432 replies to this topic

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Silent? No. They're not silent now, and won't be then.
Have they been discussing options? Of course. Most have gone through Plan A and B and are on C but preparing for D and E and so on.
Have dates set for resuming play and announce those dates next week? Unlikely. Not impossible, but I'd bet against the NBA and MLS doing so. I'd probably wager against the NHL also, but I have no sources there.

My point is that more people are going to start talking about when this actually is going to end, and maybe then you will hear something from the leagues about when they intend to resume.

Right now it seems like taboo in society to question the economic response to the coronavirus but that is going to change real soon.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

My point is that more people are going to start talking about when this actually is going to end, and maybe then you will hear something from the leagues about when they intend to resume.

When you have an attorney arguing on your behalf,
the best policy is to sit and watch.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Right now it seems like taboo in society to question the economic response to the coronavirus but that is going to change real soon.

it's not taboo to discuss it. How the middle-class and below will pay for rent, groceries, child supplies, etc is very much an important topic at the forefront of everyone's minds, and we should be discussing solutions.

What's taboo to talk about is stock market trends for billionaire corporations and wall street executives who have more money than anyone could possibly ever need to live a comfortable life. As if it's a reason to subject millions of people to a deadly virus.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Blame his family. California has free medical coverage for any low-income family with children that enrolls:
https://www.coveredca.com/medi-cal/

This is moronic logic. Imagine a family pushed their child onto the train tracks. Okay, they're idiots. Got it.

But then imagine the engineer of an approaching train was given ample warning, let's call it three minutes before arrival, that a kid was on the tracks. However, there were some bureaucratic rules in place which did not allow the conductor to stop the train. So the train runs the kid over and kills him despite having ample time and resources to stop the train and prevent it.

Regardless of the parents' fuck up,  you would 100% say that the train system that allows kids to die preventable deaths is reprehensible. 

Sorry, no, I refuse to absolve a system which lets a vulnerable child die at no fault of his/her own. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts

This is moronic logic.

Being a moron yourself does not mean that you are logical.

Imagine a ... (false example)

If every child in California can get free medical care by their parents signing up, failure to do so is on them.

I refuse to absolve a system which lets a vulnerable child die at no fault of his/her own. 

The fault is in his/her parents.
You know that, but refuse to admit it.
I expected the local mayor to be carrying on,
but was surprised to see him calm about this.
My expectations here have been met by you.
How about a reality check?
https://www.google.c...nter-mayor/amp/

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Being a moron yourself does not mean that you are logical.
If every child in California can get free medical care by their parents signing up, failure to do so is on them.

The fault is in his/her parents.
You know that, but refuse to admit it.
I expected the mayor to be carrying on, but
was surprised to see him calm about this.
My expectations here have been met.

buddy I already pointed out that the parents fucked up. This isn't an either/or scenario. Multiple parties can have culpability here. The parents being morons aren't an excuse for us standing by idly and doing nothing when it was entirely within our power to prevent the death of a child. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts

The parents being morons aren't an excuse for us standing by idly and doing nothing when it was entirely within our power to prevent the death of a child. 

Dont let the truth get in the way of a rant:
http://publichealth....&row=25&start=1

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Dont let the truth get in the way of a rant:
http://publichealth....&row=25&start=1

I don't know what you think these links prove. The mayor of a town isn't freaking out and so therefore a system which lets innocent. kids die if their parents mess up is good? 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts

The mayor of a town isn't freaking out and so therefore a system which lets innocent. kids die if their parents mess up is good? 

No. The mayor is not pushing a false narrative,
which you are. Re-read the press release.
This death may not even be related to the virus.
There is a saying about bad journalism:
Do not investigate the story too much.
Because, you may find that there is no story.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Your English teachers are rolling in their graves.
Do you even know the definition of: moots?
Discussions are already in progress.
No one is discussing resuming play next week.

You do not know what moots means?  Come on bro.

verb

1. raise (a question or topic) for discussion; suggest (an idea or possibility).

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts

You do not know what moots means?  

I certainly do, and would not misuse it in a sentence as poorly constructed as yours.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts

Im positive ... sucks. I have been sick for six days

Does anyone know how sec201 is doing?
He has not posted in days.
Same with GMoney, whose son was ill.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
Dolan tests +
https://nypost.com/2...or-coronavirus/

John Flushing

John Flushing

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts
  • Interests:www.metrofanatic.com
  • Supports:My Own Self Interests.

image.jpg

"What shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
Checkpoints cancelled ... for now.
https://www.nj.com/c...icial-says.html

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users