elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

I like how he's setting the bar low... Lol

I wish they would add a couple of designated players...

I might get flamed for saying this but how bad and how quickly till people start crying for Marsch to replace Struber??? ...

How long till Marsch gets linked with RBNY????

I mean honestly if they are in last by half season I will probably be definitely saying that I want Marsch to take over...

I mean I think the goal should be they make the playoffs easily. In a higher seed. Otherwise if Marsch is free I'd consider bringing Marsch back.

Marsch has been linked to Leeds. I can see him getting another chance at europe before he comes back to MLS.

I think struber is fine but he needs some offensive talent.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

How would you know this?

He's been linked to a bunch of them, most recently Leeds. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

He's been linked to Leeds. 

If the current popular coach leaves:
https://www.sporting...uvdjjkvpt7ilpob

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

His contract is up at the end of the season, the team's performances are collapsing, and this is the longest spell he's had at any club in his 32-year managerial career. Bielsa's gone. Only question is how soon that happens.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

High-larious!

You do realize Marsch failed at Leipzig. I know Thelwell can fall up, but Im not sure American coaches can (see Bob Bradley). Im not sure whats available to Marsch out there. Do I think hed take a consulting job here. No, but its not crazy. It would be an interesting addition to his resume and it would benefit both parties.

Hes literally linked to the Leeds job right now didnt realize getting fired from a CL team means you cant even find a coaching job in Europe or MLS and have to be a director for a club that fired you. Again, what drugs are we taking here?

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Hes literally linked to the Leeds job right now didnt realize getting fired from a CL team means you cant even find a coaching job in Europe or MLS and have to be a director for a club that fired you. Again, what drugs are we taking here?

You are super clever with your retorts.

I never said he couldn't find a coaching job in MLS.  I think if he does, it's going to kill his chances of getting one in Europe because he looked like he's regressed.  All I said was coming here as a consultant for 6 months wasn't a crazy idea, while he was waiting for his next opportunity.  Never said it was likely.

I love Marsch.  I was one of maybe three people on these boards happy when Petke got fired and they brought Marsch in.  That said, his time in Europe has been mediocre at best.  As a comparison:

Marsch RBL record: 5W 6L 3D

Tedesco RBL record 6W 2L 1D

Marsch never made it passed the Round of 32 of the Europa League Salzburg.  Rose made it to a Semi-Final and a Round of 16 the two prior years.  They got a nice draw, but Salzburg got out of the group stage in Champions League AND got a draw against Bayern in the CL Round of 16.

Any decent coach is going to win the Austrian league with Salzburg, given their advantage in payroll.  And, I'm pretty sure his run of 14 games is the worst Leipzig has had since they were promoted.

I hope he gets the Leeds job, but he was also linked to the Everton job. I just think it's tough for American coaches, especially after they don't have success.  Hopefully Marsch breaks that trend.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

You are super clever with your retorts.

I never said he couldn't find a coaching job in MLS.  I think if he does, it's going to kill his chances of getting one in Europe because he looked like he's regressed.  All I said was coming here as a consultant for 6 months wasn't a crazy idea, while he was waiting for his next opportunity.  Never said it was likely.

I love Marsch.  I was one of maybe three people on these boards happy when Petke got fired and they brought Marsch in.  That said, his time in Europe has been mediocre at best.  As a comparison:

Marsch RBL record: 5W 6L 3D

Tedesco RBL record 6W 2L 1D

Marsch never made it passed the Round of 32 of the Europa League Salzburg.  Rose made it to a Semi-Final and a Round of 16 the two prior years.  They got a nice draw, but Salzburg got out of the group stage in Champions League AND got a draw against Bayern in the CL Round of 16.

Any decent coach is going to win the Austrian league with Salzburg, given their advantage in payroll.  And, I'm pretty sure his run of 14 games is the worst Leipzig has had since they were promoted.

I hope he gets the Leeds job, but he was also linked to the Everton job. I just think it's tough for American coaches, especially after they don't have success.  Hopefully Marsch breaks that trend.

This is an incredibly long thesis that I appreciate the effort you took with. However, I dont see the point. Once again, Marsch isnt coming back to the org that fired him. And hes going to be a manager in Europe within the next 3 months. Whats the point of this conversation?

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

https://www.skysport...-to-replace-him
https://twitter.com/...2820580353?s=21

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

Good for him, but definitely risky. 2 points above relegation, and the two teams below them each have 2 games in hand.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

Top third in Belgium.
Top Dutch teams not named Ajax or PSV.
The Auld Firm.
Lower to mid Bundesliga or Ligue1.
Maybe Portugal (but not SLB or Port). 

Or 16th in EPL: https://twitter.com/...2820580353?s=21
Perhaps soon to be EFL Championship.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
So hes taking over for a beloved figure at the club and a team that is in absolute free fall

This is a bad bad spot for him - he is absolutely set up for failure here

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
I agree, its quite dangerous for him. Similar to Bob at Swansea.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I agree, its quite dangerous for him. Similar to Bob at Swansea.

yup

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal
There's no "safe" environment for any manager, particularly an American one, to walk into. Leipzig was as close as you could get, and Marsch was fired more quickly than any other manager in their history.

The good news is that performances at Leeds really can't get much worse, and they're still favorites to stay up at the moment.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

So hes taking over for a beloved figure at the club and a team that is in absolute free fall

This is a bad bad spot for him - he is absolutely set up for failure here

If he keeps them up, he stays on. If he doesn't, he's out and possibly (likely?) back to MLS for his next job. I'm guessing he's realizing the stakes, but has to believe in himself and make the bet. I'm sure the salary is nice too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users