231 replies to this topic

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

God why do I even get my hopes up with this team.

My minimum to continue giving this team money is an attacking mid / royer position and ST with at least the possibility of being MLS all star quality.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Cheap ass owners going to be cheap ass owners.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Motherfucking inept penny-pinching douchebags.     If you have a budget, then go after players in your budget!    If you think a guy is worth $4M, he's probably worth 5.  Constantly wasting time on deals that they can't get across the line.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

"bUt ThEy PaId TwO miL fOr StoOber"

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

I just don't get it.    They offered $4M+, apparently.   They can't go to 5 for this guy?  That's not cheap, that's inept.  Get the damn deals done.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

This team needs a closer when it comes to getting players. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
Not sure you can blame either club here at the moment. RB probably set a budget hoping to pick up a player who clearly wants out and Norrköping is in a similar situation to the one we were in with Kaku and America.

This could very well be more posturing on both sides. Or maybe the deal really is dead. We'll see, but Thelwell and company are clearly not just standing pat this winter.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

I just don't get it.    They offered $4M+, apparently.   They can't go to 5 for this guy?  That's not cheap, that's inept.  Get the damn deals done.

They can surely go 5 but they probably don't think he's worth that. It would be pinching pennies if we were talking about a $50M transfer, but the extra $1M in a 25% increase on the price.

This is only relevant and a defense of the club if they are going to spend the money elsewhere. If not getting him means not getting anyone of substance then they can fuck off. 

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador
Something something wasn't the right fit something something we are looking for the right fit something something we are confident with the current team something something we are ok with 6th place and no open cup and no champions league spot something something we get bounced in first round AGAIN something something we have to look at positives...we made the playoffs and...hmmmm and...something something welcome to 2022 :) Rinse repeat profit "run with us"

LONG LIVE METRO

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

People who cover the team want us to be happy that the richest owner in MLS tried to make a signing that should be the bare minimum for a competitive team and then ran away over a million dollars.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

They can surely go 5 but they probably don't think he's worth that. It would be pinching pennies if we were talking about a $50M transfer, but the extra $1M in a 25% increase on the price.

This is only relevant and a defense of the club if they are going to spend the money elsewhere. If not getting him means not getting anyone of substance then they can fuck off

If they don't have a backup deal done very quickly, they suck at their jobs.   

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

This is only relevant and a defense of the club if they are going to spend the money elsewhere. If not getting him means not getting anyone of substance then they can fuck off. 

None of this is that precise.   Can you really look at a guy and say whether they are 4M player or a 5M player?     That would only be reasonable if they thought he was a 2M or 3M player (Jorgensen money) and were willing to go to 4.   But if all they are looking at are 2 or 3M players, then what the fuck?

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
In a normal world, I wouldn't mind this. But with this team, there's no reason for anyone to be confident that the team will pivot and actually sign an alternative.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

profit

How could there be any profit in this shoestring operation?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
If they are unwilling to spend big, why does Thelwell keep sniffing around Europe?

Personally I never heard of this guy and $5 million seems kinda steep for another project player. This teams needs an immediate impact signing, not another developmental DP that Red Bull will try to "sell" to Salzburg or Leipzig two years from now.

There is no veteran presence they can sign for $4 million? Why not make an offer for Giroud at that price. Get someone who can put on the shirt and immediately start banging in goals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users