38 replies to this topic

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Alright how many games should I wait before showing enthusiasm about a guy who just killed his debut? 

You can be excited, but people are talking about how we wont miss Murillo when we sell him based on 1 game from a 20 year old.

I think thats what MF is alluding to.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

You can be excited, but people are talking about how we wont miss Murillo when we sell him based on 1 game from a 20 year old.

I think thats what MF is alluding to.

I mean this wasn't a Duncan to USMNT hype train, this was a "Duncan as a reliable backup if he plays like that consistently" hype...bus? That's not exactly a rippin' hot take.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Has it gotten to a point where people think Murillo is going to be impossible to replace?  I like the guy offensively but damn.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
Duncan was very poor offensively against RSL. Turned the ball over needlessly a number of times and killed whatever momentum we had.

A solid game on defense though. Kid just needs more playing time. Doesnt make Murillo expendable, but would make any potential move hurt less knowing we have another decent option.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

From what I saw Saturday at RBNY II, I think De Vera could pressure Lade more than people thing. Wish he was 5" taller haha. He put in about 6 beautiful crosses.

Don't give up on Duncan over one mediocre game, just like we shouldn't over hyper after one good game either.

We have a young squad and they all have a lot of learning to do. I care less about perfect games now and more that we develop deeper experience and cohesion for the 2nd half of this year and into 2019. These extra fixtures are putting added pressure on us early in the season before we are really solidified, but it will pay in spades later on. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Yeah, I admit that I was pretty harsh watching the reserves, only remembering later that for a bunch of guys, this was their first ever professional game.

After May, ALL BETS ARE OFF!!! lol 

I'd like to see Duncan develop, and I think he has plenty to offer and will improve under the correct guidance. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona
Another rock solid game at home, I really think the kid shows some next-level skills on both sides of the ball. That slide tackle towards the end of the game was one of the plays of the game.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Another rock solid game at home, I really think the kid shows some next-level skills on both sides of the ball. That slide tackle towards the end of the game was one of the plays of the game.

Athleticism and speed are so next level which had me most excited.  Easily quicker, more athletic, and explosive than Murillo.  Throw in the fact that Duncan has some natural defensive instincts and he's a very good player to have.

To be honest, he's gotta be thrilled with how many minutes he's gotten. Just worked out that way and he couldn't have expected it.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts

Athleticism and speed are so next level which had me most excited.  Easily quicker, more athletic, and explosive than Murillo.  Throw in the fact that Duncan has some natural defensive instincts and he's a very good player to have.

To be honest, he's gotta be thrilled with how many minutes he's gotten. Just worked out that way and he couldn't have expected it.

He's the surprise of the season thus far. 

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users