Never fucking forget. Im so upset. 

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

Unpopular opinion, but I am OK with this move to further youth development. He appeared to have lost a step for some reason and RB is trying to be ahead of the 8 ball and get rid of a guy 1 year too soon than too late. He still has something to offer, but Stache is a locker room leader and we can put the money to good use hopefully.

I do thank him for his service, and I hope reasonable heads prevail here. He by no means was a bad player last season, just not as good as he was it seemed. Very young still, which I didn't even realize he was only turning 30. I said on here before it seemed like he was not the same last year, but I wonder what the advanced stats say.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

As for the move itself, you can convince that this can make us better. This is a get rid of the guy a year early rather than a year late type of move. But you wanna give Davis a legit starting role and open up space for Adams, somebody gotta go and Dax is the oldest one. 

This also frees up a lot of cap space, with the allocation money plus shedding his salary. However cap space is only useful is you do something with it. We have significantly less depth now. And we've all been anxious to see some improvements to this roster but so far we haven't seen any additions and have only had subtractions. Have to use this cap space to improve our roster and hopefully quickly. 

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Chicago isn't a rival to anyone in recent years lol

True but we'll be playing them multiple times per season so a big chance of the former Metro coming back to haunt us scenario. 

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

I consistently felt that SK16 was the bigger leader on the team as well, so I do not think it's a huge loss in that regard either. It sucks seeing someone like this traded, but for some reason I am not totally against it. If they signed a CB as good as Collin I think it would be putting the money to good use.

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

True but we'll be playing them multiple times per season so a big chance of the former Metro coming back to haunt us scenario. 

Outside of him being out west, I really don't mind Chicago.

And from what it looks like, we may be getting 400k each year for the next two years which is a great return.  Really sold high in this case.  

redbullandvodka

redbullandvodka

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
This is a horseshit move. There's been a handful of players for this franchise that have really been "faces" of the team and he's one of them. I'm not saying you keep guys around just for sentiment alone, but this is our 29 year old captain who busts his ass every game and is nowhere near being done I like Davis, but this smells to me of Red Bull being cheap again and replacing Dax to save some bucks. Hope they use the money and prove me wrong.

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

I know we're selling high, that even last season he started to show signs of decline, that we're clearing a logjam at his position.

But still, this feels like trading Jeter.

Gutted.

While I deeply understand how you feel, but Jeter was untouchable simply because of the number of CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS he had on his finger. Dax, on the other hand, now has a wedding ring, and a world of thanks from the Metro faithful. He will be missed.

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

joamiq

joamiq

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Spurs

NO
NO NO NO NO NO

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

You know what frees cap money? Making both BWP and Sacha DPs.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

Yeah, there's that. Seems to happen to this team a lot in particular for some reason. 

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

You know what frees cap money? Making both BWP and Sacha DPs.

Outside of that, it's also about selling assets at their highest... We get basically the same production out of Davis, so move Dax and capitalize on the value he brings right now.  Father time is undefeated and Dax isn't going to be the one to beat that.

It's the shitty part of sports... Chuck Noll always used to say that the biggest mistake he made was hanging onto his guys for too long.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

So we know about Davis and Adams.

For those that are more familiar with our academy - Are Basuljevic and Najem also central midfielder? Any other central midfielders in the pipeline? 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

So we know about Davis and Adams.

For those that are more familiar with our academy - Are Basuljevic and Najem also central midfielder? Any other central midfielders in the pipeline? 

Basuljevic is a central midfielder as well and it seems pretty clear we are signing him.  

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
I am assuming they have a signing lined up and needed that allocation money to make it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users