#1 chengb02

chengb02

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • Supports:Fire/Arsenal/GuoAn

Posted 06 April 2006 - 12:52 PM

hey all, I just got these 2 pages, some interesting stuff that I'm sure some will appreciate (my biggest surprise was how high Dallas was rated).
here is one person's rating of the top 15 skylines and here is a greater breakdown of it. The first one has Chicago as 2nd, the other one has us as 5th...

#2 Es Brennt

Es Brennt

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts
  • Supports:FIRE

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:22 PM

Not even a runner up for San Francisco?

I like Berlin too....maybe not that tall, but a wierd collection of architecture.
www.theredcardna.org

#3 mactheknife

mactheknife

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Supports:fire, charlton, PSG, rangers

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:29 PM

I like Dallas.

I know we talk shit, but I'm down there a lot to see family and it's not a bad city at all.
this guy...this fuckin guy

#4 mactheknife

mactheknife

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Supports:fire, charlton, PSG, rangers

Posted 07 April 2006 - 02:59 AM

Only been to a suburb of FW, wasn't impressed...but then again.......
this guy...this fuckin guy

#5 meto

meto

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 09:17 AM

such a subjective thing. skyscrapers don't really do it for me. san francisco from any one of the hills would top that list as far as i'm concerned. also rome from the spanish steps, paris from sacre coeur, and let's not forget warsaw at sunset  :lol:

#6 iwishiweremingus1

iwishiweremingus1

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • Supports:take a wild guess.

Posted 07 April 2006 - 10:32 AM

oh man, rome from the spanish steps is like heaven. and for pure wonder value, can you fuck with jerusalem?

#7 iwishiweremingus1

iwishiweremingus1

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 10:37 AM

on the opening page of the site (with the quote), there seems to be some fire logo seal behind it that i've never seen before. it looks pretty awesome. could you post it without all the other stuff just so i could see it?

#8 WB05 Karl

WB05 Karl

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • Interests:gonzo art criticism, boozes, chicago punk rock, throwing stuff of porches, ruining people's parties, stuff that's loud, Patrick Nagel
  • Supports:the goddamn chicago fire

Posted 07 April 2006 - 12:12 PM

Hold the fucking phone here. This is the CHICAGO FIRE section8 message board. I pretty much never want to read anything positive about Texas EVER on here. Ok?

Berlin is great, so weird. Chicago though, come on, everybody in the world knows it's the shit.

true story: Sunday night, after seeing the Instant Composer Pool Orchestra, I was running back to Union in that shitstorm that was going on. Right when I arrived I was standing outside finishing my "smoke" and happened to see this incredible bolt of lightning hit the Sears Tower and then this huge shower of sparks rained down from the antenna. It was amazing.
:::democracy is not a happy idealistic society were everything is free hugs and freebasing coke in stairwells while police watch (that happens in frankfurt germany). it has it's ups and downs like everything. - WB05 Brandon:::

jawbreaker, constantly.

#9 nsh03

nsh03

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Supports:Man Utd-Fire-Timbers-Rangers-USMNT

Posted 07 April 2006 - 12:19 PM

I was a little surprised to see Seattle so highly ranked TBH. To me the most impressive thing about Seattle is the drive north on I-5 into the city... you come around a curve and the whole city comes into view. I've always loved that, ever since I was a little kid going to Mariner games. It doesn't even come close to comparing to Chicago though! My fiancee had been to all of the big cities on the west coast, but she was in awe of your city when she saw it, especially the view from the Shedd Aquarium at night. There's no way any other city either of us has ever seen compares to that!

And since Seattle was mentioned, I'd like to point out that Portland, while it doesn't have as tall of buildings or a major icon like the Space Needle, is just as pretty (esp. at night):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 11:47 AM

Dallas sucks as a city. Ft. Worth is where it's at.

Dalls sucks! Except for........ :D

#11 Steve the Arsonist

Steve the Arsonist

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts
  • Supports:Fire, Shef. Utd., Hbrg City Islndrs

Posted 08 April 2006 - 03:03 PM

Dallas is a suburb with a skyline. There's not a proper neighborhood in the town.
Hence....Dallas sucks.

#12 iwishiweremingus1

iwishiweremingus1

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 11:49 PM

i gotta hand it to you, that's pretty hot.

#13 gutterhead

gutterhead

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Supports:Fire/Usa-Nat/Chivas-Mexico

Posted 09 April 2006 - 05:32 PM

Thats a kick arse logo, some one should put it on a shirt, patch or sticker.

#14 luc

luc

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 06:18 PM

damn, that is beautiful.  would be interested to see a rundown of all the names on there.  some of them i dont recognize.

#15 kikkoman1231

kikkoman1231

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • Supports:Hawks/Fire/Sox

Posted 09 April 2006 - 06:45 PM

All the names are people who shaped Chicago's history. Some are street names, harbors, etc.. that's why some are familiar. Otherwise you can just wikipedia or google it to find oot, Luc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users