167 replies to this topic

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

He is an elite outside back in this league when hes playing at last years level. Nobodys disputing hes played like shit this year, which has obviously struck a nerve with you. Downplaying his ability and performance last year is purely revisionist history because you have an axe to grind with him.

murillo should go to rb2 to build up some confidence. Get a few good performances and then come back up.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
...and just like that, if we win our two games in hand, we are just one win out of first place in the East...

For Wednesday:

Robles
Parker-Long-Tarek
Murillo-Davis-Taxi
Muyl/DE7-Kaku-Royer
BWP (White)

Bench: Meara, Lade, Rza, Beze/Ivan, Fernandez, Muyl/DE7, White (Jorgensen)
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Hope Kaku is ready to contribute something to the team,

Would like to see Etienne from the start. 

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Hope Kaku is ready to contribute something to the team,

Would like to see Etienne from the start. 

Judging by his recent social media activity referenced in the Kaku thread, hes more interested in continuing the soap opera.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Yeah I think he was near best MLS XI last year. He's an elite athlete who can be a game changer from the fullback position on a good day.

Loses his concentration on defense too much for me. Both last year and this year.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts
Murillo was https://www.mlssocce...s-all-star-team This year lots mistakes while team has issues - benching deserved but the guy can play

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Murillo washttps://www.mlssocce...s-all-star-teamThis year lots mistakes while team has issues - benching deserved but the guy can play

Deserved benching for Murillo for now, but this team doesn't win MLS Cup with Connor Lade starting in the playoffs.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York
Whether it is this game or the next one- Id like to start Omir again. Feel like he & Kaku could have some fun if they got some chemistry going. Away at FCD is fine- try to win the home game then going out to Texas & roll some dice.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

...and just like that, if we win our two games in hand, we are just one win out of first place in the East...

Somehow, on PPG we are already above the Mendoza line to make the playoffs.   That's how bad the East is this year.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

interesting point by Doyle about Armas early subs and changing formations

3331 to 352 to 442

https://www.mlssocce...eek-10-analysis

go for the points at home

Robles
Parker-Long-Tarek
Murillo-Davis-Taxi
Muyl-Kaku-Royer
BWP (White)

Subs Omir and DE7

Robles
Parker-Long-Tarek
Murillo-RZA/CCJ-Taxi
Omir-Kaku-DE7
BWP (White)

As other said Omir and Kaku could be fun.  

Where is CCJ?

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Yeah, we can't give up on Murillo.  Dude at his best and properly motivated is a great, great player.  He's just gotta be built up.  Hopefully he takes this all as a lesson and doesn't become toxic in the locker room.  

I'm really curious to see Kaku in this formation.  Him in this formation may be very good because he understands spaces very well and he'll find it easier to get lost on the field with this formation. That will make him tougher to defend.  I also think he'll come back at his best because the start of the season has been so bad and he genuinely seems like a good kid where he'll learn the right lessons from all of this.

If we take Rza off the field for this game, I really hope it's just to get some squad rotation in. He's great in this formation because he causes so many issues defensively up there.  He's a bit of a wrecking ball defensively and when he's not at one of those 6 positions, he can feel more free to roam and take chances defensively.

My perfect world in this formation right now is probably below:

-------------BWP--------

---Royer--Kaku--Rza

Taxi------Davis-------Murillo

--Tarek-Long--Parker

Keep working in Etienne, Omir, and Duncan.   I actually like Ivan right now but for whatever reason Armas isn't giving him a real shot.  Plus it's hard to ever take Royer off the field because he's been our best offensive player.  Dude is great.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

It sounds crazy coming off a game where he was easily MOTM, but I'm struggling to think of what to do with Marc Rzatkowski in the 3-3-3-1 system. He's such an odd player, versatile guy who doesn't see the ball all that much but has the creativity to change the game himself.

Davis is a better pure #6, Kaku is a better pure #10 (potentially at least), and I loved the direct play towards goal that Omir brought to the RW spot.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

It sounds crazy coming off a game where he was easily MOTM, but I'm struggling to think of what to do with Marc Rzatkowski in the 3-3-3-1 system. He's such an odd player, versatile guy who doesn't see the ball all that much but has the creativity to change the game himself.

Davis is a better pure #6, Kaku is a better pure #10 (potentially at least), and I loved the direct play towards goal that Omir brought to the RW spot.

Totally agree.  Would never put Rza in as a lone 6 because it takes away what he does best.  Plus he roams too much to be on his own as a 6.  But I love his ability to read the play and break things up.  Especially when we lose possession offensively.

I didn't expect to like him farther up the field in this formation but I really like him.  I don't think he should come off the field.   Plus, this formation has always ended up giving those 3 midfielders open looks to shoot from distance, and Rza has a GREAT shot.

I like most things Omir has brought but I don't think Rza should come off the field.  And that should be OK too because Omir is going to get his chances. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

So the issue we're facing is

Royer Rza Kaku

--------Davis

How does Casseres fit into this? Does Muyl go to RWB and go opposite Taxi at LWB? 

Well, at least we're on a winning streak, brought on by the formation change, like a couple of seasons ago. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Im expecting some squad rotation but I dont put it past and fully expect Armas to continue playing Muyl at RW when not rotating the squad.

Thought he was pretty poor on Saturday and really shouldnt play any higher than WB in a 3/5 back system.

Omir is capable at the 10 or out wide, and you could slide Royer to RW and play Etienne at LW like we saw late vs. LAG.

For MTL

Robles
Long-Parker-Tarek
Muyl-Davis(CCJ?)-Taxi
Omir-Kaku-Etienne
White(BWP?)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users