Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,597 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

3-1, 58'

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, and Glenn Stampiglia

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Had my indoor soccer league last night so didnt get to watch the game. 

But man, the highlight quality on CCL website and the Red Bulls website are pretty bad. I feel like I'm watching a A-baseball game on local access. I feel like we should wrap this series up easy in NJ. 

Losing this series was never a possibility, much less a probability. We should win the home leg by 5+.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts
  • Supports:Metro

ATL comes back home down 2 goals.  Except by "home", I mean to a FCS football stadium outside of the city and smaller than the one they just played in because MBS is hosting Monster Jam.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

rhactl7

rhactl7

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

I would definitely sit Murillo for Leg 2. I think we will easily handle this team at home and we can not afford to have him suspended against Santos.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,890 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Agree. Go with a mix of starters and subs. Sit Murillo and Bwp, maybe start DE7 up top, Duncan at right back. If Lade is good to go, start him over taxi.

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,366 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

First league game is Saturday afternoon in Columbus, so I definitely think we should go B Team all the way and have starters like BWP and Kaku waiting on the bench, just in case.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYJ

That strategy worked last year when the B Team destroyed Portland in the MLS opener.  Might as well run it back.

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,716 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

Hope Tigres get eliminated. 

I don't see Metro getting passed Santos. 

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,400 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Hope Tigres get eliminated. 

I don't see Metro getting passed Santos. 

I don't watch Santos or Liga MX but I watched their first leg game and wasn't impressed by their defense against Marathon. We can definitely take advantage of that if we actually press and go for it.

rhactl7

rhactl7

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts

Why did Valot and Beze play with RBNY II last weekend? Will they be in the 18 Wednesday?

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,511 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia

Why did Valot and Beze play with RBNY II last weekend? Will they be in the 18 Wednesday?

I guess theyre taking it slow with those two. Duncan also?

rhactl7

rhactl7

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts

I'm predicting a mixed team Wednesday. Something like this

Etienne

Royer- Kaku - Muyl

Davis - Rza

Lade - Long - Parker - Duncan

rhactl7

rhactl7

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts

I don't watch Santos or Liga MX but I watched their first leg game and wasn't impressed by their defense against Marathon. We can definitely take advantage of that if we actually press and go for it.

Santos are a decent side. A top 8 Liga MX team. They are getting off to a great start this year. They aren't on the same level as Tigres, Monterrey, and America though. It will be a real good match up but we can definitely beat them. Tigres getting eliminated would be amazing, but I highly doubt they will.

CrazyG

CrazyG

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Interests:Soccer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls / NY Red Bulls II

I'm predicting a mixed team Wednesday. Something like this

Etienne

Royer- Kaku - Muyl

Davis - Rza

Lade - Long - Parker - Duncan

No Way In Hell Does Etienne Start Over BWP on Wednesday (over Muyl maybe)...He will more than likely play on Saturday.  Nothing but the First Choice for the CCL (Like Last Year) and a Reserve heavy line-up for the MLS Game (again...Same as Last Year)

rhactl7

rhactl7

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts

No Way In Hell Does Etienne Start Over BWP on Wednesday (over Muyl maybe)...He will more than likely play on Saturday.  Nothing but the First Choice for the CCL (Like Last Year) and a Reserve heavy line-up for the MLS Game (again...Same as Last Year)

Completely agree to go first team for CCL. Just think that we already have this series in the bag and want to give BWP any rest he can get. It's a weird scenario because we don't want that many starters playing in CLB, then be on short rest for next Wednesday against Santos.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users