Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Keep and Start:
Meara, Long, Pendant, Kaku, Yearwood

Keep for Bench: Jensen, Duncan, Egbo, Parker, Seagrist or Tolkin, Tarek, CCJ, Davis, Fernandez, Valot, Stroud, Mines, White, Tetteh

Waive: McIntosh (case can be made to keep as third keeper at USL for the season given how poor Lapsley has been), Nealis, Seagrist or Tolkin, Lema, Rza, Royer, Barlow, and Jorgensen

Add from USL/HGP: Caden Clark, Kevin O'Toole, possibly Kyle Zajec

benching most of our starters ;-)

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Surprised there are people that think right back needs an upgrade.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

One thing to keep in mind about Parker and his salary, most of it's being paid with MLS funny money that we literally get for free every year. Max cap hit is still a lot for a CB but if we think there's an equal player out there for ~400k and we can use that TAM on better attacking players...

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I dunno, I stand by what I said after the MLS is Back Tournament that many players on our roster are not MLS caliber and belong in USL or waived. The guys people listed as "needs time to develop" do not belong with the first team. Send back to USL and keep them there until they can contribute and add value immediately. So what's that leave us with? Four starters left on the field that are worth keeping? Otherwise, overhaul the roster, admit some guys just can't compete with the likes of Columbus, Philly, Toronto or Atlanta right now and go out and find players who can. And it's not gonna be via the draft. Oh yea, and we're looking for new coach too and that's going to have huge impact on the roster moves.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

I dunno, I stand by what I said after the MLS is Back Tournament that many players on our roster are not MLS caliber and belong in USL or waived. The guys people listed as "needs time to develop" do not belong with the first team. Send back to USL and keep them there until they can contribute and add value immediately.

Certain players won't grow anymore against USL competition, they need to be brought up.  If they can't play, move them on.  There are some, like Fernandez & Mines, that can contribute now, but they need to continue to develop into players we can rely on game in and game out.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Certain players won't grow anymore against USL competition, they need to be brought up.

Part of the issue is that the gap between USL and MLS is enormous. So players like Mines, Omir, or Jorgensen aren't getting anything out of USL, but they're also not getting much from being well off the pace in MLS.

It would be nice if the roster rules were a little looser, so guys in that awkward middle area could be under contract and loaned out to leagues that are more in their current ability range.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

The guys people listed as "needs time to develop" do not belong with the first team. 

Its a common sentiment across all sports, but the thought that every single young player will jump to the next level through sheer force of playing time has always driven me a little crazy.

Any player with the true potential to make it to the next level will show a lot of that potential in their first season, even if they're rough around the edges. If a guy has ~500-1000 min in MLS and still looks totally out place, they're probably just not up for it. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Its a common sentiment across all sports, but the thought that every single young player will jump to the next level through sheer force of playing time has always driven me a little crazy.

Any player with the true potential to make it to the next level will show a lot of that potential in their first season, even if they're rough around the edges. If a guy has ~500-1000 min in MLS and still looks totally out place, they're probably just not up for it. 

I don't think Omir and MInes look totally out of place.  They both showed potential in early games. 

Mines especially should be getting more chances - in a year with 5 subs this is the time for him to play.

Omir need to be more consistent and impactful.  Like some coach said - he is a soccer player.

something like 3 of the U17/U18 USYNT players ever go on to full USMNT regulars - just as a development stat not equivalency

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Im not so bothered by whomever occupies the bottom 10 roster spots. They dont count toward the cap, and they should be filled with guys who still need development at the USL, are decent depth pieces for the first team, or guys who can develop further in MLS.

Assuming it goes back to a smaller gameday roster in 2021 and 3 subs, some of those guys wont be on the bench most matches anyway.

If they need to clear out a few guys for some of the higher performing players at RB2 (Clark, Sowe, Lacava, etc.) thats fine.

With the complaints about the lack of top end talent on the senior roster or certain players that arent seen to be good enough or surplus, there should be a decent amount of turnover there.

There are probably some guys who you arent going to get much more out of here, or have been consumed by the rot of the previous regime.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,144 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

One thing to keep in mind about Parker and his salary, most of it's being paid with MLS funny money that we literally get for free every year. Max cap hit is still a lot for a CB but if we think there's an equal player out there for ~400k and we can use that TAM on better attacking players...

LAFC got cute and tried the same thing with Zimmermann and now they are conceding goals like expansion Cincy.  Our payroll is low and we have a Young DP cap hit so we should be able to figure it out.  Strongly prefer we kept Parker.  

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

LAFC got cute and tried the same thing with Zimmermann and now they are conceding goals like expansion Cincy.  Our payroll is low and we have a Young DP cap hit so we should be able to figure it out.  Strongly prefer we kept Parker.  

Exactly. Even with Velas injury, that team still has Rossi & Rodriguez and BWP. Yet they only have one more point than us, because theyre a mess in the back.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Start:
Meara, Pendant, Long, Parker, duncan/egbo; davis, Yearwood, Valot; stroud, tetteh, Mines

Keep for Bench: Jensen, Tarek, CCJ, Fernandez, jorgensen, white

Send to USL: seagrist, tolkin, mcintosh, nealis

Waive: Lema, Rza,

Sell: kaku and royer

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Start:
Meara, Pendant, Long, Parker, duncan/egbo; davis, Yearwood, Valot; stroud, tetteh, Mines

Keep for Bench: Jensen, Tarek, CCJ, Fernandez, jorgensen, white

Send to USL: seagrist, tolkin, mcintosh, nealis

Waive: Lema, Rza,

Sell: kaku and royer

If that is our roster next season we arent winning many games 😳

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

If that is our roster next season we arent winning many games 😳

Depends. We need a mobile poacher to make this work. White could have been the answer but he doesnt look like the same player. Seems like he is not 100%. I also know nothing abt tetteh.

Not sold on kaku. He just doesnt fit. Not aggressive on the offensive end. Doesnt play defense. Ih he played with royer's heart, he would be a 20-30m player. But he doesnt andvwho knowd Where you play him? Rather have valot pull the strings.

And for royer, he has been a trooper. If we unload him now we could get something of value. If we cant, then he is a 60 min player in this team. I am a fan of stroud and mines. Both play fearless and with a lot of aggression. I dont think we will have a significant drop if royer is sold.

Ideally, i would like to bundle money from a royer and kaku sale and bring in a complete forward. Maybe a longterm dp contract for michy batshuayi, jhon cordoba or borja mayoral. Cordoba would be my preference.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Not sold on kaku. He just doesnt fit. Not aggressive on the offensive end. Doesnt play defense. Where do you play him? Rather have valot pull the strings.

I am a fan of stroud 

the fuck?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users