166 replies to this topic

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT
Salt people became dead to me when they got rid of Petke. No Petke, no peace.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I wouldn't mind giving Omir a shot with the front two also, since they are more involved in build-up, etc. now.  I can't imagine being in a situation where White or Royer get injured and we are starting Barlow.  Just isn't good enough.  Has to be Jorgy or Omir. 

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Yeah, supposedly they were using Omir up there in preseason.  I'm on board with that but I guess it depends on opponent.  If the ball is going to be on the floor more, then Omir makes a ton of sense.  But if we're stuck hitting it long, then White is the best option.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Yeah, supposedly they were using Omir up there in preseason.  I'm on board with that but I guess it depends on opponent.  If the ball is going to be on the floor more, then Omir makes a ton of sense.  But if we're stuck hitting it long, then White is the best option.

to clarify i think White should start, but would want Omir ahead of Barlow and Rza for the two forward positions.  For his size Barlow doesn't really have a presence for hold up play anyway so give me someone who will run in the channels. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Can we please please stop hitting it long for good? We played through the defense really well a number of times, there's no need to ever have a long floater from Tarek or Parker that is nominally a 50-50 but we actually lose 95-5. Counterpressing works very well when we give up the ball near the box, a glorified dump-and-chase doesn't consistently work for us (and we certainly tried many times with BWP and White for the last 5 years).

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Can we please please stop hitting it long for good? We played through the defense really well a number of times, there's no need to ever have a long floater from Tarek or Parker that is nominally a 50-50 but we actually lose 95-5. Counterpressing works very well when we give up the ball near the box, a glorified dump-and-chase doesn't consistently work for us (and we certainly tried many times with BWP and White for the last 5 years).

I agree but if Casseres is gonna pass like he did in the 2nd half, hitting it long is all we got.  I do like that Casseres looks a little quicker this year though.

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

I think you give Jorgensen a shot next week. White and Barlow were both pretty bad today

I want this. I want to see how bad he really is.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

I want this. I want to see how bad he really is.

He's not that bad.  He's really frustrating though.  He does a great job with his athleticism and speed to get in good positions, he just blows it on the final touch consistently.  Just hoping it's youth and not a trait of his.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

White didn't have his best game against Cincy but his body of work last year makes it clear who the best forward on our roster is. White is a starting caliber forward in MLS. Look at the garbage teams like Nashville and Miami started up top. 

I'm curious to see Jorgensen too to see if there's any return on the investment there, but he's gotta do something to earn the job. 

Surely RSL will be better than Cincy. First road game so definitely a tougher test. Same lineup except slide Long in instead of Tarek. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Also playing at altitude:

https://www.google.c...299.fL2xu9U8bMQ

If Meara and Long are held out for another week:

-------------Royer White

--------------Kaku Valot

------------Davis Casseres 

---Seacrest Tarek Parker Duncan

-----------------Jensen

McIntosh Nealis Tolkin Sims Muyl Rza Jorgen$en

Egbo Omir Mines Stroud Lema Barlow can be selected for RB2.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

White didn't have his best game against Cincy but his body of work last year makes it clear who the best forward on our roster is. White is a starting caliber forward in MLS. Look at the garbage teams like Nashville and Miami started up top. 

I'm curious to see Jorgensen too to see if there's any return on the investment there, but he's gotta do something to earn the job. 

Surely RSL will be better than Cincy. First road game so definitely a tougher test. Same lineup except slide Long in instead of Tarek. 

We had such a horrific offseason that youre actually comparing our starting forwards to expansion teams. We won the Supporters Shield the year before last for Gods sake!! And BTW, the forwards Cincy brought on, the one with the $10M option to buy, is 10Xs better than any striker on our team. And they also signed Siem DeJong a week ago as a DP striker......but Ive seen him play and hes been a disappointment his entire career.

RSL finished with more points than us last season but lost one of the beat players in MLS. Should be an interesting match up.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Also playing at altitude:

https://www.google.c...299.fL2xu9U8bMQ

If Meara and Long are held out for another week:

-------------Royer White

--------------Kaku Valot

------------Davis Casseres 

---Seacrest Tarek Parker Duncan

-----------------Jensen

McIntosh Nealis Tolkin Sims Muyl Rza Jorgen$en

Egbo Omir Mines Stroud Lema Barlow can be selected for RB2.

Sims for Davis.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Sims for Davis.

Who gets the armband?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Sims for Davis.

And drop Valot or Kaku to play next to CCJ?  Because Sims has to play higher up the pitch.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Who gets the armband?

Parker or Royer in that scenario. No brainer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users