330 replies to this topic

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Tough loss.  Mets have had the lead in all 4 games, have only held it once, so far.

Still, hope springs eternal.  I will be at the game tomorrow.  Let's Go Mets! 

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

Eh, win tomorrow and they are right back in it.  

We saw what good pitching did to these KC dildos last year in the World Series, it starts with a win tomorrow. 

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
The Mets have several problems that are preventing them from being successful in the World Series: 1.) Their bullpen is absolutely horrible, 2.) Cespedes and Murphy have disappeared in this series, and 3.) They keep making costly errors on routine defensive plays. The Mets just don't have what it takes to be champions this year and I say that as a Mets fan.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,110 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

The Mets have several problems that are preventing them from being successful in the World Series: 1.) Their bullpen is absolutely horrible, 2.) Cespedes and Murphy have disappeared in this series, and 3.) They keep making costly errors on routine defensive plays. The Mets just don't have what it takes to be champions this year and I say that as a Mets fan.

The biggest problem is they are playing the best team in baseball. Remember if it wasn't for one of the all time great WS performances ever by Mad Bum last year they are defending champions. We are losing to one of the best teams in recent memory.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

You may very well be right, but as a Mets fan I can't say they don't have what it takes until the issue is completely decided.  The Royals still have to win the fourth game.   

This story line of Volquez coming back from burying his father to carry his team to the World Series is too good to be true.  Let the Mets jump on him in the first inning and send this Series back to KC.  All it takes is a good AB to turn a cold streak into a hot streak for professional hitters like Cespedes and Murphy.  Harvey, DeGrom and Syndergaard are capable of shutting down any lineup, including one as irritating as these KC buttpipes.

This team has managed to come up big this year, and they have at least one more game to prove it.   

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

tough one for the mets. hindsight bla bla bla, but why not just start familia in the 9th instead of trying to let harvey pitch the whole game? seemed dumb.  oh well, KC was always the favorite. good for them

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

tough one for the mets. hindsight bla bla bla, but why not just start familia in the 9th instead of trying to let harvey pitch the whole game? seemed dumb.  oh well, KC was always the favorite. good for them

Lots of wouldas/couldas, but in the end I think it's pretty plain that KC was a better team flat out and deserved to win. Mets have excellent starting pitchers, but not much else. Their bats were mostly cold. Defense was suspect. They have the tools to grow, but this squad was fortunate to make it as far as they did. I could get mad with Murph over game 5, but without him they aren't there in the series anyway.   

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts

Great atmosphere from the lead-off homer, until the double off Harvey in the top of the ninth.  Then, for me at least, a feeling of impending doom.  Still, a great season until the WS.

Congrats to the Mets!  See you Opening Day!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

Mets were like the cartoon character that runs off a cliff and keeps running and running until he looks down. Hey wtf, how did I get into the World Series? Wasn't it supposed to be the Cardinals vs the Royals?

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts

A new custom for pro sports teams was started by the Boston Red Sox in 2014 and now has been seconded by the SF Giants in 2015. It just might take hold in baseball and other US pro sports. In this case, the previous year's team champs send the new champs a bunch of pizzas. Interesting.

http://m.mlb.com/cut...11/02/156318094

msilverstein47`

msilverstein47`

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Supports:NPSL

thinking some really positive thoughts for Sandy right now:

http://mlb.nbcsports...partner=ya5nbcs

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts

Home Opener one week from tomorrow!  April 8!

A friend calls it his only religious holiday.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts

Home Opener one week from tomorrow!  April 8!

A friend calls it his only religious holiday.

Now that the Mets are post-Madoff, it would make sense for them to do what the Yankees did, and partner with a soccer team. In their case, the Cosmos would be a good fit.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts

Saw a couple of ESCers at Mets Opening Day. :cheers:

ig101

ig101

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,422 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Saw a couple of ESCers at Mets Opening Day. :cheers:

Mets pitching is the best pitching  :cheers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users