Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

I smell a summer Wednesday reschedule

Very likely. My guess is probably a noon time game in July when the temperature is over 90°. I hear those are popular.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

bukie2k

bukie2k

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts
  • Supports:ManU, Cosmos, Metros

Very likely. My guess is probably a noon time game in July when the temperature is over 90°. I hear those are popular.

The 2003 game at Giants Stadium - the petroleum smell coming off the Fieldturf as it baked in the sun that day is still with me. It was like watching a game in a Sears Tire & Auto showroom.

When you are born, you get a ticket to the freak show. If you are born in the United States, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

jamison

jamison

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

The 2003 game at Giants Stadium - the petroleum smell coming off the Fieldturf as it baked in the sun that day is still with me. It was like watching a game in a Sears Tire & Auto showroom.

So many wins from that day: 

The FO telling me the thought it was a good way to get kids & camps out to the game.

Jimmy Conrad nearly passing out & requiring IV fluids.

Watching people drink spiked iced coffee at 9am in Lot 16A.

Thinking I was getting sick from the smell of burning plastic. 

Never change, Metro. 

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

This game and the Chicago game a few years ago at RBA were the hottest I've ever been at a sporting event.  Absolutely gross.  

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

LongLiveTheBeautifulGame

LongLiveTheBeautifulGame

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Arsenal, USMNT, & the 4-2-3-1

I prefer a reschedule. Right now I think this match would be 3 points for KC. Gives us a couple months to gel as a team.

With Europa, Champs League, FA Cup and EPL all heating up in March, I can be patient for the benefit of Metro in the end of season standings. All about the endgame. 

bukie2k

bukie2k

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts
  • Supports:ManU, Cosmos, Metros

This game and the Chicago game a few years ago at RBA were the hottest I've ever been at a sporting event.  Absolutely gross.  

I thought the IRE/ITA WC94 game at Giants Stadium was the hottest I ever experienced, it was easily one of the few times I would have welcomed a downpour during a game. That day was a walk in the park compared to the 2003 game.

When you are born, you get a ticket to the freak show. If you are born in the United States, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros

The Bon Jovi reschedule was pretty bad as well. Or maybe it was just absurd, I don't remember.

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

Good maybe MDG and Ali gets fired.  Wasn't that one of the reasons someone got fired for that game that reached 100 and felt like 110?

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

NY-KC was super hot, though honorable mention to that USA- Argentina game back in 2009 or so; Shit was that about as hot as I remember being, full stop, as a human. (temperature wise)

Back to this game, it's supposed to be 54 and sunny that day in KC, going down to 34 at night. If so, not bad weather, really.

I think our team is not ready to be playing games yet with that backline, but, whatever, this is the plan Ali chose.

Hope we win 6-5.

Haig

Haig

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:Bora Bora Metro
Not only will the game be played, it'll be played in nicer weather than July or August in most MLS cities.

A couple freak snowstorms and people wimper at the notion of playing soccer between October and April.
╔╦╗┌─┐┌┬┐┬─┐┌─┐  ╔═╗┌─┐┬─┐┌─┐┬  ┬┌─┐┬─┐
║║║├┤  │ ├┬┘│ │  ╠╣ │ │├┬┘├┤ └┐┌┘├┤ ├┬┘
╩ ╩└─┘ ┴ ┴└─└─┘  ╚  └─┘┴└─└─┘ └┘ └─┘┴└─

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Not only will the game be played, it'll be played in nicer weather than July or August in most MLS cities.

A couple freak snowstorms and people wimper at the notion of playing soccer between October and April.

Not a matter of weather but the status of the CBA. Strike/Lockout unless something major gets done this week.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users