• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Our record in games Muyl scored?

10 wins
1 tie
1 loss

Well yeah the opposing team would have to be pretty fuckin bad to let Muyl score, we better be winning those! The fact that he only scored 12 times in ~6000 career minutes as an attacking player is the more relevant stat to me.

I appreciate Muyl for filling the elusive "defensive winger" role when we were all in on the high press, but agree with McSoccer that he played more than his skill set warranted. Felt like an elite MLS 1.0 player time warped to MLS 3.0.

Super interested to see if this prompts other moves, I sure as hell hope it's not just an intl spot for Royer...

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

Our record in games Muyl scored?

10 wins
1 tie
1 loss

theee u go
Too bad he didnt score more!
I liked Alex and thought him good player for us for quite a long time
Best of luck Alex

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Well yeah the opposing team would have to be pretty fuckin bad to let Muyl score, we better be winning those!

I appreciate Muyl for filling the elusive "defensive winger" role when we were all in on the high press, but agree with McSoccer that he played more than his skill set warranted. Felt like an elite MLS 1.0 player time warped to MLS 3.0.

Super interested to see if this prompts other moves, I sure as hell hope it's not just an intl spot for Royer...

I dont follow? Royer already occupies an international spot

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts

I dont follow? Royer already occupies an international spot

Sorry that was confusing, I was referencing MF's post on the first page suggesting this move may only be to cover players already on the roster, and not paving the way for another signing. Grabbed Royers name at random.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Royer 

Tetteh

Kaku

Yearwood

Pendant

Jensen

Rza 

Egbo

Jorgen$en

[Room For One More]

Former int'ls, now with green cards:
Casseres

Valot

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts
Never like to see HG traded

Best of luck ALEX!!!!

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Sorry that was confusing, I was referencing MF's post on the first page suggesting this move may only be to cover players already on the roster, and not paving the way for another signing. Grabbed Royers name at random.

Yeah there is a lack of clarity. There was never an announcement about CCJ getting a green card but hes not listed as an international.

Wikipedia? says we have 9 international spots prior to the trade so this should be #10

1. Royer
2. RZA
3. Kaku
4. Egbo
5. Jorgensen
6. Tetteh
7. Yearwood
8. Jensen
9. Pendant
10. Open or CCJ?

Edit: I was beaten to the punch

SoapyDish

SoapyDish

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Arsenal

Hate to see it. Hard worker, solid MLS starter. Played through all the criticism and bitching about him, always was respectful to the club and fans, no team in MLS would be adverse to having Muyl on their team.

Kinda weird to get a now team Vet and super dedicated guy leaving just as we are getting some new signings in, but whatever, he gets to live in Nashville now and play on a new beady eyed team where he'll probably become a integral part of the team, also gets to play with Dax! Happy for him, honestly. Gonna miss him though.

wabbit67

wabbit67

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

I think this is a mistake.  I am not under the illusion that Muyl is a great soccer player, but he is the type of player you need on the field in MLS.  Hard nosed, brings a lot of energy, can play in a few different spots in a pinch.  I could see Muyl becoming a Jeff Larentowicz type, surviving because he will play every position hard even though the skill is a touch below average.  Larentowicz made himself a valuable piece in MLS and I think Muyl will do the same.  You need these grinders in MLS with the rigor of travel and the uneven level of play.  In Orlando, this team played flat with no energy and urgency.  This move will exacerbate that.  

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I think this is a mistake.  I am not under the illusion that Muyl is a great soccer player, but he is the type of player you need on the field in MLS.  Hard nosed, brings a lot of energy, can play in a few different spots in a pinch.  I could see Muyl becoming a Jeff Larentowicz type, surviving because he will play every position hard even though the skill is a touch below average.  Larentowicz made himself a valuable piece in MLS and I think Muyl will do the same.  You need these grinders in MLS with the rigor of travel and the uneven level of play.  In Orlando, this team played flat with no energy and urgency.  This move will exacerbate that.  

Isn't that why they invested in Yearwood? To do exactly what you described in terms of energy and hustle, that's what the film and an article or two suggest. Maybe they prefer having both Omir and Stroud around, cuz Stroud can score, we've seen some of his ability there, and I guess Omir is the furthest along. Plus Muyl got a contract extension, so he was about to make more $. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Could be just be they had an abundance of wingers, none of which were going to see a lot of minutes, and Muyl was the one traded because he brought back the best return.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts

I think the idea is that the rest of MLS is starting to spend money on guys who can both run AND display some skill. Just having a motor doesn't cut it anymore, at least not if we're talking about a guy who should have a shot at a starting spot.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Royer 

Tetteh

Kaku

Yearwood

Pendant

Jensen

Rza 

Egbo

Jorgen$en

[Room For One More]

Former int'ls, now with green cards:
Casseres

Valot

Should go within 6 month: Rza

50/50: Jorgy

Can go if replaced: Royer, Kaku

Too new to Go: Pendant, Jensen, Yearwood, Tetteh, Egbo 

Hopefully has a green card: Casseres

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

Hate to see it. Hard worker, solid MLS starter. Played through all the criticism and bitching about him, always was respectful to the club and fans, no team in MLS would be adverse to having Muyl on their team.

Kinda weird to get a now team Vet and super dedicated guy leaving just as we are getting some new signings in, but whatever, he gets to live in Nashville now and play on a new beady eyed team where he'll probably become a integral part of the team, also gets to play with Dax! Happy for him, honestly. Gonna miss him though.

Agree on this and laurentowitz comment

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Lets not all fall in love with Muyl now that he is being traded. Gritty homegrown player and good bench option who was afforded several years to develop further. In reality with Omir now coming off the bench Muyl was surplus goods. Good move in my opinion...unless he becomes a 15 goal scorer for Nashville! Thelwell is getting to work. Armas will be cut loose in November methinks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users