332 replies to this topic

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

About fucking time! Atlanta sacked DeBoer immediately after the MLS is Back tournament. Same shit should have happened with Armas!

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
We did it, guys

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I wonder why they didnt make the move before the 8/31 season ticket renewal date? I couldnt dont have been the only one that was hesitating because of the coaching situation.

Especially since the decision had to have been made already. They actually looked better, despite the loss, than they did against City or in NE. Maybe something happened behind the scenes?

Alls well that ends well, I guess.

i would think getting an interim coach if they need to quarantine like the players do before they join is more complex now if you want an external option.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Feel bad about anyone losing their job, and I thought they would let this screwed up season play out before making this move.  I'm not saying it's not justified, the team was really painful to watch at times.  Anyway, let's keep our fingers crossed that they make a good hire. I think we got spoiled with Marsch, there aren't too many coaches like him around.

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Gotta figure Carnell is the interim.  And fully expect the new hire to be from the outside.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I wonder why they didnt make the move before the 8/31 season ticket renewal date? I couldnt dont have been the only one that was hesitating because of the coaching situation.

Especially since the decision had to have been made already. They actually looked better, despite the loss, than they did against City or in NE. Maybe something happened behind the scenes?

Alls well that ends well, I guess.

The late goal to lose against a big rival was the final nail in the coffin.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

The late goal to lose against a big rival was the final nail in the coffin.

I guess I just wouldnt put that loss on Armas. It was game where we probably have 2-3 if we had a real MLS striker on the roster. And, we lost on a deflected shot from outside the box. Hurts, especially given the opponent and the time of the goal, but not like we got run over.

That said, we did play poor in the second half and maybe it was Armas adjustments or lack of adjustments or being that pushed Thelwell to fire him now. Whatever the reason, great move!

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Ok, so let's hear it. Who would you like as next manager? Gimme names? I know Woly is popular pick right now. Does RB hire within MLS? Europe, S. America? First time head coach? Former MLS player (i.e. Henry)? 

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I would bet new coach is from Europe. Thelwell will want to put his own stamp on the team.

And yet, Hamlett still has a job... He really is the staff cockroach.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

I think we're going to see someone from England. It's in Thelwell's comfort zone and I don't blame him for going there.  Hope it translates better than some other coaches who have come from there.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Lol,

I always state in soccer it's a good barometer of ppl on where they end up and for armas I don't think he will get another mls job anytime soon.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Gotta figure Carnell is the interim.  And fully expect the new hire to be from the outside.

even if its Carnell with Brown also gone they need to pick up at least 1 and preferably two assistants.  But its a good problem to have 

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

even if its Carnell with Brown also gone they need to pick up at least 1 and preferably two assistants.  But its a good problem to have 

Interim coach could also be Woly or even Hamlett, who has head coaching experience in MLS.  

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I think we're going to see someone from England. It's in Thelwell's comfort zone and I don't blame him for going there.  Hope it translates better than some other coaches who have come from there.

Except the last coach he hired was Portuguese.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Except the last coach he hired was Portuguese.

Before we hired...I think Petke, we were strongly linked with this guy: https://en.m.wikiped...iki/Paulo_Sousa

I'd still be on board with that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users