19 replies to this topic

Harry Harrison

Harry Harrison

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRB, SCP, WHU

On Another Note, does anyone know off-hand the material the Klagenfurt arena's roof is made of?

Looks like aluminum sheets..
Harry Redknapp on signing good-looking Portuguese winger Dani, he told reporters:

"My missus fancies him. Even I don't know whether to play him or f*ck him."

qrysdonnell

qrysdonnell

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Chelsea

Seen the tarps but they do not cover 5,000 seats or as you suggest about 15% of all seats (if capacity was 30,000). Yes it is higher than 25,000 but I would say closer to 26k than 30k.

I think as it's currently built it can only seat 26,000 and the 30,000 (or 35?) figure is what the stadium is supposed to be easily expandable to. I've never heard what 'easy' means in that context... it may be just reshuffling a few things, or it may be raising the roof and adding another level (which doesn't sound 'easy' to me... but I guess I can think of more complicated things...)

Harry Harrison

Harry Harrison

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRB, SCP, WHU

I think as it's currently built it can only seat 26,000 and the 30,000 (or 35?) figure is what the stadium is supposed to be easily expandable to. I've never heard what 'easy' means in that context... it may be just reshuffling a few things, or it may be raising the roof and adding another level (which doesn't sound 'easy' to me... but I guess I can think of more complicated things...)

They can always expand inward.. Those big ugly concrete walls don't have to be there. Add a few more rows down towards the endline, closer to the pitch. Thats an extra few hundred maybe 1k seats right there.
Harry Redknapp on signing good-looking Portuguese winger Dani, he told reporters:

"My missus fancies him. Even I don't know whether to play him or f*ck him."

tilt215

tilt215

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Supports:Redbull NY, Jersey SkyBlue

Seen the tarps but they do not cover 5,000 seats or as you suggest about 15% of all seats (if capacity was 30,000). Yes it is higher than 25,000 but I would say closer to 26k than 30k.

No, but also remember, they do not sell the top two rows of the stadium either. Its a combination of both, plus the expansion capability...

MetroStone

MetroStone

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Metro

This
Some people are like slinkeys. They are not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

5 You got REAMed 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users