1245 replies to this topic

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Im actually sitting in the hospital that had the first Coronavirus case in NY.

Hugs and kisses for everyone.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

For those of you interested in geeking out:

https://nextstrain.org/ncov?p=grid

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
This is getting ridiculous:
https://nypost.com/2...of-coronavirus/

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=-AINf2Kxqko

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

I don't really expect the home game on the 28th to be played, at least not in front of fans. Given the 7 to 14 day period where people with it are asymptomatic, the numbers are probably going to explode in the coming week, especially since we've done very little testing. Looking at what has happened in Italy since the first confirmed case a month ago does not bode well for us, particularly since people in powerful positions in the federal government were still literally calling it a hoax only a few days ago.

Yeah.  There are already way more cases than are reported because of the total fuck up by the Federal government with preparing for testing.  Because of our incredibly ineffective health care system independent of the virus, we are actually worse positioned to deal with the outbreak once it gets bad than China or Italy or South Korea or basically any other developed country.  Even the Germans, who have a far better public health system than us, think 2/3rds of the population are going to get it.  We are going to get hit at least that bad, partially because our leaders (Trump and his appointees and political allies) are straight up lying about it and public trust is crucial in fighting public health problems.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

So if they cancel the games or lock out the fans.....do we get refunds?

LOL i know, but really, do we?

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

Yeah.  There are already way more cases than are reported because of the total fuck up by the Federal government with preparing for testing.  Because of our incredibly ineffective health care system independent of the virus, we are actually worse positioned to deal with the outbreak once it gets bad than China or Italy or South Korea or basically any other developed country.  Even the Germans, who have a far better public health system than us, think 2/3rds of the population are going to get it.  We are going to get hit at least that bad, partially because our leaders (Trump and his appointees and political allies) are straight up lying about it and public trust is crucial in fighting public health problems.

I see youre appreciating the job our President is doing.

Thank you for being a great American.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

So if they cancel the games or lock out the fans.....do we get refunds?

LOL i know, but really, do we?

The big question is if we are going to get our members points. I need me one of those credit card sleeves.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Also, what about those poor suckers that bought the unlimited refill sodas? Won't somebody please think about them?

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,266 posts
So Golden State Warriors just announced they are playing their game vs the Nets behind closed doors.

Seattle Sounders and Mariners just postponed games and the XFL Seattle team is playing behind closed doors.

Seems like just a matter of time before more games do this as well.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

So playing behind closed doors, how would this be any different. Not like many ppl were coming to the stadium anyway. 

RBNY has prepping for a pandemic for yrs it seems, and have constantly been running drills judging by attendance. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts

Because of our incredibly ineffective health care system independent of the virus, we are actually worse positioned to deal with the outbreak once it gets bad than China or Italy or South Korea or basically any other developed country.

What is your basis for this opinion?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

So Golden State Warriors just announced they are playing their game vs the Nets behind closed doors.

Seattle Sounders and Mariners just postponed games and the XFL Seattle team is playing behind closed doors.

Seems like just a matter of time before more games do this as well.

Maybe this will help us with heavy away game slate?

probably not.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,266 posts

Maybe this will help us with heavy away game slate?
probably not.

It's possible, I was gonna try to go to the Miami away game but I'm not bothering now especially with the increasing possibility it happens without fans getting in.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts

was gonna try to go to the Miami away game but ... possibility it happens without fans

Been debating this myself. Have not bought the airline tickets yet, so only investment so far is the game ticket.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

What is your basis for this opinion?

This article lays it out well.  Basically, the issue is that we have hundreds of millions of people (both insured and uninsured) in this country who will  hesitant to get tested for the virus because it could very likely cost them money personally.  In countries with universal healthcare, this is not an issue.  It is much easier to convince people in other systems that there will be no cost to them and that it is in their interest to get tested as soon as possible.  In China, the government can simply say that no one can be charged for the testing.  In Italy and South Korea, they have universal healthcare and it is free. 

This is before you take into consideration things like paid sick leave, which the United States lacks and makes it far more likely that people will go to their work while sick and transmit it to everyone else.  The United States is easily the worst positioned advanced economy to deal with a pandemic.

https://www.cnn.com/...irus/index.html

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users