104 replies to this topic

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Only one of the seven media figures on MLS' website has RBNY making the playoffs. That person predicted them to finish 7th.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Only one of the seven media figures on MLS' website has RBNY making the playoffs. That person predicted them to finish 7th.

Why not post the link?
https://www.mlssocce...-york-red-bulls

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I agree our playoff chances look grim, but, outside of Doyle, the MLS guys are garbage.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I agree our playoff chances look grim, but, outside of Doyle, the MLS guys are garbage.

Outside of Doyle?

Appreciate that he's former Metro, doesn't mean his analysis isn't shit.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Doyle? Appreciate that he's former Metro, doesn't mean his analysis isn't shit.

Really? Do you have an example?
I always felt that his MF insights were among the best here. His prediction for this season seems based on reality. I do hope it is incorrect, but I have nothing on which to base a more optimistic opinion.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Outside of Doyle?

Appreciate that he's former Metro, doesn't mean his analysis isn't shit.

Doyle is to the rest of the MLSSoccer brigade as Messi is to Jared Stroud.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Doyle is to the rest of the MLSSoccer brigade as Messi is to Jared Stroud.

this

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Predictions

• Ben Baer: 9th in East
  • Marcelo Balboa (Univision): 8th in East
  • Calen Carr: 7th in East
  • Charlie Davies: 10th in East
  • Matt Doyle: 10th in East
  • Kristian Jack (TSN): 10th in East
  • Frederic Lord (TVA Sports): 8th in East 

I say we shock everyone and come in............ 6th 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Predictions

• Ben Baer: 9th in East
  • Marcelo Balboa (Univision): 8th in East
  • Calen Carr: 7th in East
  • Charlie Davies: 10th in East
  • Matt Doyle: 10th in East
  • Kristian Jack (TSN): 10th in East
  • Frederic Lord (TVA Sports): 8th in East 

I say we shock everyone and come in............ 6th 

Same. We get in, but are on the road for the playoffs. I think we can make noise in the Open Cup. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro
Out of Finishing 13...it will be an accomplishment.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Were very fortunate that MLS has been flooded with expansion sides the past few years. If not, wed be on the wrong end of a putrid season.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we finish 4th in the East. Not basing this on anything but a hunch.

I think ATL and blue team will finish ahead of us. Then maybe Philly. I don't think Miami will be as dominant as ATL and lafc were in their first years.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Really? Do you have an example?
I always felt that his MF insights were among the best here. His prediction for this season seems based on reality. I do hope it is incorrect, but I have nothing on which to base a more optimistic opinion.

I don't doubt his prediction for this season, which seems pretty on par for anyone watching the team.

I doubt his analysis in general.  He was defending Bruce Arena literally until the T&T game, and still deflects any criticism of him onto JK.  He went into last year saying that the different look of Rza/CCJ replacing Tyler Adams could make our midfield even stronger than it was with Adams, which was a terrible take at the time and even worse looking back.

He seems to understand the league better than anybody else employed by them, but that doesn't say much considering everyone else legitimately seems like a very casual follower of MLS.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

And if this is turning into a prediction thread, I think we're 10th or 11th going into the summer.  If RBNY get their shit together and bring in someone who will go into the starting XI, maybe we make the playoffs in 6th or 7th.  If we roll with this lineup all year, we miss the playoffs, and it's not particularly close.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we finish 4th in the East. Not basing this on anything but a hunch.

I think ATL and blue team will finish ahead of us. Then maybe Philly. I don't think Miami will be as dominant as ATL and lafc were in their first years.

Yeah, I don't think that's crazy at all.  I know it's a fools errand to predict MLS, but if I were to put the conference into tiers:

Teams better than us - Atlanta, NYCFC, Toronto

Teams on our level - RBNY, New England, Philadelphia, Columbus, DC United

Teams we're better than - Chicago, Cincinnati, Miami, Montreal, Orlando

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users