188 replies to this topic

AHighBlackman

AHighBlackman

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  • Supports: Metro! - USMNT -
3pts,Thierry Henry, Thierry Henry, good times with southward, rbny finished strong.
  •    Starting 11
  • ------ BWP ---------
  •   ------ SK ---------
  • - Grella ------ L.Sam ---
  • ----- Felipe - Dax ---------
  • Kemar -------------  Duvall
  •      Damien - M&M

Blood Diamond

4 - 3 - 3

4 - 2 - 3 - 1

@RaceCardUser

Instagram: blackmanjustin

Foz

Foz

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Supports:RBNY & USMNT
On a different note, what was going on between GSS and ESC?? On numerous occasions there were two different songs going on at the same time, and even when they were singing the same ones they were totally uncoordinated. I was on the edge of 101 near 133 and it was clear to me that the South Ward was all over the place.

Thierry Henry, on secret to team's success: “Win games. And score more goals than the opponent.”

------------------------------

єяι¢ αℓєχαη∂єя = g.σ.α.т.

------------------------------

NJEuroMutt

NJEuroMutt

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls,Nottingham My Kids

Another win on a rainy day!! Are we undefeated at home when it rains the last two seasons?????
If we keep this up, Seattle fans may accuse us of stealing that from them too :)+

+1
:lol:
Beckham? His wife can't sing and his barber can't cut hair.
Brian Clough

You're Going To Reap Just What You Sow,
You're Going To Reap Just What You Sow...

MetroFever

MetroFever

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
What happened to Justin Mapp's hair? Either he wore a toupee last year or he did the Richie Cunningham comb-over.

FC Dallas and RSL away

Rapids and Impact at home

Rapids had two of their best players out in that game, resulting in the two early goals and Montreal is an expansion team that is going to need a lot of time to gel. These were typical March/April MLS games. Not to take away from the good things we've seen in these matches, but let's see if they're going to combine for 9 goals in consecutive games once teams start playing seriously in a month or two.

tat106

tat106

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • Supports:MetroReds, USMNT

Rapids had two of their best players out in that game, resulting in the two early goals and Montreal is an expansion team that is going to need a lot of time to gel. These were typical March/April MLS games. Not to take away from the good things we've seen in these matches, but let's see if they're going to combine for 9 goals in consecutive games once teams start playing seriously in a month or two.

To be fair, these are the games that we should have won last season but didn't because we underachieved. All those ties and losses that should've been wins last season, kept us from being an elite MLS side.

We need wins like this to at least win the east.

"It's not genius, it's practice." - Thierry Henry

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund
  • Supports:MetroStars
Henry was offside for his third goal, not that I mind.

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts
A fw observations:

I've suggested that the best arrangement for Rafa and Teemu is to have them operate in tag team fashion and yesterday's game justified that. Between injuries, card accumulation and the fact that they both have the occaisional poor outing, it is best to have one in reserve ready to replace the other rather than both being on the field at the same time. That will be especially valid if/when we get DP3. Having both is an advantage we should exploit. They'll both play better when they are not expected to play every minute of every game.

Will Roy Miller ever score? For a supposed attacking back, he has only 6 assists in 66 games versus Solli with 8 asists in 37 games. If he was a crackerjack defender I wouldn't mind so much.

The interesting thing about Henry this year is the level of confidence he is now playing with. He truly seems on another level now and seems to accept and be more amused than irritated with the erattic decsion making of his teamates and the erratic officiating of the referees.

Hate to say it, but Joel is just not his old self yet. Hope he'll show up soon.

I'm glad Meara is making some of his rokie mistakes while we have the firepower to score a lot. He's getting a quick education and will be the better for it.

I hope Hans will read the riot act to his team BEFORE the start of the next game so he doesn't have to do it at halftime. Boy they stunk in the first half.

Memo to Solli: If a player is abusing you and is faster, make an adjustment and play him tighter so he can't turn. You have to close down that space earlier. Mapp should never have been given that much freedom.

Jeremy Thunder

Jeremy Thunder

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Henry was offside for his third goal, not that I mind.

i didn't think so, but even if it was, doesn't it rule out offside if the ball comes off a defender?
  __    __   ______Spirit_of_96 __ __     _____    
 /_/\  /\_\ /\_____\/\_______)\/_/\__/\  ) ___ (   
 ) ) \/ ( (( (_____/\(___  __\/) ) ) ) )/ /\_/\ \  
/_/ \  / \_\\ \__\    / / /   /_/ /_/_// /_/ (_\ \ 
\ \ \\// / // /__/_  ( ( (    \ \ \ \ \\ \ )_/ / / 
 )_) )( (_(( (_____\  \ \ \    )_) ) \ \\ \/_\/ /  
 \_\/  \/_/ \/_____/  /_/_/    \_\/ \_\/ )_____(   
                   Red Bull Out                                 

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

i didn't think so, but even if it was, doesn't it rule out offside if the ball comes off a defender?

Off the rebound from the gk you can be called offside if you were in an offside position when the shot was taken.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users