48 replies to this topic

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Any updates on a MSG schedule? I know the deal with them last year was a "multi-year" deal. Season is a week away and nothing released yet?
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

It always seems like the games that are not televised nationally i.e. on Fox Sports or NBCSN are on MSG. I hope its the same this year.  I remember one game that wasn't on any network, but it was streamed free on the official MLS website.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Still nothing. MLS's official site lists other local broadcasters, but not MSG.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

ig101

ig101

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,422 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I am kind of hoping that MSG told them to fuck off #redbullout

beefyT

beefyT

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Supports:Taco Tuesday

confused -- is there a concern that they're not onboard this year?

nlk10010

nlk10010

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

They always seem to be late. The best indicator that they're still on board are the occasional crawls at the bottom of MSG telecasts about Red Bull. My take is they wouldn't bother if they weren't carrying the games.

Either way, it will be real fun when (I presume when is correct) an RB game is a Friday night UniMas exclusive, at least if you don't speak Spanish. Wonderful MLS has somehow screwed this up as the SAP audio doesn't appear to be working, at least in some cases, and I'm one of them (NY area on Verizon FIOS).

"The company loves its money.

If they could, they'd go to strip clubs and throw naked women at money."

Quema

Quema

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ

They always seem to be late. The best indicator that they're still on board are the occasional crawls at the bottom of MSG telecasts about Red Bull. My take is they wouldn't bother if they weren't carrying the games.

Either way, it will be real fun when (I presume when is correct) an RB game is a Friday night UniMas exclusive, at least if you don't speak Spanish. Wonderful MLS has somehow screwed this up as the SAP audio doesn't appear to be working, at least in some cases, and I'm one of them (NY area on Verizon FIOS).

The SAP issues are a TV provider issue, not an MLS issue. I didn't have it either, I contacted my provider (Cablevision) and they said they'd gotten a bunch of reports about it and were looking into fixing it.

Roofles

Roofles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Interests:belligerent love that Red Bulls fans threw his way, in that particularly entitled, disrespectful, yet somehow fiercely loyal manner New York sports fans specialize in.

MSG updated their schedule to 2015 at some point: http://www.msg.com/t...n-schedule.html

You'll notice that there is almost no actual info there. A lot of away days are TBD and MSG showtimes listed, accept one. This matches what's on the MLS schedule as well:

Actually. I take that back. MSG matches rbny's website: http://www.newyorkre...ls.com/schedule but not the MLS website which does have mostly defined times and home TV channels, no MSG(s) yet.: http://tinyurl.com/prfx22f

I created my own google calendar that I'll keep updated as best I can here:

https://www.google.c...merica/New_York

nlk10010

nlk10010

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

The SAP issues are a TV provider issue, not an MLS issue. I didn't have it either, I contacted my provider (Cablevision) and they said they'd gotten a bunch of reports about it and were looking into fixing it.

I understand what you're saying, but whose "issue" it is depends on your definition. It makes no difference if UniMas offers SAP and the providers don't support it or if UniMas doesn't offer SAP:  Either way, a chunk of non-Spanish-speaking fans won't be able to receive audio. That's on MLS, they offered the exclusive (and even went so far as to offer condescending "Instructions" for receiving SAP, but that's irrelevant).

Of course one may say it's no big deal and/or that MLS doesn't care, they're getting a s**tload of money and the Spanish-speaking audience is sufficient. But that's another argument.

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham

For those complaining about the SAP feature, once you hear the English announcers you may just switch back to Spanish.  :D 

nlk10010

nlk10010

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

For those complaining about the SAP feature, once you hear the English announcers you may just switch back to Spanish.  :D 

Yea, I understand, but it's the principle. :)

It appears that UniMas (or at least the local station) is not flagging the English track properly. Following suggestions in another forum I tested FIOS on DisneyHD, which has SAP, and the languages switched perfectly fine. Are you saying you got the English-language commentary?

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham

Yea, I understand, but it's the principle. :)

It appears that UniMas (or at least the local station) is not flagging the English track properly. Following suggestions in another forum I tested FIOS on DisneyHD, which has SAP, and the languages switched perfectly fine. Are you saying you got the English-language commentary?

Didn't try on cable, but I did online on UniMas's online stream.

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

That's very much true. They almost spent the whole match promoting the feature rather than the match itself. Went back to Spanish after ten minutes.

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

I get UniMas over-the-air with my antenna.  Do you need a cable subscription to use their online streaming website or will they allow it for over-the-air viewers too?

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

The English speaking announcers were bad.

I was able to get my SAP to work Friday night on FIOS. It was hard and the instructions were wrong. But I figured it out......kind of lucked into it actually.

Happy to help out if anyone needs assistance.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users