• 8,517 posts

https://www.mlssocce...hes-whats-store

March 20
8 PM ET Based on Fan Choice results:
NE vs. HOU (Nov 12, 2006) - MLS Cup 2006 or
NY vs. LA (Aug 18, 2007) - “Beckham NY Debut” or
POR vs. SKC (Oct 29, 2015) - Playoffs “Double Post”

boo Beckham from your living room!!!!!

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Looks like whoever doesn't win gets bumped to next day, so all of these will air soon.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Can we just have 7-0 on a loop?

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

MLS soccer will be rebroadcasting games

NY vs. LA (Aug 18, 2007) - “Beckham NY Debut” 

I was at that game.  One of the most entertaining games I have ever seen live.  

Upstate Fan said - an we just have 7-0 on a loop?

What game would you like to see re-broadcast?  and why?

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

NY vs. LA (Aug 18, 2007) - “Beckham NY Debut” 

Upstate Fan said - an we just have 7-0 on a loop?

What game would you like to see re-broadcast?  and why?

Would love to re-watch both of the above, as well as some of the more recent and memorable playoff wins. BWP's game winning header versus SKC and the 2 times we knocked out DC come to mind first. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

Would love to re-watch both of the above, as well as some of the more recent and memorable playoff wins. BWP's game winning header versus SKC and the 2 times we knocked out DC come to mind first. 

thanks.  Add in some seasons and dates; maybe link to the MF game write up - we have time! 

Were you at these games? 

Walter Tymczyna

Walter Tymczyna

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Cars, Beagles, etc...
  • Supports:Red Bulls

When Clint Mathis scored 5 goals?

--- Red Bulls & NY Jets will win a championship after my lifetime so kill me now. ---

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,110 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
Off the top of my head: The Eddie Gaven game vs the scum, the 5-5 game in SJ (Probably the craziest game in MLS history), the Mathis 5 goal game vs Dallas, the game with THAT Mathis goal, the Wolly wonder goal win over Columbus, the 5-4 win over NE at Giants Stadium, the 5-0 destruction of TFC in the final soccer game ever held at Giants Stadium, both the friendly vs Santos and the first ever MLS game at RBA vs Chicago, the game vs Chicago where we clinched the shield, our first victory (albeit in the much despised shootout) vs Tampa Bay, the game vs Columbus where Danny Cepero scored a goal, our kids giving Chelsea a footballing lesson, the game with the Henry Olimpico, drubbing the blue posers in our first meeting at YSv2.0, Dane Richards torches the Dynamo in Houston to get us to the Western Conference Final, the miracle victory vs RSL to win the West and get us to MLS Cup in 2008, down 2-0 to the scum and win 3-2 in 2001 at Giants Stadium, win 2-1 vs the scum at Giant Stadium on an own goal (first Metro match I ever attended live).

I'd bet anything that Dan has just about all those matches but that if he threw them up on YouTube some goof from either the league or the general goof population would get it yanked and have his account binned.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts

Metro - DC, May 5, 2001. Have not seen a clip in 19 years.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Shield-clinching game against Chicago in 2015 would be a good one. A little drama going behind at the start, a banger from Henry, and we even got to see Lindpere get on the scoresheet at RBA one last time.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts

Shield-clinching game against Chicago in 2015 would be a good one. A little drama going behind at the start, a banger from Henry, and we even got to see Lindpere get on the scoresheet at RBA one last time.

13?

Love that one, and MLS still had 20+ minutes highlights at the time.  Watch it a few times a year.

https://www.youtube....h?v=VZe7HLS1Tw4

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

13?

Love that one, and MLS still had 20+ minutes highlights at the time.  Watch it a few times a year.

https://www.youtube....h?v=VZe7HLS1Tw4

Oh thats a great one!

good to see ole 88 out there ;-)

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

NY vs. LA (Aug 18, 2007) - Beckham NY Debut 

Couple friends showed up late for that one. Finally sat down next to me and thought they were going crazy when they saw the scoreboard.

Great game!

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT
The game where Woly scored that volley at the end. CLASSIC!

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,110 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

The game where Woly scored that volley at the end. CLASSIC!

Was that also the game that ended up being delayed for a couple of hours because of a severe storm or am I thinking of another game vs Columbus?
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users