Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Josef Martínez torn ACL for Atlanta.

Im bummed. Big blow for MLS.

I never Like to see guys get hurt.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Big blow for MLS.

Benefit for Red Bulls.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT
Not a fan of ATL but he was a great goal scorer, and was a big factor in their MLS Cup win. I never root for bad injuries. Hopefully he can recover.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
Crazy that he came back on after the injury. At that point, I figured he had dodged serious injury. No such luck.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
How long before ATL acquire a replacement?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

How long before ATL acquire a replacement?

Daniel Sturridge just terminated his contract in Turkey...

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

bad for MLS - guy has skill   

I don't love the goal celebrations but maybe I was just tired of so MANY of them.  Guy is good for the league as they need more personality (quality doesn't hurt either)

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Crazy that he came back on after the injury. At that point, I figured he had dodged serious injury. No such luck.

I don't get it. The second he goes down, he's pointing to the outside of his knee. He knows it's an ACL.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO
Fuck him.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

If you really want to know the difference between ATL and our ownership, just look at the expectation that ATL is going to immediately sign a replacement for Martinez.  Meanwhile, we can't even expect a real signing during the offseason.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Re-watching the injury during HT of RB-RSL,
he leans into the defender & gets caught.
Injury more a result of his aggressive play.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users