432 replies to this topic

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Most middle class white people ... actually fight for their shitty sub-standard health care plans.

Talk about incoherent!

The whole "people from other countries come here for healthcare" is a myth

Stop trying to move the goalposts. My comments were about someone who experienced a medical crisis here and received free excellent medical care, which she would not have received in her socialized-medicine homeland. Then, about the fact that thousands of illegal aliens in my town receive free medical care at the local hospital and attached clinic. Neither is a myth.
BTW, the term Anchor Babies is not limited to illegals.
https://www.wsj.com/...5404456?tesla=y

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

And Trump. He put a limit to the number of people in one place at 10.

He only recommended that. It's not by law, I don't think.

I'm also not sure what happens to restaurants that ignore the dining room bans from the states. Will they face fines if they open the dining rooms?

Regardless there are a lot of trigger-happy decisions being made lately and it doesn't seem like the local politicians who are making them are taking into consideration how they are hurting people.

De Blasio tried to hold out as long as possible with closing the schools, but once that did happen there was at least a rough plan in place for kids to keep learning. That isn't the only obstacle for NYC parents to overcome in terms of the school closures, but it's at least heading in the right direction.

With the restaurants, nobody has offered any help to keep people on their feet.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I'm also not sure what happens to restaurants that ignore the dining room bans from the states. Will they face fines if they open the dining rooms?

Regardless there are a lot of trigger-happy decisions being made lately and it doesn't seem like the local politicians who are making them are taking into consideration how they are hurting people.

De Blasio tried to hold out as long as possible with closing the schools, but once that did happen there was at least a rough plan in place for kids to keep learning. That isn't the only obstacle for NYC parents to overcome in terms of the school closures, but it's at least heading in the right direction.

With the restaurants, nobody has offered any help to keep people on their feet.

So what youre saying is we were completely unprepared for the pandemic scientists have been warning us about for years?

Jesus Christ, whats next? GLOBAL WARMING??? Cyber warfare??? Wall Street fucking us....AGAIN???

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

So what youre saying is we were completely unprepared for the pandemic scientists have been warning us about for years?

Jesus Christ, whats next? GLOBAL WARMING??? Cyber warfare??? Wall Street fucking us....AGAIN???

What the fuck are you going on about? Did your imaginary friend high up in government just tell you something that is making you freak out?

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

What the fuck are you going on about? Did your imaginary friend high up in government just tell you something that is making you freak out?

Hes a scientist. Not a government official.

There is no plan. None. People warned us about this kind of shit for years and our government did nothing. So I dont understand how you are surprised.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Hes a scientist. Not a government official.

There is no plan. None. People warned us about this kind of shit for years and our government did nothing. So I dont understand how you are surprised.

Of course they would do nothing. With so much other shit to focus on, why would they, knowing how this country works?

It still doesn't change the fact that the governors are making hasty and damaging decisions to their residents with little afterthought.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts

There is no plan. None. People warned us about this ... for years and our government did nothing.

Somebody told you this?
What would you expect? Various levels of government to keep hundreds of thousands of empty hospital beds available and fully staffed and equipped to deal with an epidemic that had never previously occurred?
Every year, the Feds create a new flu vaccine, and millions get flu shots. Not every strain is blocked.
The CDC was in Wuhan when this virus had begun. Local doctors and government hid the outbreak, letting it fester.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Not the law, but you think people should ignore that? Again, every choice sucks here - NO good choices.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

the governors are making hasty and damaging decisions to their residents with little afterthought.

It is the federal governments job to be prepared for this scenario and to protect its people. They didnt. If you have a problem take it all the way to the capital.

Local governments are doing the best they can to fight it.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Somebody told you this?
What would you expect? Various levels of government to keep hundreds of thousands of empty hospital beds available and fully staffed and equipped to deal with an epidemic that had never previously occurred?
Every year, the Feds create a new flu vaccine, and millions get flu shots. Not ever strain is blocked.
The CDC was in Wuhan when this virus had begun. Local doctors and government hid the outbreak, letting it fester.

Our healthcare system isnt shit but could be much MUCH better. Weve needed infrastructure upgrades across the board. Not just medical. Instead we get tax cuts for millionaires.

Reaction time by our government WAS shit. Close everything off. Immediately. Everything. Planes trains boats rocket ships.

Immediately mobilize forces to produce tests, expand capacity, more respirators, etc. where the fuck are the tests and the equipment? Still waiting.

The country wasnt prepared. The government denied it was happening. They dropped the fucking ball big time. And people want to know why restaurants and bars are t getting bailed out in NYC. Cause theyre not fucking Wall Street thats why.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts

Our healthcare system ... could be much MUCH better. Weve needed infrastructure upgrades across the board.

We already spend 18% of our GDP on healthcare.
https://www.healthle...my-wide-problem

Reaction time ... Close everything ... Immediately ...

You would be calling Trump a tyrant & dictator, had he done this even two weeks ago.
https://www.google.c...amp/ncna1141611

Immediately mobilize forces to produce tests, expand capacity, more respirators

Have you any experience in manufacturing? Logistics?
The US already has a stockpile of 30 million respirators!
https://www.google.c...s-outbreak.html

The country wasnt prepared.

What country was?
https://www.google.c...-aren-t-so-sure

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

I literally posted an example above that proves that foreigners do indeed come here for medical care (and that statement is also true of quite a few major towns near the 49th parallel).

Where is this post? Don't see it. 

Wait you mean your weak anecdote? How about linking to some science? 

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

Talk about incoherent!

this is like, not saying anything, like you agree withe me that it's baffling?

Stop trying to move the goalposts. My comments were about someone who experienced a medical crisis here and received free excellent medical care, which she would not have received in her socialized-medicine homeland. Then, about the fact that thousands of illegal aliens in my town receive free medical care at the local hospital and attached clinic. Neither is a myth.
BTW, the term Anchor Babies is not limited to illegals.
https://www.wsj.com/...5404456?tesla=y

You're the one moving goalposts - now we're talking about birth tourism???

I think your story is missing lots of context and your anecdotes are not representative of most people's experiences. Poor people in America do not get "free" health care unless they dont give a fuck about their credit. Foreigners are either paying a premium or represent an edge case of some other factor (one child policy, access to experimental procedure at learning hospitals, etc)

Here's a good overview on why it's a bullshit argument

Or this "One study, published in 2016 by the National Bureau of Economic Research, found that someone who goes into the hospital without insurance doubles her chances of filing for bankruptcy over the next four years."

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts

I know your brain doesnt work as well as it used to

How about replying to the comments?
Save the insults for your family gatherings.

I thought you were a lawyer? 

Been called worse.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,110 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Where is this post? Don't see it. 

Wait you mean your weak anecdote? How about linking to some science? 

What the hell does science have to do with the fact that the entire economy of the city of Buffalo is based on medical care with demand being driven by people from another country right across the Niagara River?
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users