1229 replies to this topic

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Why wait? If nothing happens by Feb 8th, show up to the Red Member season kickoff event at RBA and turn it into an impromptu Town Hall

WHERE IS DENIS HAMLETT

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

He goes to all the RBII games and there are barely any fans there.

Perfect opportunity to protest and I brought it up last season. Bring a big banner and chant at him the entire game. Ill pay for the banner and Ill go.

Lets face it, out folks arent organized enough nor do they have the halls to do something like that.

Its just the way it is, not a knock. The majority of our current supports enjoy supporting the players on the field and a sense of community and friendship that comes along with it.

If it gets bad again this season, I think a RBIi game is the perfect platform.

I would also definitely chip in money for this

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,787 posts
  • Supports:Metro

definitely LB heavy, no depth behind Duncan who has injury issues of his own.

Still 4-5 roster spots to be filled so 🤷‍♂

I wouldnt say LB heavy but I do want Tolken to get the benefit of rye doubt and start when taxi cant. Im just worried because he didnt have a ton of time in USL last season. The way people talk about him though he sounds like a Gloster level talent. Of course people said the same thing about Mines.

We have roster spots open and tons of cash and cap space.

Get a guy who can play both outside back positions. A guy w experience JUST IN CASE.

Get a CDM w experience who can start for most teams.

Get an all star attacker who will put up the numbers.

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,839 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

I wouldnt say LB heavy but I do want Tolken to get the benefit of rye doubt and start when taxi cant. Im just worried because he didnt have a ton of time in USL last season. The way people talk about him though he sounds like a Gloster level talent. Of course people said the same thing about Mines.

Get a guy who can play both outside back positions. A guy w experience JUST IN CASE.

Mines has been unlucky due to injuries. Hopefully he gets stronger

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts

About Mines? still hopeful for him he can get stronger and run of form.  

Recently Goss from MLS who calls every NYRB2 game for last 4 (?) years said

top 3 players from RB Academy - Adams (best athlete), Gloster (most pro ready), Tolkin (most skillfull and game awareness). 

Everyone else.  

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,265 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

The more they use the "right player" line the more it rubs me the wrong way.

It's your job to find the right players for the system the team wants to use, that's the baseline expectation. It's not an extreme, unforeseen circumstance that excuses leaving valuable roster spots unused.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,787 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Mines has been unlucky due to injuries. Hopefully he gets stronger

Players with Major injuries are more likely to get injured again.

Players with multiple injuries across multiple seasons are more likely to get injured again.

Thems the facts.

Weve counted on too many players over the years that fit this bill.

Im more worried in that regard this season than I ever have been which makes the lack of moves so far a big problem.

You could make an argument to be worried about Valot, Duncan, Meara, Kaku, and White.

We need big time reinforcements for the injuries that are bound to crop up at the most inopportune times.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

It's your job to find the right players for the system the team wants to use, that's the baseline expectation. It's not an extreme, unforeseen circumstance that excuses leaving valuable roster spots unused.

I know. It's not like they are trying to sign Chicharito-level players that require big transfer fees and contracts.

There's not a single player in the entire world -- whether it's a free agent or uber-cheap transfer or otherwise -- that they can work out a deal with to bring in here? Nobody in the entire world wants to spend the summer in New York playing soccer, even for $100k? Bullshit.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,799 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Nobody in the entire world wants to spend the summer in New York playing soccer, even for $100k? Bullshit.

Not for Chris/Denis. Player/agents talk with other player/agents. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,839 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Players with Major injuries are more likely to get injured again.

Players with multiple injuries across multiple seasons are more likely to get injured again.

Thems the facts.

Weve counted on too many players over the years that fit this bill.

Im more worried in that regard this season than I ever have been which makes the lack of moves so far a big problem.

You could make an argument to be worried about Valot, Duncan, Meara, Kaku, and White.

We need big time reinforcements for the injuries that are bound to crop up at the most inopportune times.

Everyone gets hurt. Soccer is a contact sport.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts

I know. It's not like they are trying to sign Chicharito-level players that require big transfer fees and contracts.

There's not a single player in the entire world -- whether it's a free agent or uber-cheap transfer or otherwise -- that they can work out a deal with to bring in here? Nobody in the entire world wants to spend the summer in New York playing soccer, even for $100k? Bullshit.

They already brought Ivan in...

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

"We didn't find the right player(s) that fit our system and our vision. We will keep on looking but we feel confident in our new players through draft and Sims coming back. It's a marathon not a Sprint blah blah blah...."

We been saying right player for like 5 years now... when they gonna bring this guy in?

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 496 posts

Sims is still somewhat of an unknown.

We know what he is. He is a guy who can't score.

He a fast Alex muyl.

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 496 posts

Do they not watch euro soccer on the weekends. There are a million right players.. it's easy to find right player if you spend money.

Ok not easy, buy better chance player will be effective.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,458 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

We know what he is. He is a guy who can't score.

He a fast Alex muyl.

He's better than that.  

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users