabriskie's wheel rules!
Cuz, man, have you seen the women in Liverpool? Sea scags, man.- Calexico

#100 Cavey_QPR

Cavey_QPR

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Supports:QPR

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:15 AM

That being said, I would like to see him and Contador battle it out next year...in another edition of As The World Turns.

2010 is all about Wiggins and Cavendish. Lance can battle it out with Contador for the Psychedelic Jersey for the rider with most drugs in their system.

#101 -stagnant-

-stagnant-

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:57 AM

2010 is all about Wiggins and Cavendish. Lance can battle it out with Contador for the Psychedelic Jersey for the rider with most drugs in their system.

Umm...right. Wiggins isn't going to win anything but a stage maybe. Cavendish is a sprinter so he'll win stages. None of those guys are GC contenders.

Speaking of doping, Mark Cavendish...never mind.

Try again England.

#102 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,116 posts
  • Interests:THE 5 STAGES OF LARS MEMBERSHIP
    1) LARS Worship
    2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    ::: Greenwood FC :::
    --------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:04 PM

Lance Armstrong inspires thousands to 'come in 3rd against Cancer'
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#103 Cavey_QPR

Cavey_QPR

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Supports:QPR

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:52 AM

Seriously, I think Contador will take some beating in the next 3/4 years. Depends where he ends up, but even with a weak team round him he's shown he's the best climber and the best TT rider in the world.

RadioShack should be interesting though.

You're probably right about Wiggins, especially if he goes to the all British 'Sky' Team. We rule the world in the Velodrome, but don't have the strength in depth on the road. Which is why Cav will join RadioShack.

#104 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:09 PM

Seriously, I think Contador will take some beating in the next 3/4 years. Depends where he ends up, but even with a weak team round him he's shown he's the best climber and the best TT rider in the world.

RadioShack should be interesting though.

You're probably right about Wiggins, especially if he goes to the all British 'Sky' Team. We rule the world in the Velodrome, but don't have the strength in depth on the road. Which is why Cav will join RadioShack.

Nah. Cavendish will want to win by himself. RadioShack will be put together to get Lance the win, just like US Postal, Discovery Channel, etc. RadioShack's job next year will be to get the win for Lance. Don't expect any top GC rider to join his team, only support members (e.g., people to pace him on the climb).

#105 franknstein

franknstein

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:50 PM

Contador turns down offer to stay at Astana.

Alberto Contador doesn’t want to stay at Astana even if Lance Armstrong won’t be around next season.

According to a report in Thursday’s L’Equipe, the two-time Tour de France winner has turned down a multi-million-euro contract extension and is trying to break his remaining year that he has with the Kazakh-backed team.

“Alberto has experienced a season that was psychologically very difficult and now we have to watch out for his future and his tranquility,” said Fran, Contador’s brother and manager, in the French sports daily. “We have nothing against the Kazakhs, but now we have to think about Alberto. Things are too complicated that we can carry on like this. We have to look for a solution with the year’s contract remaining with Alberto.”

Contador turned down a four-year offer worth 4 million Euros per season that would have included his remaining year under his current contract and three more seasons through 2013.

Despite the departure of Armstrong and team boss Johan Bruyneel, who are leaving Astana to form a new team sponsored by RadioShack, Contador wants to turn the page on his turbulent two-year run with Astana.

The imminent return of Alexander Vinokourov from a two-year suspension for blood doping during the 2007 Tour is prompting Contador to look for other options as he considers his future.

According to the Spanish wire service EFE, Contador is looking for a way out of his remaining year with the Kazakh-backed outfit so he can join a new team for 2010.

They reported that sources say Contador has offers from Caisse d’Epargne and Garmin-Slipstream.

Cuz, man, have you seen the women in Liverpool? Sea scags, man.- Calexico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users