56 replies to this topic

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

The only thing a walkout will accomplish is make the supporters groups look foolish, especially after 43,000 people packed Yankee Stadium yesterday and were chanting "NYC! NYC!"

Think about it -- under Red Bull ownership, the team has won the supporters shield and made a deep playoff run the last season, all while playing in the best stadium in the league. Those accomplishments have more to do with the individual play of BWP, Henry and Cahill (players that Red Bull paid for) than anything Petke was doing. We all criticized Petke's lack of tactics so lets not play revisionist historian and pretend it's all Petke's doing as if he was Sir Alex Ferguson and big bad Red Bull ran him out of town.

Therefore, a pro-Petke walkout is not only foolish but depending on how you look at it, ridiculous considering what Petke's role was.

Bud, just stop.  You're not making any new points, none of your existing points are any good, and it's getting boring.

#RedBullOut

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

The only thing a walkout will accomplish is make the supporters groups look foolish, especially after 43,000 people packed Yankee Stadium yesterday and were chanting "NYC! NYC!"

Think about it -- under Red Bull ownership, the team has won the supporters shield and made a deep playoff run the last season, all while playing in the best stadium in the league. Those accomplishments have more to do with the individual play of BWP, Henry and Cahill (players that Red Bull paid for) than anything Petke was doing. We all criticized Petke's lack of tactics so lets not play revisionist historian and pretend it's all Petke's doing as if he was Sir Alex Ferguson and big bad Red Bull ran him out of town.

Therefore, a pro-Petke walkout is not only foolish but depending on how you look at it, ridiculous considering what Petke's role was.

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Yeah, take a couple of plays off BWP99

maxresdefault.jpg

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

beefyT

beefyT

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Supports:Taco Tuesday

We all criticized Petke's lack of tactics ...

But I thought that you were new to these boards?

MetroCab

MetroCab

Brilliant!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

How many times must it be spelled out for you that Peke's firing was the just the most recent and most painful of 8 years of Red Bull blunders?  It's not really hard to grasp.  #RedBullOut is not a movement based solely on Petke's firing.

KeepitCasual

KeepitCasual

New Signing

• Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

Honestly why in the world would Red Bull sell now?  The league is growing, they are finally recognizing the past history and the team has experienced its best few years in its history.  The area around Red Bull arena is going to be insane in the next few years.  They are linking the reserve side/USL (whatever) to the history by playing at Columbia.  They have young stars and people are really embracing either the Red side or the Blue side.  Chiteh is coming back down off their high and the newness is already wearing off judging by half the people attending the second match as the first.  Yankee stadium is horrible to watch a match and instead of bitching about everything why not embrace you have a decent ownership group that has invested a lot of money into OUR LOCAL CLUB!!!!!  Who gives a shit Red Bull is an energy drink?  I have yet to hear anyone outside of a small group in 101 that really sees at as an issue including going overseas.  I don't know what you people want?  You bitch about we don't have enough homegrown, we have to many old farts, we fire a legend (who's lets be honest was only here by default), but you hire one of the best minds in USA soccer circles.  I think the Petke move was shitty, but guess what thats sports.  Instead of being so negative why don't you put that effort into supporting this whole club and bringing in new faces.  Instead of wasting $5k on a Red Bull out sign why not make a sign to come join us.  Fuck off with this bullshit RedBullOut and wishing for Adler or some other rich asshole to come back and give you back your glorious Metro... #RedBullin 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
Fuck off back to the viktards.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Haig

Haig

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:Bora Bora Metro

you have a decent ownership group that has invested a lot of money into OUR LOCAL CLUB!!!!! 

Anybody who has seen the last ten years play out and then claims that Red Bull gives one single small shit about this being our LOCAL CLUB (!!!!!) is a fucking idiot.

╔╦╗┌─┐┌┬┐┬─┐┌─┐  ╔═╗┌─┐┬─┐┌─┐┬  ┬┌─┐┬─┐
║║║├┤  │ ├┬┘│ │  ╠╣ │ │├┬┘├┤ └┐┌┘├┤ ├┬┘
╩ ╩└─┘ ┴ ┴└─└─┘  ╚  └─┘┴└─└─┘ └┘ └─┘┴└─

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Honestly why in the world would Red Bull sell now?  The league is growing, they are finally recognizing the past history and the team has experienced its best few years in its history.  The area around Red Bull arena is going to be insane in the next few years.  They are linking the reserve side/USL (whatever) to the history by playing at Columbia.  They have young stars and people are really embracing either the Red side or the Blue side.  Chiteh is coming back down off their high and the newness is already wearing off judging by half the people attending the second match as the first.  Yankee stadium is horrible to watch a match and instead of bitching about everything why not embrace you have a decent ownership group that has invested a lot of money into OUR LOCAL CLUB!!!!!  Who gives a shit Red Bull is an energy drink?  I have yet to hear anyone outside of a small group in 101 that really sees at as an issue including going overseas.  I don't know what you people want?  You bitch about we don't have enough homegrown, we have to many old farts, we fire a legend (who's lets be honest was only here by default), but you hire one of the best minds in USA soccer circles.  I think the Petke move was shitty, but guess what thats sports.  Instead of being so negative why don't you put that effort into supporting this whole club and bringing in new faces.  Instead of wasting $5k on a Red Bull out sign why not make a sign to come join us.  Fuck off with this bullshit RedBullOut and wishing for Adler or some other rich asshole to come back and give you back your glorious Metro... #RedBullin 

"They are linking the reserve side/USL (whatever) to the history by playing at Columbia"

WTF?

"Instead of being so negative why don't you put that effort into supporting this whole club and bringing in new faces..."

Have a little respect for the people who have been supporting this team for 20 years, asshole.   You think you can just show up out of nowhere and tell the people  who STARTED IT ALL, WHO TAUGHT THE LEAGUE WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A SUPPORTER GROUP, WHO HAVE PAID THEIR FUCKING DUES, how they should support this team?   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

I've never seen scouse get that angry before, but well played man.

#RedBullOut

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

"They are linking the reserve side/USL (whatever) to the history by playing at Columbia"

WTF?

"Instead of being so negative why don't you put that effort into supporting this whole club and bringing in new faces..."

Have a little respect for the people who have been supporting this team for 20 years, asshole.   You think you can just show up out of nowhere and tell the people  who STARTED IT ALL, WHO TAUGHT THE LEAGUE WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A SUPPORTER GROUP, WHO HAVE PAID THEIR FUCKING DUES, how they should support this team?   

Just be thankfull for this: the guy was going to type for 90 minutes but he got so shitfaced before he started he was only able to type for 5.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Metro1996

Metro1996

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
I think at this point the fans hate each other more than we hate Red Bull.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users