77 replies to this topic

onionsack

onionsack

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos
Its also the Champions League Final that day so that can make for a great pre-game before our match at night.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Hmmm. That sucks. I just got the enhanced license and I was told at the dmv there was no need for a passport with it.

Never heard of the enhanced license... this is news to me.You want to take the choo choo to Montreal?

And Mike you are right about McGill... don't think those jokes would really effect them. Roger Levesque is definitely a solid idea. Need to start researching.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Haig

Haig

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:Bora Bora Metro

That's because people will respond to that question with "merde"

Don't forget "Bapteme! Tabernac! Calice!"
╔╦╗┌─┐┌┬┐┬─┐┌─┐  ╔═╗┌─┐┬─┐┌─┐┬  ┬┌─┐┬─┐
║║║├┤  │ ├┬┘│ │  ╠╣ │ │├┬┘├┤ └┐┌┘├┤ ├┬┘
╩ ╩└─┘ ┴ ┴└─└─┘  ╚  └─┘┴└─└─┘ └┘ └─┘┴└─

goddam

goddam

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Never heard of the enhanced license... this is news to me.

It's only available in New York and a couple other states.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts

It's only available in New York and a couple other states.

Interesting.... wasn't aware.

Some further reading from DMV.org:

Much of the spirit behind the PASS Card also applies to the Enhanced Driver License (EDL). Convenience, portability, and cost are the big selling points here. If you are a licensed driver, check to see if your state has developed an EDL program in conjunction with the Department of Homeland Security. Currently, only Washington State, Vermont, New York, and Michigan are fully up and running with EDLs. However, Arizona, Texas, and California are making progress with their programs, too.

Like PASS Cards, EDLs are only accepted at land and sea border crossings, not for air travel. The license contains radio-frequency microchipping that uniquely identifies you in CBP databases, which should promote a more expeditious cross. EDLs will be approved forms of identification, in full compliance with the new WHTI security measures.

<H3 class=h3tag>Specifics</H3>

• Same as your driver license, with enhanced security features
  • Currently only available in Washington State, Vermont, Michigan, and New York
  • Approved for border crossing by land or sea, not by air

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Charlestown Chiefs

Charlestown Chiefs

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order Hockey,Beer,Metro,Women
  • Supports:Metro/RB USMNT NY RANGERS BAYERN
i like this train idea alot

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
I took the Amtrak in 2007 with MetroTard, Hoboken16 and Nate and it was a 12-13 hour ride.

Will never do that again, just way to long to be on a train when for a couple hundred dollars more (Amtrak ticket was like 135 round trip in 2007) I can fly to Montreal from NYC and be there is less than 2 hours.

If you can get a large group to go it might not be so bad. We brank like a case of beer on the way. But if you smoke you will hate life because you have only about 1 chance at the halfway point to get a cig in.

Charlestown Chiefs

Charlestown Chiefs

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts

I took the Amtrak in 2007 with MetroTard, Hoboken16 and Nate and it was a 12-13 hour ride.

Will never do that again, just way to long to be on a train when for a couple hundred dollars more (Amtrak ticket was like 135 round trip in 2007) I can fly to Montreal from NYC and be there is less than 2 hours.

If you can get a large group to go it might not be so bad. We brank like a case of beer on the way. But if you smoke you will hate life because you have only about 1 chance at the halfway point to get a cig in.

can you byob on that train ?

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts

We did. Not sure if it was technicially allowed.

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT
Im in if the Devils are eliminated from the playoffs. Which hopefully they wont be.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
Haven't taken Amtrak in ages...

Do you have to go through security like the airports? Or is just like commuter lines? Bring your bag and walk on the train?

Edit to Add:

Per Amtrak's Website:

<H1>Personal Food, Beverages and Medication

Food

Bring your food aboard
You may bring your own food and beverages onboard for consumption at your seat or private Sleeping Car accommodations. However, you can only consume food and beverages purchased in Dining and Lounge Cars in those cars. Personal food and beverages are allowed in the upper level of Superliner Sightseer Lounges.

Federal health regulations prohibit Amtrak personnel from handling your food, heating it in our ovens, or storing it in our refrigerators.

Planning for contingencies
Unfortunately, trains are sometimes delayed and food supplies may become limited. If you have special dietary requirements, or a condition such as diabetes, we suggest that you carry sufficient food with you to meet your needs in the event of a delay or other contingency.

Alcoholic Beverages

Beverage service
We serve alcoholic beverages onboard trains in most Dining, Lounge and Cafe Cars.

Private stock
You may bring aboard your own private stock of alcoholic beverages subject to the following limitations:

• You may consume private stock alcoholic beverages only in Sleeping Car accommodations for which you have a valid ticket.
  • You may not consume private stock alcoholic beverages in any public areas.

</H1>

MetroTard

MetroTard

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts
  • Supports:Eric D

Are you kidding? I had a suitcase full of tallboys that didn't make it to Lake champlain.

Guys as great as the train idea is/was, in practice it was a nightmare. What should have been a ten hour ride ends up being 13 when you factor in the border stop, and all the rinky dink stops chugging along at 5 miles an hour. At one point there is only one track so you have to wait for the southbound train to come down before you can start again.

You think the recycled air on airplanes is bad?

Oh and after awhile the bar car runs out of all food and drink, the bathrooms that everyone has been shitting in runs out of teepee.

Spend the extra money to fly.

Rob Money

Rob Money

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Are you kidding? I had a suitcase full of tallboys that didn't make it to Lake champlain.

Guys as great as the train idea is/was, in practice it was a nightmare. What should have been a ten hour ride ends up being 13 when you factor in the border stop, and all the rinky dink stops chugging along at 5 miles an hour. At one point there is only one track so you have to wait for the southbound train to come down before you can start again.

You think the recycled air on airplanes is bad?

Oh and after awhile the bar car runs out of all food and drink, the bathrooms that everyone has been shitting in runs out of teepee.

Spend the extra money to fly.

So find a guy with a van and pack it with people is the option for us that don't want to spend $400+ ?

MetroTard

MetroTard

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts
  • Supports:Eric D

So find a guy with a van and pack it with people is the option for us that don't want to spend $400+ ?

Yeah. Too many variables outside your control on the train. Driving, at least you decide when you can stop and re-stock.

Charlestown Chiefs

Charlestown Chiefs

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts

Yeah. Too many variables outside your control on the train. Driving, at least you decide when you can stop and re-stock.

the drive isnt half bad, its a straight shot north on the thruway, its not like toronto when you have to switch roads a bunch of times and you get stuck driving in no mans land for a few hours

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users