34 replies to this topic

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
I want this guy to step in and be ready to play a lot of minutes. Signing guys is great, but we need immediate contributors.

Walking into 2020 with a 75-80% similar starting XI from a 6th place team in an improving league is not good.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I want this guy to step in and be ready to play a lot of minutes. Signing guys is great, but we need immediate contributors.

Walking into 2020 with a 75-80% similar starting XI from a 6th place team in an improving league is not good.

and 2 other teams in-division brought in higher end personnel. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Jesus fucking Christ, you people.

He hasn't played for the U20s since March because he fucking turned 20 on January 21st. He just barely met the age cutoff for the U20 South American Championship, which started mid-January.

Fine, I fucked up the U20 stat by not realizing he was ineligible. Doesn't change the fact that his resume is on par if not worse than Jorgenson, and will require a multi-million transfer fee, which, if past is president, means that he's probably our "big" move for the window.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Fine, I fucked up the U20 stat by not realizing he was ineligible. Doesn't change the fact that his resume is on par if not worse than Jorgenson, and will require a multi-million transfer fee, which, if past is president, means that he's probably our "big" move for the window.

Based on what? You looked at his international caps and games played and decided that's enough information? Like, what the fuck is that?

What is Jorgensen's resume, exactly? Numerous youth caps and a few spells for a decent senior team? Do you know how many players around the world, past and present, that more or less describes? Some of them grew into starters for Champions League clubs and some of them wouldn't start for a USL club. Kevin de Bruyne was also a 19-year-old who had some youth caps and a only a few games for Genk. Would he have been a bad signing? Please give me specifics on how and why Insaurralde's resume is closer to Jorgensen's than it is de Bruyne's. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Based on what? You looked at his international caps and games played and decided that's enough information? Like, what the fuck is that?

What is Jorgensen's resume, exactly? Numerous youth caps and a few spells for a decent senior team? Do you know how many players around the world, past and present, that more or less describes? Some of them grew into starters for Champions League clubs and some of them wouldn't start for a USL club. Kevin de Bruyne was also a 19-year-old who had some youth caps and a only a few games for Genk. Would he have been a bad signing? Please give me specifics on how and why Insaurralde's resume is closer to Jorgensen's than it is de Bruyne's. 

obviously, everyone was no one at some point, but at 19 De Bruyne was a regular starter on the Belgian league champions. But we have no track record of succesful international signings of players that age and price tag.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

obviously, everyone was no one at some point, but at 19 De Bruyne was a regular starter on the Belgian league champions. But we have no track record of succesful international signings of players that age and price tag.

Do we have a track record of failed international signings of players that age and price tag? Jorgensen is one. Is that it? That's what we're going to base this off of? Would signing Barcelona defenders be a shitty idea since we have a "bad track record" of that, AKA one failed attempt?

Please enlighten me as to the similarities between Jorgensen and this guy that go beyond "young guy who didn't crack the senior team yet."

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Would signing Barcelona defenders be a shitty idea since we have a "bad track record" of that, AKA one failed attempt?

ONE failed attempt? How can you forget:

alo.jpg

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

ONE failed attempt? How can you forget:

alo.jpg

Barcelona B is, like, totally different man!!!

Sandman527

Sandman527

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

different leagues and all...

when we acquired Casseres, he had played a dozen games in VEN, no recollection of what RBNY paid for him. 

Insaurralde played about the same number of games in ARG, but he won't come as cheap as Casseres. The team needs help in midfield and maybe this move can be helpful. Prob is, not much stuff to go on wrt how the guy is as a player. As a result, ppl being hesitant is natural, imo. Conversely, I was fine with Kaku's pickup, cuz he had played 70+ games for Huracan. And there was enough footage of him in action, added with all the decent to good things said about him during his transfer from Huracan ppl.

CCJ was a free transfer. Hamlett beat NYCFC on a discovery claim by a week.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

At age 19, de Bruyne was a starter for the best team in Belgium and playing in Europa league qualifiers. He also had racked up over 50 professional appearances, a handful of youth national team appearances, and earned his first Belgium callup.

Prior to his move, Jorgenson had 16 professional appearances, most of them as a substitute for a good team in Denmark.

Insaurralde got 8 appearances for a team than finished 1 point above dead last in Argentina last season. This year, now that the team had improved to mid-table, he can't even make the bench.

Wow, I literally can't tell if Insaurralde's resume is more like Jorgenson or de Bruyne.

You're being wilfully obtuse, nobody is writing this off as a bad singing in a vacuum, we're saying that the first team needs more. If you seriously think that someone who can't make the bench for his team is going to solve our problems, I dont know what to tell you.

The pessimism is based on the fact that unless we're bucking a major trend of our FO, this is our one million+ transfer of the window.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
After all this off-season radio silence and watching other top (can we claim that status anymore?) teams add quality pieces, it's an undeniably underwhelming first rumor. The front office is not at all moving with the urgency (ability? intention?) to win back the fan base.

Robles' damning quote on Hamlett doing his best with what he knows, and Taxi's on the teams unwillingness to invest funds in taking the team to the next level have some resonance here.

The fact that THIS is our first rumor, almost 2 months into the off-season is a big ass red flag. More bargain basement "good enough" red bull trash.

Give us two exciting DP rumors and the story would change of course. Color me a deep shade of cynical.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Seems like he is a project with the upside to be a good MLS player.

According to FIFA 19, ( i know, valuable source on player intel) he is a 61 rating but has a 76 potential. Can play cm, cdm and cam.

It wouldnt be a bad pick up

He also has a release clause, according to FIFA 19, that is less than 700k.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
If this was our third rumored signing after two exciting and legit starters/stars added, the tone around here would be different.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
The club doesn't need any more projects right now.

They need an Ibrahimovic/Vela/Ruidiaz/Bou/Pozuelo-type signing who can start banging in goals fairly quickly after joining.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

The club doesn't need any more projects right now.

They need an Ibrahimovic/Vela/Ruidiaz/Bou/Pozuelo-type signing who can start banging in goals fairly quickly after joining.

Sadly, after what Ham Sandwich has done to the academy, we probably can use a few projects.     That is entirely independent of us having a greater need for immediate impact players.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users