544 replies to this topic

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Sounds like they just want to make him jump through a shit ton of hoops to make it clear to Luke that they mean business and don't appreciate people not following the rules strictly.

I suspect Luke will be back with the team within a couple weeks, prob by the home opener.

Maybe needs further documentation from the courts or something of that nature. But you're right, I doubt the Red Bulls would spin this as a positive if they didn't believe Rodgers would ultimately be back.

I'd say sometime in April.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts
  • Supports:Metro

But the Red Bulls came out of the meeting encouraged, with a source close to the striker saying “It’s a good step. He’s a lot closer to getting his visa than he was yesterday.’’

http://www.nypost.co...nO30IdCaERjMTjN
MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

NJEuroMutt

NJEuroMutt

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls,Nottingham My Kids
This is good news i think...Would it have been better if he was already on an airplane here..sure...but ill take what I can get. I have something in the works that includes reopening the petition...It may seem silly to some but believe me things like this are effective with the right amount of support and if the proper ears are reached. Ill keep you all posted plus I might need some help if interested.
Beckham? His wife can't sing and his barber can't cut hair.
Brian Clough

You're Going To Reap Just What You Sow,
You're Going To Reap Just What You Sow...

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

This is good news i think...Would it have been better if he was already on an airplane here..sure...but ill take what I can get. I have something in the works that includes reopening the petition...It may seem silly to some but believe me things like this are effective with the right amount of support and if the proper ears are reached. Ill keep you all posted plus I might need some help if interested.

Ill be in London till March 31 if you want I can go to the embassy and "protest" that he gets his visa.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

http://www.nypost.co...nO30IdCaERjMTjN
"Why has this taken so long, and how did this mess start?

“They think he kept some information to himself that he should’ve given to them,’’ said Soler. “(It occurred) a long time ago. ... It was very minor issue before he came here ...

But Soler said this latest delay was NOT a result of Rodgers’ overstaying his visa, and not a result of an arrest. “Let’s say Oct. 15, 2010 he got a visa, and before arriving here, let’s say like four weeks there was a small matter _ not a police matter, it was not reported, because it wasn’t reported it was not a police matter, it didn’t concern anybody,’’ said Soler. “Nobody thought about it so he didn’t speak about it. “When they do their back-tracking, it’s reported somewhere – not by the police, but somewhere else – and they say “Oh, you should’ve told us this.’ That’s approximately what the matter is. It was nothing criminal just something they think they should have known, and as they weren’t told they are making things more difficult.""

These 2 comments appear contradictory. Did it happen "a long time ago", or did it happen a month before he got his visa? If it's not a police matter, what is it? A red card?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

These 2 comments appear contradictory. Did it happen "a long time ago", or did it happen a month before he got his visa? If it's not a police matter, what is it? A red card?

It depends how you define a "long time ago" Soler said he got a visa on Oct 15th and an incident happened shortly before that. Do you define something that happened in the last 18 months as a long time ago? From that article and other articles I have read something happened just before he came here last year. That something held up the visa last year and now this year.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
I wonder if Rodgers has the fireworks lined up waiting to celebrate when the visa is approved. :P

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Ill be in London till March 31 if you want I can go to the embassy and "protest" that he gets his visa.

Walk into the embassy and announce you are wearing a bomb and will set it off if they don't immediately give Rodgers a visa. After they do, just say "I was only kidding". I'm positive this plan will work well.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Walk into the embassy and announce you are wearing a bomb and will set it off if they don't immediately give Rodgers a visa. After they do, just say "I was only kidding". I'm positive this plan will work well.

+1

This is clearly the most effective and common-sense approach, and one that any true supporter would pursue without hesitation.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

Posted Image

cosmosfan

cosmosfan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
If you're confident, and then you tell the whole world so in a press release, that's not "quietly confident". That's smug.

Who writes this stuff?

REVENGE IS COMING

BLewis1968

BLewis1968

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

I didn't see it as contradictory. We're in March 2012 and _ THEORETICALLY _ if something happened in 2010 shortly before Rodgers arrived in the US, from Soler's point of view that was a long time ago. Not as long ago as the fireworks, clearly. Not even as long ago as his most recent arrestes, because those were before he got approved. But long within the context of him being rejected this winter.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I didn't see it as contradictory. We're in March 2012 and _ THEORETICALLY _ if something happened in 2010 shortly before Rodgers arrived in the US, from Soler's point of view that was a long time ago. Not as long ago as the fireworks, clearly. Not even as long ago as his most recent arrestes, because those were before he got approved. But long within the context of him being rejected this winter.

Thanks for the clarification.

What is odd and a bit troublesome to me is the lack of transparency.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

NJEuroMutt

NJEuroMutt

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls,Nottingham My Kids

Yup..I dont like it. Its all corporate jargon with every word as guarded as the next so who really knows....
Beckham? His wife can't sing and his barber can't cut hair.
Brian Clough

You're Going To Reap Just What You Sow...

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Its a legal matter. You HAVE to choose your words very carefully.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users