134 replies to this topic

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Yeah, exactly.  The last reports have it at 1.5 mill so it's pretty clear that they were just doing what he wanted and letting him go.   I could care less about the amount because as long as we get the max allocation, that's all that matters.

Why? We dont use the money?

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Awesome player for us. So glad DC United waived him.

He saw shit getting really, really, really bad under Hamlet and Armas and got out before rock bottom.

Very intelligent move by Kemar.

Best of luck and Ill be following and rooting for you.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I was feeling better about this team for a few hours

That will teach you.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

The team seems to really like Seagrist so gotta assume he's our starter.  That's extremely gutsy (and probably stupid) so let's see what happens.  Duncan was never good on the left side so that shouldn't happen.   I'm not sure Buck was good anywhere so hard to get behind that.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Why? We dont use the money?

Probably, but that's the only real usable money anyway.  Anything on top would go to stuff the team already spends a good amount of money on.  

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

The team seems to really like Seagrist so gotta assume he's our starter.  That's extremely gutsy (and probably stupid) so let's see what happens.  Duncan was never good on the left side so that shouldn't happen.   I'm not sure Buck was good anywhere so hard to get behind that.

Some college scrub is gonna be the starter now for the entire year? How can anyone think that is a good idea?

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Is anyone actually surprised? Kemar has been looking to move abroad for YEARS, he's just been way less whiny about it than the likes of Murillo, Kaku, or Long.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Some college scrub is gonna be the starter now for the entire year? How can anyone think that is a good idea?

Maybe that isn't their plan.  Don't know.

But a lot of college kids have turned into good players.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Is anyone actually surprised? Kemar has been looking to move abroad for YEARS, he's just been way less whiny about it than the likes of Murillo, Kaku, or Long.

In a vacuum, I'm not surprised or even disappointed.

When you take into account that this offeseason we've dumped BWP, Robles, Murillo, and Taxi, Robles essentially said that Denis doesn't know what he's doing, Taxi said that the team seems to have no intention in being competitive next year, and the FO has shown zero signs of bringing in a player who will clearly improve the starting XI outside of the normal buzz-phrases that they've said for years (we're looking for someone who fits the system, we can spend if we need to, etc.)...

It's the context of this entire offseason that makes this move look so bad.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Maybe that isn't their plan.  Don't know.

But a lot of college kids have turned into good players.

I know the whole "lol they're gonna replace him with a USL scrub" joke is the default reaction of 90% of fans right now, and that's not totally unfair, but its kind of funny to see it in reference to Kemar considering his resume when we signed him... 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Sad for us
Happy and good luck to Kemar
Great player 2 sheilds and you'll always have Villalba
Great guy too

The Buck is first choice LB is soooo silky as Tarek play LB. now if they sell Long.....,

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

That's true, Tarek wasn't awful at LB.  Maybe that will be the move.  Almost mobile enough to handle it out there and definitely had some good crosses.  Just dangerous with that though because as far as we know, we only have 3 startable CB's.  Nealis wasn't ready and I'm not sure he has the quickness to ever be ready.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts
Doyle too funny

I'm just a guy out there buying all the "Patrick Seagrist Rookie of the Year" stock he can get.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Slomojones

Slomojones

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Supports:NYRB
Somebody call Connor Lade.
This post is dedicated to all the slow defenders of the world. Godspeed! my brothers

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
Tarp the rest of the seats off plz

5 year plan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users