793 replies to this topic

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal
Hell be better this season. That doesnt mean hell be good enough though.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

The Revs currently have Jozy and Agudelo as their 3rd and 4th options at striker while NYRB has Klimala and Barlow as the first and second option. Let that sink in. 

The Revs signed a 20yr old on loan from Vasco de Gama who had 21 goals there. That's the kind of signing that would be ideal for our second forward in this sad, sad state of roster building we have accepted.

Oh, by the way, this kid was signed to the Revs reserve team, not even the first team due to their depth there already.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Supports:Metro

The Revs signed a 20yr old on loan from Vasco de Gama who had 21 goals there. That's the kind of signing that would be ideal for our second forward in this sad, sad state of roster building we have accepted.

Oh, by the way, this kid was signed to the Revs reserve team, not even the first team due to their depth there already.

21 goals for their youth academy team

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Then youth league in brazil is better quality than usl or college.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

RBNY have young backups in Sowe and Ryan, it goes against their usual roster building to bring in an experienced option but that should be the move.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Then youth league in brazil is better quality than usl or college.

thats why hes going on loan to the third tier of American soccer the kid doesnt even have a transfermarkt profile that I can find

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts

RBNY have young backups in Sowe and Ryan, it goes against their usual roster building to bring in an experienced option but that should be the move.

my argument is that we need an insurance option of klimala goes down. To rely on unproven kids who did not light up the usl and a forward who cant shoot is a recipe for disaster.

The vet forward is only a band aid until the kids are ready. You can still play and test out the kids in sub appearances to see if they are MLS ready. Worst case scenario, the vet challenges the kids to be better players

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

So you will defend all the terrible Red Bull decisions over the past few years but shit on this move by the Revs? Thats really bizarre.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts

thats why hes going on loan to the third tier of American soccer the kid doesnt even have a transfermarkt profile that I can find

He is going to the third tier because arena is going to play his vets. He has Bou, Buksa, Altidore and Agudelo ahead of him.

Once Buksa gets sold during the summer, he might get a look.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

He is going to the third tier because arena is going to play his vets. He has Bou, Buksa, Altidore and Agudelo ahead of him.

Once Buksa gets sold during the summer, he might get a look.

that doesnt really explain anything. He clearly is seen as not good enough for the Brazilian first division. Also I did some research and found no way to verify any of the stats presented and knowing how wacky brazil system is wouldnt be shocked if a lot of those goals came against small regional opponents they beat up on. What New England is doing with their first team is not why this kid is going to their second team

Bjorn The Bear

Bjorn The Bear

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Supports:RBNY - Nets - USMNT

3 goals in how many games? pathetic. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

3 goals in how many games? pathetic. 

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts

that doesnt really explain anything. He clearly is seen as not good enough for the Brazilian first division. Also I did some research and found no way to verify any of the stats presented and knowing how wacky brazil system is wouldnt be shocked if a lot of those goals came against small regional opponents they beat up on. What New England is doing with their first team is not why this kid is going to their second team

I understand what you are saying. Their are a lot of gems in the Brazilian sub leagues. We dont know if he wasnt good enough for the Brazilian first division. Look at fabio, he was an average mls player who is now playing for a big team in brazil.

The expectation is that he should have the ability to tear the MLS reserve league. Arena likes his vets and that is why we wont aee him with the first team until one of their forwards gets hurt or until buska gets sold. Looks like arena wants to make a push for the champions league.

I wish we had that ambition. Klimala is okay as our first option. However, we have nothing as our 2nd or 3rd option. I wouldnt mind having this Brazilian kid as our second option.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

I understand what you are saying. Their are a lot of gems in the Brazilian sub leagues. We dont know if he wasnt good enough for the Brazilian first division. Look at fabio, he was an average mls player who is now playing for a big team in brazil.

The expectation is that he should have the ability to tear the MLS reserve league. Arena likes his vets and that is why we wont aee him with the first team until one of their forwards gets hurt or until buska gets sold. Looks like arena wants to make a push for the champions league.

I wish we had that ambition. Klimala is okay as our first option. However, we have nothing as our 2nd or 3rd option. I wouldnt mind having this Brazilian kid as our second option.

if we signed this kid everyone would complain just like they complained about carmona and castellanos

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Team can't score for sh*t but rather than bring any one of the many free agents in, they stick with Tom Barlow to replace Fabio.

I've never seen a less competent sporting organization that has such little regard to building a balanced roster.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users