Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,504 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Yeah, its not a good situation for anyone involved at the moment. Adjusting to life here is just one of those intangibles you can't possibly predict when you sign a guy. We've gotten pretty unlucky with both Veron and Kaku struggling, meanwhile Deigo Valeri is basically on the verge of becoming mayor of Portland.

Piatti in MTL, HIguain and Schellotto in Cbus. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, and Glenn Stampiglia

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

There's a few things to consider, this is a big one. Another is that Armas intentionally moved Kaku get further from goal and the middle of the field where he was more likely to get on the scoresheet. Franco Panizo did a write-up on it for SBI back in September. Kaku himself also said that opponents started to focus him more individually as the year went on, something that will happen to every #10 we sign until we get more dangerous guys around him.

And most importantly, something I don't see anyone talking about - even though Kaku's personal numbers went down under Armas the team's attack as a whole got better. I think its unfair to say that Kaku suddenly had nothing to do with that. Playing from deeper and wider spots, he wasn't often the one playing the final pass but I think his distribution was still a huge part of the successful Supporter's Shield run.

Great analysis.  I think one big part of the current puzzle is that while Kaku did, as you say, play a huge part in RB success after the changes in his position - I don't think he feels his new position supports his emergence in the "soccer world", ie. more money in the future.  Add on the small likelihood that RB will add an impact player to take some heat off of him and it is easy to see why he would want to leave.

He certainly would play a different role in a Mexican squad.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Hard to judge Kaku without knowing the entire background of his motivation here, but this isn't good. Even if the club makes a profit on the sale I don't see how you spontaneously acquire a player of similar quality and integrate him in time for it to mean anything this season.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Hard to judge Kaku without knowing the entire background of his motivation here, but this isn't good. Even if the club makes a profit on the sale I don't see how you spontaneously acquire a player of similar quality and integrate him in time for it to mean anything this season.

Ask Seattle

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Slomojones

Slomojones

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Supports:NYRB
I think most players (especially from Latin America) would rather play for a bigger name club like America. I'm speaking career-wise, not off the field stuff. Can't blame him on that front.
This post is dedicated to all the slow defenders of the world. Godspeed! my brothers

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,560 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

(does it affect kakus relatives who he says cannot pay him a visit , who knows for certain )

How about a link to an actual article quoting Kaku?
If this rumor is circulating, there must be a source.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,560 posts

Today he said that his family hasn't been able to come and visit him in the US, and Mexico would be easier.

Again. Is there a source for these comments?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT
Lol, this thread is ridiculous. We have what is true and what isn't.

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

Lets call it what it is.  Why is this being debated?

Letting Kaku go for any amount of money at this point would be detrimental to the team.  We have no replacement for 6 goals and 14 assist.

Club America is to late.  Come calling in November/December, and we can make a deal happen. 

Bad enough they did not sign a Adams/RZA replacement, if RB does this they have no intent in competing for a title in any competition and need to get called out for that by the fans.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,504 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

...if RB does this they have no intent in competing for a title in any competition and need to get called out for that by the fans.

i wouldn't be surprised if there are ppl who feel this way. 

i knew it would be possible that this scenario of Kaku (or any other import) being sold could happen. any player from South America who is ~25 or younger have their careers to think about. if he wants to move and chase $$$ elsewhere, so be it. i don't begrudge him for it. RBNY has to be smart to prepare for these scenarios/contingencies in the transfer window prior...like finding a guy last July. standing pat essentially presents the possibility of a situation in which we are currently facing. the team should construct the roster to lend itself to withstand these scenarios during any given transfer window period. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, and Glenn Stampiglia

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,759 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

How about a link to an actual article quoting Kaku?
If this rumor is circulating, there must be a source.

Source is a few translated quotes from Dave Martinez. What isn't clear is whether "family" means his immediate family or his extended family, if I recall correctly Kaku has about a billion siblings.

https://twitter.com/...711581017362438

Letting Kaku go for any amount of money at this point would be detrimental to the team.  We have no replacement for 6 goals and 14 assist.

Club America is to late.  Come calling in November/December, and we can make a deal happen. 

Bad enough they did not sign a Adams/RZA replacement, if RB does this they have no intent in competing for a title in any competition and need to get called out for that by the fans.

I've already seen too many people say they're OK with the move cause its financially responsible. As a fan how does that even enter the realm of priorities when we're talking about shipping our second best attacking player with little time to replace him? Those people gonna sit there smiling about missing the playoffs cause Papa Red Bull made a few bucks?

Kaku will be sold eventually, but doing so only a year into his contract without a real backup plan in place is not ideal.

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

i wouldn't be surprised if there are ppl who feel this way. 

i knew it would be possible that this scenario of Kaku (or any other import) being sold could happen. any player from South America who is ~25 or younger have their careers to think about. if he wants to move and chase $$$ elsewhere, so be it. i don't begrudge him for it. RBNY has to be smart to prepare for these scenarios/contingencies in the transfer window prior...like finding a guy last July. standing pat essentially presents the possibility of a situation in which we are currently facing. the team should construct the roster to lend itself to withstand these scenarios during any given transfer window period. 

How else should we feel?  Selling kaku with no replacement is just plain foolish.  How can you make these kind of moves after best regular season ever?

Memo to the front office YOU FAILED. Now is NOT the time for a rebuild.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,560 posts

Source is a few translated quotes from Dave Martinez. What isn't clear is whether "family" means his immediate family or his extended family, if I recall correctly Kaku has about a billion siblings.
https://twitter.com/...711581017362438

The translated quote is not much help. Why cant the family come here? Is it a visa issue? Or something else?
Did Kaku travel back to Argentina in the off-season?

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,759 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

The translated quote is not much help. Why cant the family come here? Is it a visa issue? Or something else?
Did Kaku travel back to Argentina in the off-season?

Does it matter what the reason is if its causing him unrest to the point where he's pushing for a transfer?

MTF

MTF

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, USMNT
Im not sure Kaku was agitating for a move. More likely Club America unexpectedly came calling and now he has a bit of a choice. Liga MX vs. MLS. Club America vs. NYRB. Mexico vs. USA. Latin American culture and language, ease for his family. More money. Happens all the time. Youre happy working for Citibank with no intention of leaving. Then HR at JP Morgan reaches out: same job, better title, more money. What do you do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users