Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

quella minchia sporca

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I get being pissed at Rossi, but realistically he was trying to play at the highest level that he could. 

He's 31 and his career in the top leagues in Europe is effectively over. I could see him being content finishing his career here.

I havent seen him play at all though, so I cant speak to if he can still play at an MLS level or has followed the aging curve of Shaun Wright Phillips. 

Club is where you play at the highest level you can. The country you play for is different. The one you choose matters. That said, I have nothing against Rossi and would welcome him with open arms if he was healthy. Unfortunately for him, that hasnt been the case since 2014.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts
  • Supports:Metro

He woulnd't be a terrible low-end TAM signing, but come on.  This is a SWP, MLS 2015 level signing, and I think we're better than that.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

and SWP was paid $100k that season. this is worse than Dilly Duka

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
I doubt his salary demands will enter the TAM territory. If he shows well then im all for it

5 year plan

N8ballz

N8ballz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts
  • Supports:metro
He lives in North Haledon the last time I checked and has been around for a couple of my cousins son's town games. I think he's just staying connected to soccer while he's home. Why not practice with red bull if you can.

And Olsen didn't turn DC into a bunch of whining, diving.. oh, nevermind

-MetroSquard

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,422 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I was about to say, doesn't he do this every summer?

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Club is where you play at the highest level you can. The country you play for is different. The one you choose matters. That said, I have nothing against Rossi and would welcome him with open arms if he was healthy. Unfortunately for him, that hasnt been the case since 2014.

Lots of guys pick their national team strategically. Jones, Chandler, and others play for the US because they weren't good enough for Germany. Same with Sam and Ghana/England.

conversely, Juan De Guzman picked Netherlands over Canada because he wanted to play in bigger tournaments with higher stakes. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

He lives in North Haledon the last time I checked ... 

Perhaps this comes off stranger than you intended.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

i dont see him as a guy that will be able to press. didnt he lose most of his speed? does he have any speed?

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

I doubt that Hamlett/Armas are really interested in Rossi, but he's available on a free and would be the backup to BWP that we all want, assuming he's willing to play that role.

11Redknapp15

11Redknapp15

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Supports:Metro Liverpool Lokomotiv Sounders

Traitor ? Can't believe this argument still has a breath.

12 fucking years old he leaves for the Italy, where his parents are off the boat from none the less, goes to Parma and Man Utd on a school boy contract but it's Clifton youth football which developed him and where his heart should be ?  Retarded.  

Metrostars FC -- "The hardest FC in the world"
Метро Красное Общество Звезды

If only all footballers were like David Bentley

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Lots of guys pick their national team strategically. Jones, Chandler, and others play for the US because they weren't good enough for Germany. Same with Sam and Ghana/England.

conversely, Juan De Guzman picked Netherlands over Canada because he wanted to play in bigger tournaments with higher stakes. 

Jones, Chandler, and Sam couldnt play for their birth country. Thats different than Rossis situation. Canada never makes the World Cup. The US has made every World Cup Italy has since Rossi has chosen who to play for.

Traitor ? Can't believe this argument still has a breath.

12 fucking years old he leaves for the Italy, where his parents are off the boat from none the less, goes to Parma and Man Utd on a school boy contract but it's Clifton youth football which developed him and where his heart should be ?  Retarded.  

I wouldnt call Rossi a traitor, he had every right and reason to choose Italy over the US. That said, Im not calling him a local kid because he lived here until he 12 and then choose a non-US country to represent. His choice was a clear statement he feels Italian, not American.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

His choice was a clear statement he feels Italian, not American.

The choice which country to play for is binary; how people feel is a lot more nuanced. He may feel Italian or he may have made that choice (in part or fully) because of career/NT success considerations. He could also easily still think of NJ as home.

N8ballz

N8ballz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts
  • Supports:metro

Perhaps this comes off stranger than you intended.

Haha. I see that. Frieslander lives right down the street from him and we haven't talked in a while.

And Olsen didn't turn DC into a bunch of whining, diving.. oh, nevermind

-MetroSquard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users