• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Consigliere

Consigliere

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Drinking, Soccer, and Women, not always in that order...
  • Supports:Red Bulls/Metro, Aston Villa
A friend of mine spoke with one of the players, and this player believes Richie Williams will not be the Head Coach/Manager. His reason is that RW is "one of the boys". As an assistant under JCO, he was always involved in the games in training...this player feels that RW is too much of a friend to too many players, so he wouldn't get the respect as the top guy. He can see RW staying as the #2, but he won't be the #1 for the above reason. While it sucks, if he sees this, then I have a feeling a few more players see this.

Ives is also reporting that RW will be either DC's top man or RB's #2, so it seems reasonable that this player has hit the nail on the head.
"Leave the fucking cheese there, alright! I love fucking cheese at my feet! I stick motherfuckin' provolone in my socks at night, so they smell like your sister's crotch in the morning." --Silvio Dante

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
Seems to me like RB is making a huge mistake. Richie could have been a good coach.

MulletGSS

MulletGSS

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, FC Barcelona

Seems to me like RB is making a huge mistake. Richie could have been a good coach.

if your players dont see you as the top dog, they wont respect you and you loose the locker room that way. that could be disastrous

The opinions expressed here are the views of MulletGSS and do not reflect the views and opinions of GSS or any of it's other members.

puhe

puhe

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Supports:metro

if your players dont see you as the top dog, they wont respect you and you loose the locker room that way. that could be disastrous

Jason Kreis actually was a player.. apparently he made it work.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Yet after Metro beat Dallas, players said that Richie having one-to-one talks was huge in motivating them...
MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

So was Wayne Gretzky. Greatest offensive hockey player of all time, as a coach...143W-161L-24T. Not all players work out as manager. Look at Tony Adams, a rock at Arsenal for 22 years, got 66 caps for England. As a manager, he's absolute pants. Closer to home, Fernando Clavijo was a USMNT player...and I'd rather let the inanimate carbon rod coach the team than that circus clown.

If Ritchie isn't the right guy because they have someone better in mind, I'm fine with that. But, he has been here for years and knows all of the players; the guy they bring in can't be 'just as good' as Ritchie, he HAS to be BETTER than RW, or else what is the point?

I'm still skeptical of them buying a team, building a $ 200m stadium and then turning the keys of that empire over to Ritchie Williams, but, who else is there really? The only big-name person I could see somewhat making sense here would be Klinsmann, who at least knows US soccer from sitting a stones throw from the HDC all of these years, but, if he didn't want to leave the beach in LA to coach Germany when he was the coach of Germany, we're asking a lot of Sea Bright to entertain the cat while he's RB's head coach.

If he's the right guy but they aren't hiring him because he is friends with the players, that is dumb, and they should tell me this now so that I can stop going to games.

More likely, they want a bigger name so that they can create a bigger splash when the stadium opens, which is also dumb.

I don't think anyone expects RW to be the second coming of Alex Ferguson, but, is seems he's earned his shot. Every day he isn't announced does seem to confirm the diagnosis that RB doesn't like him enough to give him the job full time. If Soler is now a relatively done deal, announce that Monday. Then, you have about 48 hours to announce RW, or cut him lose, because he'd be high to wait around any longer for the phone to ring.

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

I don't think anyone expects RW to be the second coming of Alex Ferguson, but, is seems he's earned his shot. Every day he isn't announced does seem to confirm the diagnosis that RB doesn't like him enough to give him the job full time.

They have also said that they would allow the new sporting director to choose/announce the new head coach. So they are standing firm on that.

They could also be waiting DC out till they have a head coach and let RW go elsewhere. While thats unfair to RW, its business. I dont know about you but the last place I want RW coaching is DC Scum

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Last week's (11/14) Sports Illustrated article about RSL quoted Kreis: "You have to make decisions that you know people may not be happy with" - such as trading his best friend, veteran midfielder Chris Klein, to Los Angeles in '07 for two rookies. "Our wives were also best friends," says Kreis. "My wife didn't speak to me for a week after that." She does now, not least because one of those rookies was forward Robbie Findley ...
Perhaps RW needs to whack his best friend to send a message to everyone else. I just hope it's not Woly!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

Last week's (11/14) Sports Illustrated article about RSL quoted Kreis: "You have to make decisions that you know people may not be happy with" - such as trading his best friend, veteran midfielder Chris Klein, to Los Angeles in '07 for two rookies. "Our wives were also best friends," says Kreis. "My wife didn't speak to me for a week after that." She does now, not least because one of those rookies was forward Ribbie Findley ...
Perhaps RW needs to whack his best friend to send a message to everyone else. I just hope it's not Woly!

damn..mad respect to Kries. thats eventual NT manager material right there. No room for good old boys clubs in sports

5 year plan

devil500

devil500

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,633 posts
  • Interests:Engineering
What ever happens. Well happens.

I have a feeling RedBull thinks because Richie was around under Bradley,MoJo,Arena and Osorio, they need to start fresh.

#RedBullOUT

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

"My wife didn't speak to me for a week after that." She does now, not least because one of those rookies was forward Ribbie Findley ...

I can't believe his wife is sleeping with Robbie Findley.

devil500

devil500

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,633 posts
  • Interests:Engineering

New chant for next year? :lol:

#RedBullOUT

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

The article did go on to discuss Robbie's scoring! :D
When asked to comment, Mrs. Kries said the same thing as Jason:
"You have to make decisions that you know people may not be happy with" :blink:

New chant for next year?

For the RSL fans:
"He scores from the left,
he scored from the right
he scores with Kim
all effin' night!" :lol:

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

John P

John P

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT, DIM, R. Madrid
This is the same reason Donnie Walberg's character in "Band Of Brothers" got transfered to a different unit when he got his battlefield commision.

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

A friend of mine spoke with one of the players, and this player believes Richie Williams will not be the Head Coach/Manager. His reason is that RW is "one of the boys". As an assistant under JCO, he was always involved in the games in training...this player feels that RW is too much of a friend to too many players, so he wouldn't get the respect as the top guy. He can see RW staying as the #2, but he won't be the #1 for the above reason. While it sucks, if he sees this, then I have a feeling a few more players see this.

Ives is also reporting that RW will be either DC's top man or RB's #2, so it seems reasonable that this player has hit the nail on the head.

Hi, i not only was "one of the boys" with Salt Lake, but i actually was their teamamte for a coupel seasons. I became their head coach right after retirment...some people say i have been successful...
Posted Image

i will let you be the judge.

Posted Image
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users