JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Remember when Le Toux was like "I'm available for the US!"
Yeah, buddy, so am I, but I don't think Bruce is knocking down either of our doors.

He should have phoned French Guiana or Martinique!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Stuttgart are looking to move Julian Green.

IMO MLS would be a great place for him to develop and grow. Could turn into the next Landon Donovan story. 

He'd be a perfect fit here for our left midfield position. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

IMO MLS would be a great place for him to develop and grow. Could turn into the next Landon Donovan story. 

I would get him as a DP

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

He hasn't proven himself as anything more than an okay 2 Bundisliga player.

I don't have the borderline obsessive grudge that a lot of US fans seem to have against him, but I'd hope that we could shoot higher than that.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

He hasn't proven himself as anything more than an okay 2 Bundisliga player.

I don't have the borderline obsessive grudge that a lot of US fans seem to have against him, but I'd hope that we could shoot higher than that.

Robles (barely) played at that level. BWP was a good League One player and bad in the Championship. Royer was average in Austria which is below Bundesliga level. These are some of our best players now.

Green is American, young, and has NT-level upside. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if we signed him.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

we'd need to be at the top of the allocation order for him, i would assume. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Green is American, young, and has NT-level upside. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if we signed him.

Nah, don't think so.  I'd take him here on loan, for sure, but I would never expect him to anything more than an MLS reserve.  Every senior level he has played at, he has failed.  There's nothing in his history to indicate that he has the mentality or ability to be a consistent starter at any significant level.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

we'd need to be at the top of the allocation order for him, i would assume. 

Another reason he's absolutely not worth it.  Even if he panned out, we'd have to overpay for a guy who is at best a lateral signing.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Nah, don't think so.  I'd take him here on loan, for sure, but I would never expect him to anything more than an MLS reserve.  Every senior level he has played at, he has failed.  There's nothing in his history to indicate that he has the mentality or ability to be a consistent starter at any significant level.

Splitting hairs, but you don't get to Bayern at 18 if you don't have NT potential. He is obvioisly not at Bayern anymore but he's still only 22. He may not pan out, but you never know.

I'm not saying take him over any other option but it's not like our recent signings have tremendous pedigrees and are guaranteed success stories.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Have you seen the kid play? The kid is very talented and should be on the national team. If given the opportunity he can show similar offensive skills as pulisic. The knock on him is that he is short and thin.

He is a difference maker. I would even argue that he is as good as landon at that age. If rbny can get him or has an opportunity to get him then they need to do it.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
First of this is a long post but give it a read.. Please (short version is sign standout u17 u20 players foreign and domestic that shine at international tournaments)

I remember saying Nahitan Nández a couple of years back should be brought to NY, after he was impressive in the U20 south American wc qualifying tournament was someone that should be brought in as an heir to Dax and Felipe....

He is now a full fledged starter on Uruguay's Men's senior national team and had a great match vs Argentina just last week vs Messi and Co...

Now look.. The kid is a Uruguayan poor man's Kante or Kroos.. Has surpassed Felipe and Dax.. And maybe in a year or two will probably be on Kroos and Kante's level playing against them in champions league for a big club in Europe..

Aaaaaaaaand now Boca Junior stepped in and signed him from his Uruguayan club...

Just saying...

The scout team for NYRB has got to go to these U20 even U 17 WC qualifying tournaments... And not just in South America but central America and Europe and Africa and Asia too and start poaching 18 yo and bring in tournaments MVPs and stand outs in positions the team needs depth.. trail them if they aren't overwhelming MVPs but play in positions the team needs depth in and transfer the MVPs of these tournaments .. Let them play a season for NYRB II and them work them in the full side...

These standouts at u19 and u 20s in some other countries make nothing... Get them before European clubs come knocking..

NYRB can get a 19yo that makes less than a 60k in his foreign club that's already a starter for his club and then stands out for his nation at a u20 tourney and he would be a MLS all-star...Offer a bigger contract than what they already have even if it takes using a u23DP slot it's worth it.. I believe truly believe that these guys are attainable and will be MLS MVP calibre.. Even if they have to fork over a transfer fee of 2 million or 4 million it'll be worth it cuz those players end up sooner or later in Europe and being transferred for ten million and then tens of millions amongst euro clubs....

Metro could never get these guys in their prime so why not get them just before.. When they're still a little raw but outstanding... And at worst have to sell them after a season or two... Those guys could be game changers and cheaper than a TH14.... Or David Villa or Giovinco ...

I swear.. The effing whole front office better go to the u17 world Cup in person next month ..

They better watch every dang minute of every match on video and follow these kids and do homework on them and bring in the standouts when they hit 18... At the worst this should be the way to go as opposed to MLS superdraft

I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts
Agree- Seems like they are doing more younger scouting with Murillo Escobar Flemmings and the Hounduran forward .

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

The problem with 17-18 year olds is that if they light on fire, by 20 they'll be sold to a European club. 

How much longer do we really think Adams will play here? We'd be fortunate to sell him and get him back on a loan deal for next season. Euro clubs are going to want to get his rights on the books ASAP. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

sign standout u17 u20 players foreign and domestic that shine at international tournaments

Can non-homegrown players be signed directly?
Don't MLS clubs have to follow its arcane single-entity rules? Go through a quasi-waiver process where other clubs could snatch the rights to desired players?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
I think even if they get a guy that lights it up and they leave after two o years that's still worth it... In MLS cores of teams last about 2 seasons anyway... And look especially at NYRB... No more Dax, Sam, Grella, Miazga.. Guys that were crucial when Marsch first had success.. The academy will be the bread and butter, but the draft is useless now imo.. It's better to draw from the academy and supplement it with foreign standout u20 u17 once they turn 18 and use the DP to hold on to the best as to at least hold on a season or two more and maybe another DP for standouts that are over 23 like a 26 28 yo Piatti, Lodiero, or Giovinco type or to bring to the US a USMNT player
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users